And with the #33 overall pick,

Omigod, Armageddon is here. It is October and we are seriously talking about next year's draft?

Puhleeze.  :lol:

I would rather go SUW.  <_<

87452[/snapback]

Should we stick with the "yeah, we're 1-5, but we can win this week because of____" threads, Rock? Or, the oh so popular, "it's _________'s fault..." threads?

With Jennings injury history you think he'll strike it rich?

87779[/snapback]

LT's do tend to be overpaid. Even though interior OL are every bit as vital to protecting a QB (and we can attest to this, knowing how vulnerable Bledsoe is to blitzes up the middle), LTs get all the glory of being the QB's blindside protector. For that reason, they do get the big bucks. I could see someone paying Jonas a big contract, but it would be a mistake.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*
Its going to end up being an offensive linemen......I think Jennings is history

I truly hope that they load up on O Line talent this next year......

87770[/snapback]

What they should do and what they actually do seems to be two different things. Look at TD's draft history the last couple of years. We all know that o-linemen are needed but with him he wants to pull draft day surprises.

Anything he does wouldn't shock me anymore.

What they should do and what they actually do seems to be two different things. Look at TD's draft history the last couple of years. We all know that o-linemen are needed but with him he wants to pull draft day surprises.

Anything he does wouldn't shock me anymore.

87795[/snapback]

Shock? No. Disgust? Probably, especially if he neglects the offensive line again. Please no more late round busts, Donahoe! Get us a quality G and C this time!!!

Should we stick with the "yeah, we're 1-5, but we can win this week because of____" threads, Rock?  Or, the oh so popular, "it's _________'s fault..." threads?

87475[/snapback]

Lemmee see, flip a coin.... oops, it is standing on edge! :(

I know what your saying, and you can post anything you want, you know that!

Just makes me sad. :P

Lemmee see, flip a coin....  oops, it is standing on edge!  :(

I know what your saying, and you can post anything you want, you know that!

Just makes me sad.  :P

87807[/snapback]

Don't be sad. It could be worse: we could be 1-5......................

oops.

Wait, is that how the 2nd round works? Is it just a repeat of the first round????????

Because say we end up with the worst record in football, I know we would get the #1 overall, but since Dallas gets that, we would get the #1 in round two??

R. Rich, explain...

You guys are saying get a quality G or C, but I think that with MW & Villareal manning the G slots and Teague/Tucker at C, we'll be OK there. Jennings is gone, someone will pay him the big $$, hopefully, not us. That would mean we are short on T's, with only Price. We would need to draft a T and maybe even sign one that can stay healthy.

Perhaps...

LT - Munoz

LG - MW

C - Tucker/Teague

RG - Villarial

RT - Price or Free Agent

You guys are saying get a quality G or C, but I think that with MW & Villareal manning the G slots and Teague/Tucker at C, we'll be OK there.  Jennings is gone, someone will pay him the big $$, hopefully, not us.  That would mean we are short on T's, with only Price.  We would need to draft a T and maybe even sign one that can stay healthy.

Perhaps...

LT - Munoz

LG - MW

C - Tucker/Teague

RG - Villarial

RT - Price or Free Agent

87846[/snapback]

That wouldn't be a bad idea. If we can land a good tackle with a 2nd round pick, by all means we should, especially in light of Jennings' impending free agency. I just don't know if Munoz will be there come the top of round 2. There are a few others I'd like to see, but I know they'll be gone, like Jammal Brown of Oklahoma and Alex Barron of Florida State.