The rumors maybe be true

Erik

Jauron needs to win last four games to keep Buffalo job

Dick Jauron

If somehow the Buffalo Bills were to sweep their finishing gauntlet of games — Miami, the New York Jets, Denver and New England — to finish 10-6, Dick Jauron, whose career NFL record is 56-73, will have earned the right to keep coaching the Bills.

But anything less and this front office needs the courage to make a change. It can make that alleged contract extension go away, no questions asked.

Jauron did address his job security. "I always feel like I'm playing for my job," he said. "It's the nature of our business. You can say that about any game and every game."

It was a clichéd answer, but at least he acknowledged that winning is the measuring stick in pro sports. Jauron is a fine human being but the fans booing their lungs out Sunday don't really care about that.

Source: Democrat and Chronicle

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_ylt=Al...QKT7y.Gj4VDubYF

If true, then my guess is that he agreed on figures but did not actually sign the contract when the report broke.

At which point all the players will start wearing pink tutu's and doing their own half-time performance.

Yeah you cheer for a broke-ass team that resides in a city with no money. Deal with it.

Heh heh....

I LOVE this guy!

Jauron is a very good coach who just needs a qb to win games. I supported the bills decision to go with Edwards, but if Pennington or Favre was quarterbacking the bills they would qualify for the playoffs. I just hope Edwards turns it around, because the bills need stability, not another coach.

I wouldn't go that far... however, a good QB can make a weak coach look like a star and a poor QB can ruin a good coach's career... Just ask Andy Reid how things are going for him in Philly.

I wouldn't go that far... however, a good QB can make a weak coach look like a star and a poor QB can ruin a good coach's career... Just ask Andy Reid how things are going for him in Philly.

Just look at how Trent's downturn this season has coincided with the frothing Jauron ire which runs rampant here.

Jauron is a very good coach who just needs a qb to win games. I supported the bills decision to go with Edwards, but if Pennington or Favre was quarterbacking the bills they would qualify for the playoffs. I just hope Edwards turns it around, because the bills need stability, not another coach.

Why is he a very good coach? 56-73 record indicates other wise.

OK. Has he needed a QB for all of his losing seasons as a head coach? <_<

If you're not being sarcastic, do you want to place a bet on that?

You should freaking know by now that I'm not being sarcastic.

Sorry Francis, but I don't gamble. But you can make a pretend bet with me and give the money you lose to charity. <_<

Give it up.

Dick Jauron is the worst head coach in the league and he will be getting fired after his 6-9 team gets waxed by the Patriots to end the season.

Worse than Herm Edwards? I doubt that- I laughed at the Cheifs when they hired him! Look, I am not going to argue whether Jauron is a good coach or a bad coach, I just try to evaluate him by how well we do based on our talent level....people form their opinions and thats fine.

I don't think changing coaches is going to solve anything- it hasn't in over a decade now. We need somebody to come into the front office that has a vision. Personally, I'd like to see us bring in some athletic linemen capable of zone blocking, which would turn Lynch into one of the best players in the league. I'd like to see some big athletic WR's in, that are in the mold of Brandon Marshall/Terrell Owens that can make big catches and block downfield. How about a smash mouth fullback in the Sam Gash mode- that would propel our offense in the cold weather.

Get some bigger, more athletic DE's and more depth at DT.

This argument about who stands on the sidelines is boring the heck out of me....it isn't the problem now, and hasn't been for years....we need some sort of direction