Jags waive DT

Buffalo Mike1

Do not know much about Jimmy Kennedy- wonder what Stoud's input is.

Site Web

53°F

Mostly Cloudy » Sign up for mobile

» Subscribe via RSS

» E-mail newsletters

News

Jaguars News

Just In

Around the NFL

Blogs

Wright on Jags Grass Stains Frenette Files Jaguars Journal Schedule

2008 2007 NFL Schedules NFL Scoreboard Roster

Multimedia

Photos Video The Sports Editor Stadium Jobs By the Numbers

Team Stats Standings NFL Leaders NFL Scoreboard Interactive

Message Board Ticket Exchange Monday Morning QB Get into the game Running with Fred Fun and Games

Football Pick'em Jagzilla » Back to Jacksonville.com

Tuesday November 25, 2008 - 6:22 AM

Ultimate Jaguars » News » Just In

Just In

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Grant will combat youth suicideBaker teen who killed dad with crossbow gets 5 years »Jaguars waive guard, defensive lineman

The Jaguars today waived seventh-year veteran guard Milford Brown and fifth-year veteran defensive lineman Jimmy Kennedy.

Brown was originally signed on Sept. 9 and started four of his six games at guard after season-ending injuries to starters Vince Manuwai and Maurice Williams.

Kennedy signed with the Jaguars as an unrestricted free agent on March 5 from Chicago and played in six games this season with eight tackles and one sack.

The Jaguars, who play at Houston next Monday night, now have 51 players on their active roster.

-The

I doubt Stroud knows anything about him. Not positive of the date we traded for Marcus, but it was close to the date the Jags signed Kennedy.

We certainly could use help there, but we're not suffering injuries and a bad teams' castoff isn't likely to be the answer.

Do not know much about Jimmy Kennedy- wonder what Stoud's input is.

Kennedy signed with the Jaguars as an unrestricted free agent on March 5 from Chicago and played in six games this season with eight tackles and one sack.

That's pretty good production to get cut in mid-season. The Bills should take a good look at signing him.

Let's see - Bills DL coach was Kennedy's coach in St Loo. Bills passed on Jimmy in March. If they bring Kennedy in now, means they must really hate McCargo.

Passed on him more than once, in fact, IIRC. Of course, we do already know how they feel about McCargo, who's threatening to take over Victor Allotey's old "Captain Inactive" moniker ...

Passed on him more than once, in fact, IIRC. Of course, we do already know how they feel about McCargo, who's threatening to take over Victor Allotey's old "Captain Inactive" moniker ...

Good ol' Vick. Yet somehow, he made a 7 yr NFL career out of it.

Too bad we didn't have a Indiana U fan boy telling us how stupid Bills were in never putting the late round OL gem in the lineup.

Let's see - Bills DL coach was Kennedy's coach in St Loo. Bills passed on Jimmy in March. If they bring Kennedy in now, means they must really hate McCargo.

they passed on him in the middle of last season because the Bills wnated a one year deal and he wanted more than that. My understanding is the Bills didn't go after him last march beause of that plus the Stroud deal and they thought McCargo was coming around.

... as you put it they must really hate McCargo to bring Kennedy in.... I think it's fair to say that McCargo is gone after the season... his number of inactives would bear that out.

So... what it comes down to if they are considering Kennedy...

1) will he clearly be an upgrade to McCargo, and make a significant contribution?

2) will he come in on the Bills terms?

I'll also put my two cents in on the JAX situation... with the crap that's been goin on down ther lately with Peterson, DelRio moving lockers around and treating adults like kids, now Kennedy, and the sideline a$$ ripping he gave the team on Sunday... if he ain't already lost the team, he's damn close.

they passed on him in the middle of last season because the Bills wnated a one year deal and he wanted more than that. My understanding is the Bills didn't go after him last march beause of that plus the Stroud deal and they thought McCargo was coming around.

... as you put it they must really hate McCargo to bring Kennedy in.... I think it's fair to say that McCargo is gone after the season... his number of inactives would bear that out.

So... what it comes down to if they are considering Kennedy...

1) will he clearly be an upgrade to McCargo, and make a significant contribution?

2) will he come in on the Bills terms?

I'll also put my two cents in on the JAX situation... with the crap that's been goin on down ther lately with Peterson, DelRio moving lockers around and treating adults like kids, now Kennedy, and the sideline a$$ ripping he gave the team on Sunday... if he ain't already lost the team, he's damn close.

Well, if he so much as made the gameday roster, he'd be an improvement over what they're currently getting from McCargo. Whether or not they want to cut someone to bring him in at this point is a different question ...

Since Jimmy Kennedy was a high 1st round DT (12th overall), does signing him somehow affect our draft equity and make us super bowl contenders?

No free agents don't count. But Rams are SB contenders.

Well, if he so much as made the gameday roster, he'd be an improvement over what they're currently getting from McCargo. Whether or not they want to cut someone to bring him in at this point is a different question ...

I would have say that if theres no difference in cutting McCargo now over cutting him in the offseason, then McCargo would be the one that Bills cut to bring in Kennedy....Question is , is he worth bringing in and is he worth being made active...as of right now McCargo is one of the inactives every week...If they activate Kennedy , they'd have to inactivate someone that is active now..I dont think Ive ever said the word active this many times in one paragraph :thumbsup:

If they activate Kennedy , they'd have to inactivate someone that is active now

true... and my guess would be that they prefer to go with 4 DTs instead of 4 DEs So.... I'd suspect Ellis to be inactive because Spencer Johnson is versatile enough to play DE (and has).

Since Jimmy Kennedy was a high 1st round DT (12th overall), does signing him somehow affect our draft equity and make us super bowl contenders?

I think Adam Shefter just answered your question:

In one of the surprising and sobering stats of the year, there are 19 players that have more sacks this season than the entire Chiefs team.

Through 11 games, Kansas City has a mere six sacks – two fewer than former Chief Jared Allen has for Minnesota. The Chiefs are on pace this season to post fewer than nine total sacks, which would be an NFL single-season record low — shattering the mark that the 1982 Baltimore Colts set with 11 in the strike-shortened, nine-game season. In a full 16-game season, the 1981 Colts had 13 sacks.

What makes the Chiefs’ total so startling is that they have invested heavily in their defensive line. Defensive end Tamba Hali was a 2007 first-round pick, defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey was a 2008 first-round pick, defensive tackle Turk McBride was a 2007 second-round pick and defensive tackle Tank Tyler was a 2007 third-round pick.

In seven of Kansas City’s 11 games this season, including Sunday’s loss to Buffalo, its defense has not registered a single sack.