Bar Fight involving former Bill?

bills44

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/Bills_players..._fight_20081129

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - News 4 has learned a former member of the Buffalo Bills and a current Bills player may have been involved in a serious fight at a Downtown Buffalo bar.

Sources tell News 4, an Iraq war veteran was allegedly assaulted by the former player at Liars early Friday morning.

The sources say the current player was present at the time of the fight, but is only believed to have witnessed it.

A Buffalo Police spokesman tells News 4 that people are being questioned at this time.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...15&catid=37

WGRZ is reporting that police would like to speak with Eric Moulds.

just my opinion, why does the news have to state that it was an Iraqi war vet? I support our troops and am very thankfull for what they do. However, when they are home drinking at a bar they are just like everybody else.

I think media outlets want to make football players look bad.

Sources tell News 4, an Iraq war veteran was allegedly assaulted by the former player at Liars early Friday morning. Interesting. No one cares about the vet but go ca-ca that Moulds was there.

It might have some merit, depending on what the fight was about. Personally it just seems like fluffer to paint someone in a bad light. "Oh no a war vet, how could he?". It could've just been a complete random drunken fight. Having nothing to do, with any kind of disagreement over war, and or politics. The fact that he just happened to be, a war veteran imho is irrelevant, until proven otherwise.

It might have some merit, depending on what the fight was about. Personally it just seems like fluffer to paint someone in a bad light. "Oh no a war vet, how could he?". It could've just been a complete random drunken fight. Having nothing to do, with any kind of disagreement over war, and or politics. The fact that he just happened to be, a war veteran imho is irrelevant, until proven otherwise.

I've known a lot of vets from the current conflicts, come home, go out and find themselves in a fight. It's not a good idea to generalize that they were completely innocent in any altercation, just b/c they served their country. Lots of stuff going on in that mind, from anger issues, ptsd, etc. and then mix in alcohol? Nor is it a good idea to generalize that a current or former Buffalo Bill is without fault. We don't know who instigated it and so should reserve judgment, but then again, to borrow from "The Great Gatsby" a little, an incident like this (usually) takes two people making bad decisions.

The guy probably told Moulds that he really was a possession receiver for the last 4 years of his career and not a deep threat, which caused Moulds, clearly still in denial, to get so mad that he punched him in the face...