On Jauron

BeastMode54

56-73....that speaks for itself....It really sucks that we have to go through the hiring of another head coach, but what other option do we have?

We are really starting to look and feel like the Cardinals franchise.....UGH!

Except the Cardinals are actually going to the playoffs because they TOOK ADVANTAGE OF A WEAKENED DIVISION AND LIGHTER SCHEDULE!!!!

Unlike our merry band of tards that pissed it all away thru BAD COACHING and HORRIBLE PREPARATION.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the Cardinals are actually going to the playoffs because they TOOK ADVANTAGE OF A WEAKENED DIVISION AND LIGHTER SCHEDULE!!!!

Unlike our merry band of tards that pissed it all away thru BAD COACHING and HORRIBLE PREPARATION.

Could you please me more specific about "horrible preparation?" Seems to me our defense was pretty well prepared on Sunday AND against the Browns. Two games that should have put us at 8-4 and first in the division. Seems to me that preparation was not an issue in either of those games.

Could you please me more specific about "horrible preparation?" Seems to me our defense was pretty well prepared on Sunday AND against the Browns. Two games that should have put us at 8-4 and first in the division. Seems to me that preparation was not an issue in either of those games.

And how well prepared was the offense? And how energetic did the team seem in both those games? You'd have to blind to not notice how lethargic and listless the team looked coming out of the gates.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Jauron is losing this team in the locker room. Josh Reed was on AChannel in Toronto to promote the game last night. He was asked point blank: "Are you prepared for games?" and Josh paused...stuttered and responded with: "It just seems lately that we aren't ready for the other team and they seem more ready for us." and then he backtracked when the reporter dug further and mumbled something about the players getting ready during practice...

And how well prepared was the offense? And how energetic did the team seem in both those games? You'd have to blind to not notice how lethargic and listless the team looked coming out of the gates.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Jauron is losing this team in the locker room. Josh Reed was on AChannel in Toronto to promote the game last night. He was asked point blank: "Are you prepared for games?" and Josh paused...stuttered and responded with: "It just seems lately that we aren't ready for the other team and they seem more ready for us." and then he backtracked when the reporter dug further and mumbled something about the players getting ready during practice...

Can we please eliminate "energy" from the argument- especially when it's the OFFENSE which is in question? It's not in an offense's best interest to be roided out before every game. Also, the idea of "losing the locker room" is pure conjecture.

Regarding the offense's preparation, I think we're back to the chicken v egg dilemma because I can't determine who's fault it is that defenses do different things against us than they do against everyone else. If it's the case where they're doing different things against us than we've seen on film, then they're clearly not in base formation, they've adjusted their scheme to specifically neutralize the Bills' tendencies.

Now, with that in mind, my question -before Sunday- was: are we not calling the right plays? Or are the plays not being run properly? From where I sat, it was the latter. Do you think any defense in their right mind would bait teams like the Steelers, or the Giants, Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Packers, Chargers, Cardinals... into playing AGGRESSIVELY? Hell no! But that's EXACTLY how defenses play us. It's not coming through on film, because 9 times out of ten, teams have to respect their opponent's deep threat. So, when our players are preparing it's for naught, and therefor, until we do something (throw 4-5 deep passes in the first quarter), teams will implement a defensive strategy that we can't "prepare" for.

IMO it's completely on Trent's head to knock team's out of this borderline insulting defensive scheme we keep running into.

The key there is "I think." There are many problems, including a coach that may or may not be what each side thinks, a meddling owner and subpar talent. Which came first- the chicken or the egg- all any of us can make is an educated guess

Okay. Let me rephrase that:

I think believe a big chunk of our problems are caused by him (Jauron), either directly or indirectly.

Your argument would be more valid if the Bills were the first team Jauron has coached. It's not. He achieved similar results on a completely different team.

Okay. Let me rephrase that:

I think believe a big chunk of our problems are caused by him (Jauron), either directly or indirectly.

Your argument would be more valid if the Bills were the first team Jauron has coached. It's not. He achieved similar results on a completely different team.

