Joe Delamiellure

Buftex

He seems like a good guy with a good attitude and all but I can't say I've ever been impressed with his insight.

"Ya know who I really like is that DE - what's his name, Kelsay? He's a player. Whitner, he's good".

Yeah, I wasn't really saying he would make a great head coach, but it seems like this team (or maybe its' coaching staff) just needs some of his attitude. Personally, I like his emotion...it is real, and not fabricated...he was like that in his playing days too. I just don't get the sense that anyone in the current Bills organization really challanges these guys to be better than they are...I can't tell you how much it makes my skin crawl, to hear Jauron say, week after week, "we just need to go back and see what we did wrong, and how we can get better..." or whatever it he keeps spewing...it isn't working coach...you are looking, and the team (players and coaches) keeps making the same mistakes over and over...this past week, Jauron said something to the effect of, when asked about the timeout wasting situation that seems to have plauged this team since Jauron was here "Its' something we want to focus on improving"....what? Than focus on it, and fix it for chissakes...

Sorry, I prefer the mild mannered, classy coach, if they are winning...but when they are just standing by, passively, acting like it is all out of their control...it bugs me.

Joe D annoys me. He's kind of got the dumb jock about him.....I remember him being asked questions that had nothing to do with his gripe about the players union and him going on and on about it. Schoop tried to pull him back to no avail. I'm glad he's not on in the afternoons anymore...........he's a lot like Deacon Jones - where all you hear is how much better, tougher, etc. they were back in the day...........And, just because you sound off constantly about anything, doesn't mean you are right. Just means you are making a name for yourself.

I shook hands with Joe back when he was coaching at Duke in the 1999 season. He is not as tall as claimed. He looked about 6'1". At the time he looked about 230 lbs and trim. I think he spends alot more time on the treadmill than he does the weights. He would get destroyed.

You're right! Steve Tasker was 5' 9" 180 in his playing days, and he got destroyed too....oh wait.... :lol:

No, seriously...Joe D played at a different time. Those guys played at like 250 and were considered big. Now you have to be 300 or so. But I agree with the comment above "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". We need dogs with less bark and more FIGHT!

Remember Joe D pulling and leading the sweep arround end.

Can you see any of these fat slobs doing that.They seem to make the initial block and then just quit on it.

That goes back to desire to make the play.Look at the Patriots guards pulling,the Steelers trap blocking .

Dallas's power sweep.

Then we have these over paid under acheivers that Joe D is refering to.

I don't know if he would be a good coach,but maybe he might light a fire under their butts,and bring some accountability.

Remember Joe D pulling and leading the sweep arround end.

Can you see any of these fat slobs doing that.They seem to make the initial block and then just quit on it.

That goes back to desire to make the play.Look at the Patriots guards pulling,the Steelers trap blocking .

Dallas's power sweep.

Then we have these over paid under acheivers that Joe D is refering to.

I don't know if he would be a good coach,but maybe he might light a fire under their butts,and bring some accountability.

And that comes a lot with coaching we definitely have the talent and the size at the offensive line but our guys play with no passion. It's no coincidence that the Giant's o-line is one of the most feared with Coughlin at the head as well as the Patriots. Bobby April's playersare infuriated when they make a mistake, I forget the game but it was a couple weeks back, Lindell kicked a ball out of bounds on the kickoff, went to the sidelines and smashed his helmet on the ground. Now some people can argue that they don't like that type of attitude in players but for right now that's exactly what our team needs. Jauron's people screw up, they go sit on the bench under the fan. April's players screw up, and they kneel down alone on the sidelines too pissed off to talk to anyone.

I vote Bobby April as interm head coach, I know he doesn't have any experience but he reminds a bit of Coughlin and might actually give this team a head coach that they're a little afraid of making mistakes for and give them some motivation.

You're right! Steve Tasker was 5' 9" 180 in his playing days, and he got destroyed too....oh wait.... B-)

No, seriously...Joe D played at a different time. Those guys played at like 250 and were considered big. Now you have to be 300 or so. But I agree with the comment above "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". We need dogs with less bark and more FIGHT!

Yeah --times have changed now we have our monster DEs.

I don't really care a lot about Joe D. or his opinions but this post did remind me of something.

At the end of the San Francisco game they showed a shot of a Bills player and a Niners players standing at midfield talking and laughing. I'm not advocating that the players hate each other but I found it a bit odd that Bills player would be laughing less than a minute after one of the worst performances of the 2008 season.

Joe is right on one thing, a lot of players don't care about anything but the paycheck.