If Toronto game not sold out...

gsurdam

If the Toronto game does not sell out, or get close to selling out, Ralph Wilson and the rest of the front office will look pretty stupid. Expanding the fan base my ass. I thought everyone was selling the idea that the Toronto football market would be huge?

Ummmm, Ralph is GUARANTEED $87 Million for the games. Regardless of how well the games sell in actuality. This is more than he gets for complete sellouts by a good margin at The Ralph.

In some ways, you could look as this as a good thing - if they can't sell the games in Toronto but they sellout on Buffalo, maybe they should stay in Buffalo? In any event, this is a done deal for the next 4 years (or is it 5?)

As to the blackout question - yes, I do think the games will be blacked out in Buffalo if there is no sellout but people need to look into this. There is a 90-mile rule I think but this is a different COUNTRY for goodness sake! I doubt Rogers will allow this to happen anyway. He will give the tickets away like he did in the pre-season. That's my prediction anyway.

Ummmm, Ralph is GUARANTEED $87 Million for the games. Regardless of how well the games sell in actuality. This is more than he gets for complete sellouts by a good margin at The Ralph.

In some ways, you could look as this as a good thing - if they can't sell the games in Toronto but they sellout on Buffalo, maybe they should stay in Buffalo? In any event, this is a done deal for the next 4 years (or is it 5?)

As to the blackout question - yes, I do think the games will be blacked out in Buffalo if there is no sellout but people need to look into this. There is a 90-mile rule I think but this is a different COUNTRY for goodness sake! I doubt Rogers will allow this to happen anyway. He will give the tickets away like he did in the pre-season. That's my prediction anyway.

We don't get to see the games here in Toronto when Bills games are blacked out, so the rule stands across international boarders.

The game won't be blacked out under any circumstance. The tickets were "sold" to Rogers when this deal was annoucned. It's up to Rogers to resell those tickets. As far as the NFL is concerned, all Toronto games are considered sold out as they got their money already. At least that's the way I've heard it explained months ago.

I don't think there is a chance of the game being blacked out in Bflo. The "international" games have been carried by NFL Network, but I'm confident that a local channel in those clubs' home towns broadcast the game.

If by some chance the Toronto game was blacked out in WNY, the hue and cry would be deafening...

I don't think there is a chance of the game being blacked out in Bflo. The "international" games have been carried by NFL Network, but I'm confident that a local channel in those clubs' home towns broadcast the game.

If by some chance the Toronto game was blacked out in WNY, the hue and cry would be deafening...

If PTS is right, then there is nothing to worry about. But if the game still needs to be sold out to lift the blackout in Toronto, the same rules would apply to Buffalo. It would be blacked out. The game is carried on CBS.

There really isn't nothing to worry about in any scenario because they will just buy the tickets at the last minute and give them away.

The game has already been reported to be considered a sell out as far as Buffalo is concerned and it makes sense (all the seats are indeed sold). The game will be televised. Not sure about the ramifications in Toronto though...

edit- What PTS said....

If PTS is right, then there is nothing to worry about. But if the game still needs to be sold out to lift the blackout in Toronto, the same rules would apply to Buffalo. It would be blacked out. The game is carried on CBS.

There really isn't nothing to worry about in any scenario because they will just buy the tickets at the last minute and give them away.

Well - this is a new happenstance. The NFL would have to be stupid beyond belief to not issue an exception to their blackout rule if the Toronto game doesn't sell out.

They're not about to go and anger WNY residents, nor football fans across the Niagara Peninsula, nor local tv stations. This game is unique...I wouldn't be surprised if it is picked up by many local stations across the nation - especially those without NFL teams of their own. It should be a good draw...perhaps only because of novelty value - and increased viewership of course translates into station revenue.

Well - this is a new happenstance. The NFL would have to be stupid beyond belief to not issue an exception to their blackout rule if the Toronto game doesn't sell out.

They're not about to go and anger WNY residents, nor football fans across the Niagara Peninsula, nor local tv stations. This game is unique...I wouldn't be surprised if it is picked up by many local stations across the nation - especially those without NFL teams of their own. It should be a good draw...perhaps only because of novelty value - and increased viewership of course translates into station revenue.

Sadly, it's obvious the NFL cares little about WNY, so I'm always expecting the worst.

There you go! They should change NFL to SBB.

from my understanding ...the game is considered a "home" game for Bills..so if they had a blackout for the Toronto game then Buffalo would be the center point of the blackout..meaning, the blackout would be the same as if the game was in Buffalo...so everyone that normaly gets blacked out from a reg home game in Buffalo would still be blacked out from the game in Toronto

but, like said..I highly doubt they black this game out at all...to much hipe surrounding this move to Toronto...my opinion, I think they sell less tickets in toronto every year..and by the last game scheduled, they decide its not worth it any longer.

The game is not going to sell out - as of last week there were 10,000 UNSOLD TICKETS. If they sell out it will not be a "true" sell-out.

Where did you get this number from?

Wouldn't surprise me though. Rogers greed and charging an average of $250 a ticket....he deserves to be embarrassed on an international level.

Doesn't matter if it is a different country. There was a crack down the year after my husband and I sold our bar and they went after some of the Canadian bars. The NFL won. My understanding is that all Buffalo's games are sellouts. As the Toronto is considered a home game for Buffalo it should be included.