Can you substantiate that?

Dude, what are you looking for exactly? Does he need to sneak into team meetings and record Dick Jauron doing crappy game preparation?

At a certain point results speak for themselves. Do you think Dave Wannstedt and Norv Turner got fair shakes at their previous jobs, or did they just need more time?

Sorry, you're not likely to get a document that gives unequivocal proof that Jauron is a mediocre coach at best. But between poor decisions in the red zone, terrible end game clock management, and burning time outs like they're going out of style, I think there's enough to show his deficiencies - unless you've decided to simply rationalize everything away.

Last time I checked, the Chicago Bears and the Buffalo Bills are two different franchises. Both were in operation from 1999-2003, and both still are in operation starting in 2006.

Dude, what are you looking for exactly? Does he need to sneak into team meetings and record Dick Jauron doing crappy game preparation?

At a certain point results speak for themselves. Do you think Dave Wannstedt and Norv Turner got fair shakes at their previous jobs, or did they just need more time?

Sorry, you're not likely to get a document that gives unequivocal proof that Jauron is a mediocre coach at best. But between poor decisions in the red zone, terrible end game clock management, and burning time outs like they're going out of style, I think there's enough to show his deficiencies - unless you've decided to simply rationalize everything away.

The Bills are exactly where he wants them to be - mediocre to crappy. He thinks the fans of the Bills are "needy" for wanting a "HOF caliber coach".

Personally, I take his time in Chicago with a grain of salt. Different conference, different era, different set of circumstances that created the job opening, etc. I'll except that the information regarding his time in Chicago now supplemented by his time in Buffalo will indicate that he's not YET a HOF caliber coach. He may never be, but only time will tell. HOWEVER- popular these days is this knee jerk, un-qualified declaration "if Chicago, then Buffalo," and I honestly don't think there's any here among us well educated enough to make that claim.

The only reason I harp on it is because people like to use this rationale to justify the idea that since Buffalo has had three tough to pin down, mediocre seasons, all just a few bounces from 11-5 as much as they were a couple of bounces from 5-11, then the only other information we have to evaluate the guy is his RECORD in Chicago. Doing so, IMO doesn't take into account the personnel tools or week to week match ups and outcomes of those years OR the years since he's been in Buffalo.

And again, you've cited TWO game day scenarios while listing three to determine he's a crappy coach. "Poor" is relative to perspective. I've had this conversation three times since Sunday and in regards to his "poor" play calling, the only thing he's consistently been in inconsistent. There are just as many instances where fans were screaming for the pass as there were instances where they were screaming for the run during plays in the red zone.

As for clock management, you're not going to convince me that this a non-trivial issue because a.) it's peanuts compared to all the other factors that go in to a coach's duties, assuming all the TO's can be accredited to him, and only him anyways and b.) in THREE seasons, may be, MAY BE two games have come down to us not having enough time outs. I'm sorry, but that's fact.

The time out issue belies a larger problem though. Any well coached team (hell my uni rugby team for that matter), if they are well coached, will not encounter a situation so unexpected that they must take a break from the game to figure out what is going on. Every game however, the Bills have to do this, using up timeouts before we ever hit the 2 minute mark.

The biggest example of this was I believe in the Browns game. I don't remember the details but we had busted a huge gain on offense to get to their 2 or so. We ran down the field to set up with another play, and then called a timeout. A well coached team would have immediately ran to the line and sneaked it or ran a HB dive because the defense was reeling and would have been unable to reply.

That's how the timeout issue is non-trivial.

Personally, I take his time in Chicago with a grain of salt. Different conference, different era, different set of circumstances that created the job opening, etc. I'll except that the information regarding his time in Chicago now supplemented by his time in Buffalo will indicate that he's not YET a HOF caliber coach. He may never be, but only time will tell. HOWEVER- popular these days is this knee jerk, un-qualified declaration "if Chicago, then Buffalo," and I honestly don't think there's any here among us well educated enough to make that claim.

