Marty Schottenheimer

Simon

Today.

Not tomorrow.

Right now.

This season is gone anyways. Get the next coach in here and give him some extra time to acclimate to the players and let them get used to him. Give him a first hand look at practices, sidelines, facilities, filmrooms, personell, staff, etc.

The Bills gain nothing by waiting around for the inevitable firing of Jauron; try and salvage something by getting a little jump start on next year.

Please?

Pretty f'ing please?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today.

Not tomorrow.

Right now.

This season is gone anyways. Get the next coach in here and give him some extra time to acclimate to the players and let them get used to him. Give him a first hand look at practices, sidelines, facilities, filmrooms, personell, staff, etc.

The Bills gain nothing by waiting around for the inevitable firing of Jauron; try and salvage something by getting a little jump start on next year.

Please?

Pretty f'ing please?

He would make a good intermediate coach between Jauron and whomever the Bills need to take them to a Super Bowl.

He would make a good intermediate coach between Jauron and whomever the Bills need to take them to a Super Bowl.

He might be the perfect guy to get them over the 9-10 win hump.

We'll deal with the rest of the equation later.

He might be the perfect guy to get them over the 9-10 win hump.

We'll deal with the rest of the equation later.

Exactly. Start having double-digit win seasons, thereby attracting higher quality free agents and creating some optimism in the locker room, and then get someone else for the final push (we all know Marty can't do it). I'd have him here tomorrow if it were up to me.

Jauron isn't going anywhere until after the 2010 season at the earliest

He just signed an extension thru 2011, and it'll take a crowbar to separate Ralph from his money

If that was the case I'd cringe and agree.

But there seems to be some question as to whether the extension was actually signed or just reported. I've yet to see satisfying evidence either way; or maybe I'm just whistling past the graveyard.

He just signed an extension thru 2011, and it'll take a crowbar to separate Ralph from his money

Fire Jauron now; he is a loser. He had 1 winning season with the Bears. Shottenheimer or Cower would be the only 2 names that would excite me. Bills fans deserve way better than this Ralph. We have supported a loser for way to long now. Change is needed immediately!!! By the way, can Losman while your at it; what an absolute pathetic excuse for a QB...

Why would any respectable coach come here? Ralph is a loser. The only chance is to strike gold with a young up-and-comer.

You mean like Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey? Good idea.

We need someone who can manage the game clock correctly. We need someone who challenges at the right times. We need someone with GOOD on-the-field game management experience. I'm tired of up-and-comers who get their experience here, get fired, then go somewhere else and be good coordinators.

I advocated for Schottenheimer around the time Gregg Williams was hired and got shot down because he didn't win in the playoffs. Marty isn't a bad choice because he has won in this league and he has ties to Buffalo and Ralph. He has to be in his 70s now, but I'll take him.

First, the extension isn't official...all we've heard about is the rumors.

Second, even if he does have an extension, it doesn't mean he can't be fired.

You mean like Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey? Good idea.

We need someone who can manage the game clock correctly. We need someone who challenges at the right times. We need someone with GOOD on-the-field game management experience. I'm tired of up-and-comers who get their experience here, get fired, then go somewhere else and be good coordinators.

I advocated for Schottenheimer around the time Gregg Williams was hired and got shot down because he didn't win in the playoffs. Marty isn't a bad choice because he has won in this league and he has ties to Buffalo and Ralph. He has to be in his 70s now, but I'll take him.

I'd take Schottenheimer in a minute, but he's not coming here. I have a better chance of becoming the Bills coach than Cowher ever coming here. With Ralph as owner, we are not getting any experienced coach who has won.