And with the #33 overall pick,

???

I don't know, that's why I'm starting this thread.

Any of you college football guys have some suggestions to get us suicidal fans excited about the NFL again?

In my opinion, we need to go OL with that 33rd pick unless an absolute stud playing another position drops down the draft boards for no good reason. So having said that, discussing specific OL college players would be the most relevant to this thread.

Peace.

Two possibilities for the 33rd or so pick would be Ben Wilkerson-C; LSU or Vince Carter-C;Oklahoma. One of these guys might slide to us and could start from day one. Oklahoma has two All-Americans on their OL and Carter is one of them. Wilkerson was injured earlier in the year and not sure of his status at the present time. Just a couple of guys to watch the remainder of the college season and bowl games.

Late

We were talking about this last week on the College Board. UConnJames suggested we take Ohio State kicker Mike Nugent in the 2nd round. This guy is money and nailed a 68 yard field goal in training camp. Ohio State plays in an outdoor stadium, so we know he can kick in the elements. We were debating if he would fall to the 3rd round or not. But this guy can be a solid and productive Buffalo Bill for a very long time.

Right now educated options would be

Elton Brown OG 6-5, 335 Virginia

Anttaj Hawthorne DT 6-3, 310 Wisconsin

Orien Harris DT 6-4, 300 Miami

Alex Barron OT 6-6, 310 Florida State

Marcus McNeill OT 6-8, 340 Auburn

Michael Munoz OT 6-5, 315 Tennessee

David Baas OG 6-5, 310 Michigan

Jammal Brown OT 6-6, 315 Oklahoma

Andrew Whitworth OT 6-6, 325 LSU

Logan Mankins Sr. OT Fres. St. - Kiper projects him at #24

Tom Donahoe mostly does not like to draft players from the state of Florida so we can pretty much rule those guys out

Althogh I think getting an offensive lineman is more important, I also would not be too suprised if he went with a CB since Nate Clements contract is up after the 2005 seaeson

There is still a possibility the Bills could get a 2nd rounder for Henry.

K Mike Nugent could very well be there for the Bills in the 3rd round

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005top100.htm

In another anrrogant move, Teflon Tom will draft a QB to battle JP to backup Drew.

In a draft day quote from TD- "After that rotator cuff heals, this QB will be the steal of the draft!. We couldn't pass him up even though those 3 pro-bowl quality OL somehow fell to our spot"

We were talking about this last week on the College Board.  UConnJames suggested we take Ohio State kicker Mike Nugent in the 2nd round.  This guy is money and nailed a 68 yard field goal in training camp.  Ohio State plays in an outdoor stadium, so we know he can kick in the elements.  We were debating if he would fall to the 3rd round or not.  But this guy can be a solid and productive Buffalo Bill for a very long time.

87284[/snapback]

Please, you have to be kidding right? I live in Columbus and yeah the kid is good but in no way should we make him our 1st pick, (which would be 2nd RD) If we go anywere other than O-line something is very wrong. In the 3rd round yes it's possible. Their is no guarantee we get a 1st RD pick

Micheal Munoz, LT, Tennessee. A possibility at our current draft position.

Well, you know he's got good genes. Do you really think he'll slip that far?

Then maybe...

LT - Munoz

LG - MW

C - ? or Ross Tucker or Teague

RG - Villareal

RT - Price or ?

Please, you have to be kidding right? I live in Columbus and yeah the kid is good but in no way should we make him our 1st pick, (which would be 2nd RD)  If we go anywere other than O-line something is very wrong. In the 3rd round yes it's possible. Their is no guarantee we get a 1st RD pick

87434[/snapback]

I too think we should go O-line with our first pick. Nuge is money - Janikowski talent with out his head. 3 for 3 from 50+ so far this year. He would be worth a 3rd if still available.

Right now educated options would be

Elton Brown                          OG                6-5, 335      Virginia

Anttaj Hawthorne                DT                  6-3, 310      Wisconsin

Orien Harris                        DT                6-4, 300      Miami

Alex Barron                          OT                  6-6, 310      Florida State

Marcus McNeill                OT                6-8, 340        Auburn

Michael Munoz                    OT                6-5, 315        Tennessee

David Baas                            OG                6-5, 310        Michigan

Jammal Brown                      OT                6-6, 315        Oklahoma

Andrew Whitworth            OT                6-6, 325        LSU

Logan Mankins Sr.    OT    Fres. St.      - Kiper projects him at #24

Tom Donahoe mostly does not like to draft players from the state of Florida so we can pretty much rule those guys out

Althogh I think getting an offensive lineman is more important, I also would not be too suprised if he went with a CB since Nate Clements contract is up after the 2005 seaeson

There is still a possibility the Bills could get a 2nd rounder for Henry.

K Mike Nugent could very well be there for the Bills in the 3rd round

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005top100.htm

87298[/snapback]

Of the guys you mentioned, I'd absolutely love to see Elton Brown, Alex Barron, or Jammal Brown here, but I really don't think any of them will still be on the board when we pick. Jammal Brown may even be the first or second offensive lineman taken in the draft (Barron and J. Brown might be the top 2 OL taken). I've been watching a lot of tape on Utah and, in particular, G Chris Kemoeatu. He looks pretty good. He's got a mean streak, is strong at the point of attack, and seems to have gotten over his anger issues (so far). I think he could even still be around at the top of the third round. If so, I sure hope we get him.