The only reason I harp on it is because people like to use this rationale to justify the idea that since Buffalo has had three tough to pin down, mediocre seasons, all just a few bounces from 11-5 as much as they were a couple of bounces from 5-11, then the only other information we have to evaluate the guy is his RECORD in Chicago. Doing so, IMO doesn't take into account the personnel tools or week to week match ups and outcomes of those years OR the years since he's been in Buffalo.

And again, you've cited TWO game day scenarios while listing three to determine he's a crappy coach. "Poor" is relative to perspective. I've had this conversation three times since Sunday and in regards to his "poor" play calling, the only thing he's consistently been in inconsistent. There are just as many instances where fans were screaming for the pass as there were instances where they were screaming for the run during plays in the red zone.

As for clock management, you're not going to convince me that this a non-trivial issue because a.) it's peanuts compared to all the other factors that go in to a coach's duties, assuming all the TO's can be accredited to him, and only him anyways and b.) in THREE seasons, may be, MAY BE two games have come down to us not having enough time outs. I'm sorry, but that's fact.

Is your last name Jauron? Because how do you not see what a MAJORITY of "needy fans", the media and other teams around the league see about Dick Jauron?

He is a career loser with one anomaly of a season which he followed by proceeding to lose his job two seasons later. You can defend him until you are blue in the face but Dick Jauron will NEVER (and this I am 100% certain) lead the Buffalo Bills to a Super Bowl. And as fans, if we expect any less from this franchise every year, then we are doing a disservice to the city of Buffalo.

You may have accepted mediocrity but I for one will never, ever expect my Bills to be bad.

I don't know why this is even a discussion. Regardless of how some posters want to spin or control the debate, the facts are in, and they point to one conclusion - Jauron is a loser coach along the lines of Wayne Fontes, Rich Kotite and Pete Carroll. Period.

I don't know why this is even a discussion. Regardless of how some posters want to spin or control the debate, the facts are in, and they point to one conclusion - Jauron is a loser coach along the lines of Wayne Fontes, Rich Kotite and Pete Carroll. Period.

Typical "needy" Bills fan. What do you know.

Time outs are huge. HUGE! If you can't agree with that then I don't think we have anything to discuss. Losing time outs early affects the entire end to a close game.

Here's the thing about your defense of Jauron. I guarantee you, every loser coach that ever coached in this league has had adversity they could point to that could be a partial explanation for this record. But at the end of the day, they're still losers. Should Detroit never fire a coach?

Perhaps it is just coincidence, but injuries also seem to follow Jauron wherever he goes. I know that injuries are just part of the game, but for whatever reason Jauron has been saddled with more than his fair share. Obviously these last two seasons have been very tough. Also, recall that after going 13-3 back in 2001, he got something of a pass for his final two years in Chicago because the team was so riddled with injuries.

Perhaps it is just coincidence, but injuries also seem to follow Jauron wherever he goes. I know that injuries are just part of the game, but for whatever reason Jauron has been saddled with more than his fair share. Obviously these last two seasons have been very tough. Also, recall that after going 13-3 back in 2001, he got something of a pass for his final two years in Chicago because the team was so riddled with injuries.

It couldn't have anything to do with player preparation? The guy is a wuss and his players are just following suit.

<_<

Are we to believe that other coaches, especially other coaches that win more than they lose, do not face adversity? that they win simply because they always have overwhelming talent and everything goes swimmingly?

The Patriots lost a Hall-of-Famer in the first quarter of the season, arguably the most important player in franchise history, (not to mention a slew of other injuries) and yet they continue to win, have a winning record, and are ahead of the Bills in the standings. We'll see what happens this last month of the regular season, but I for one am not counting the Patriots out of anything at the moment. Is that not adversity? What of the Colts? Or the Steelers? Or the Titans? Things haven't gone perfectly for any of the front-runners, in fact.

There is only one way to substantiate the entire argument. All of this opinion and conjecture means little. Only the results matter. We can all look at the numbers (wins, losses and scores) from the past 3 years and draw a conclusion. Chances are when the subjectivity is removed and only the results are considered, we all end up in the same place.