Need any more proof that "Christmas" is out of hand?

blzrul

Funny how they want the benefits of the day and the season. you BETTER invite all these folks to the parties, the parades, givem them the day off, all that stuff. But show them the TRUE REASON for all those good things...show them a few statues of a man, woman and a baby in a straw hut and all of a sudden, then get a little squirmy, like vampires exposed to the sun.

I pity them.

Is that the "true reason?" Or was a pagen winter festival just given Christain trappings?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it you're not a capitalist then, right?

"Point"? Don't give yourself too much credit. It was more like an incoherent moronic rant than a point.

Funny, a few posts up, you said it was a "great point." :devil:

Seriously...do you act this way intentionally?

Is that the "true reason?" Or was a pagen winter festival just given Christain trappings?

Whether or not there was indeed a "pagan festival" years and decades and centuries ago that led to the Holiday being celebrated at this specific time of year, the fact is that the reason this Holiday is celebrated and the purpose of the season is to commemorate the birth of Christ.

Try not to be a moron. Just give it a shot.

Whether or not there was indeed a "pagan festival" years and decades and centuries ago that led to the Holiday being celebrated at this specific time of year, the fact is that the reason this Holiday is celebrated and the purpose of the season is to commemorate the birth of Christ.

LOL, did that man, women and the little baby Jesus decorate a Christmas tree together? :devil:

Actually the reason for the season is to commemorate the birth of Santa Claus.

I realize attempting to exchange ideas here is fairly useless, but I figured unlike the linking retard, at least molson has the ability to read and understand.

Anyhoo...time to do some work. For you that means get back to folding the sweater LinkBoy.

That's too hard a job for him. I think he's in charge of putting the pickles on the burgers at McD's.

I don't believe that Jesus is the son of god. I do celebrate Christmas and wish people a Merry Christmas this time of year.

Christmas has meaning to plenty of nonreligious (or alt-religious) folk.

Heck, we'll even sing Silent Night in the Quaker Meetinghouse on Christmas Eve.

I don't believe that Jesus is the son of god. I do celebrate Christmas and wish people a Merry Christmas this time of year.

Christmas has meaning to plenty of nonreligious (or alt-religious) folk.

Heck, we'll even sing Silent Night in the Quaker Meetinghouse on Christmas Eve.

Care to share what that meaning is? Do you just like the song or are you an aspiring karaoke singer?

Care to share what that meaning is? Do you just like the song or are you an aspiring karaoke singer?

The song is a Christmas song and that's what they sing at the Meetinghouse on Christmas Eve. It's a song about the birth story of Jesus. I don't attribute any deeper meaning to the song.

I also sing along to 2112 but I've never lived in a post-apocalyptic world where a guitar is a discovery.

Atheists observe the winter solstice.

In WA, the state capitol has a menorah, Christmas tree and plaque/statement from the atheists all on display. I guess if anyone else wants to come forward with a "holiday" theme, there's room.