Let's all take a deep breath and relax

Adam

You do realize Coughlin admitted he had to change himself? These type of transformations are a rare occurrence in the NFL.

It takes real commitment to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "The problem with this team is not the players, it's not the scheme, it's not the assistant coaches. The problem is me. The problem is my philosophy and my style. I need to change those."

I didn't say it was easy, but I think DJ does not have as much or as difficult a road to change. He seems to have problems on Sundays, while Coughlin had troubles in the locker room and if I remember correctly his decisions were also questioned on Sundays.

Switzer was handed a team loaded with talent and had already won 2 SB, and the assistant coaching staff to go with it.

Jauron would have taken over the same team, and would have screwed it up.

That viewpoint is awfully cy....oh, I see. :thumbsup:

My point is with better talent we have a better chance to win, regardless of the coach. If the players execute better the coaches will change their approach to the game and vice versa. Like last years MNF Dallas game. If TE doesn't throw a pick, don't you think that affected what Fairchild called for at least a few games?

I'm hoping that the confluence of the players experience and the coaching end up with us being a competitive team for a while. With our luck, we'll get there, then the team will be sold and the new owners will blow it up again.

BTW, this is stale data.

Jauron, Herm, and Norv Turner have the worst W-L ratio among "tenured" coaches, where tenure would be >4 seasons. Nolan was on the verge but got fired already. Crennel is on the verge and rumors are flying that he'll be fired. Most coaches, if they show they can't win after 3-4 years, are fired and never heard from again.

Exactly...

And this is Dead Dick's 2nd chance to show the NFL He can't get the Job done consistantly...I'm sure His Teams in Chicago worked hard too...But they also lost more than they Won so...

And to the OP...I see you bashing Folks who are clearly stating fact about Jauron's BRUTAL record vs. Winning Teams...If for one second You don't believe that is a HUGE factor You're kidding yourself...

Lastly the assumtion that this Team has some kind of massive talent problem is complete hogwash...The Bills have PLENTY of talent...Listen to most people who know a heck of a lot more about Football then I do and they rave about The Bills overall talent level...Granted they are VERY Young...But they have the talent...Look at the 4 Game losing streak closely...They were in all 4 of those Games in the 4th Quarter...They had a one point lead with 2:25 left at Home vs. The Browns...They were only down by 10 at NE and recovered a Fumble in Pats territory early in the 4th Quarter...Ryan Lindell had just missed a 43 Yd. FG then Greer returns the INT for a TD to pull the Bills within 6 with 10 mins left in the 4th Quarter at Home vs. NY...And of coarse the Bills are only down by a single point going into the 4th Quarter at Miami after holding a 16-7 lead early in the 3rd Quarter...A Play here and a Play there in that 4 Game stretch and the Bills easily could have gone 2-2, even 3-1 instead of 0-4...They did not lose those games because they lack talent...They lost those Games because they got out-coached, out smarted, and yes...out-played late in each Game...I feel that is a direct reflection on the HC and his inability to make the right decisions...

But is that really any surprise? 3 of those 4 teams have winning records...Jauron has a history of losing to good Teams...That's Dead Dick...He'll play good Teams close then lose, and he'll usually beat up the weaker teams or the Teams with bad Coaching situations...He is what he is...Less than average... :thumbsup:

Lastly the assumtion that this Team has some kind of massive talent problem is complete hogwash...The Bills have PLENTY of talent...Listen to most people who know a heck of a lot more about Football then I do and they rave about The Bills overall talent level...Granted they are VERY Young...But they have the talent...Look at the 4 Game losing streak closely...They were in all 4 of those Games in the 4th Quarter...They had a one point lead with 2:25 left at Home vs. The Browns...They were only down by 10 at NE and recovered a Fumble in Pats territory early in the 4th Quarter...Ryan Lindell had just missed a 43 Yd. FG then Greer returns the INT for a TD to pull the Bills within 6 with 10 mins left in the 4th Quarter at Home vs. NY...And of coarse the Bills are only down by a single point going into the 4th Quarter at Miami after holding a 16-7 lead early in the 3rd Quarter...A Play here and a Play there in that 4 Game stretch and the Bills easily could have gone 2-2, even 3-1 instead of 0-4...They did not lose those games because they lack talent...They lost those Games because they got out-coached, out smarted, and yes...out-played late in each Game...I feel that is a direct reflection on the HC and his inability to make the right decisions...

But is that really any surprise? 3 of those 4 teams have winning records...Jauron has a history of losing to good Teams...That's Dead Dick...He'll play good Teams close then lose, and he'll usually beat up the weaker teams or the Teams with bad Coaching situations...He is what he is...Less than average... :thumbsup:

The Bills have some decent skill players- Lynch and Jackson are very good, Edwards has the potential to be very good. I like Evans and Reed, Parrish is good for a play every now and then Stroud is a good player, Poz is going to be a pro bowler and our secondary is ok. But when you look at the line of scrimmage, it nullifies everything. If you are soft at the line, you are soft overall. The Bills are cream puffs

The Bills have some decent skill players- Lynch and Jackson are very good, Edwards has the potential to be very good. I like Evans and Reed, Parrish is good for a play every now and then Stroud is a good player, Poz is going to be a pro bowler and our secondary is ok. But when you look at the line of scrimmage, it nullifies everything. If you are soft at the line, you are soft overall. The Bills are cream puffs

Well some of those cream puffs still have talent...For example one cream puff, Derrick Dockery, was considered one of the better OG's in The NFL before He came to Buffalo...Clinton Portis RAVES about how good Doc is...I'll give You the fact that The Bills are hurting at DE...But it's tough to say how much better they may be with a healthy Aaron Schobel...

No question the Bills Play REAL soft at times but again I feel that is a direct reflection on their HC...It's 2 different ways to look at the same problem, but it's My opinion (and I know opinions are like...) that their softness in certain areas is a direct reflection on Dead Dick who, by the way, has final say on all personnel matters anyway...

I truely don't think it would be that hard to find a better HC than Jauron...I'm not sure who that Guy would be, but I know there are Coaches out there that would have this Bills Team, as it is now softness and all, at a minimum of 8-3...And squarely in the middle of any Playoff outlook...

But again that's just My opinion... :thumbsup:

Well some of those cream puffs still have talent...For example one cream puff, Derrick Dockery, was considered one of the better OG's in The NFL before He came to Buffalo...Clinton Portis RAVES about how good Doc is...I'll give You the fact that The Bills are hurting at DE...But it's tough to say how much better they may be with a healthy Aaron Schobel...

No question the Bills Play REAL soft at times but again I feel that is a direct reflection on their HC...It's 2 different ways to look at the same problem, but it's My opinion (and I know opinions are like...) that their softness in certain areas is a direct reflection on Dead Dick who, by the way, has final say on all personnel matters anyway...

I truely don't think it would be that hard to find a better HC than Jauron...I'm not sure who that Guy would be, but I know there are Coaches out there that would have this Bills Team, as it is now softness and all, at a minimum of 8-3...And squarely in the middle of any Playoff outlook...

But again that's just My opinion... :thumbsup:

I like Dockery and Peters...its too bad Butler can't stay healthy. Preston, Fowler and Walker are not worth too much

1) Part of it is scheme. Even if Superman was at DE, he'd have trouble getting sacks when the defense is laying off the receivers and giving them 10 yard cushions -- maybe it should be called king sized feather beds instead of cushions?

2) I don't get it. Almost any coach with a few firing neurons can coach a great team loaded with talent. That's hardly an endorsement of any sort. It doesn't make a great coach. A great coach is a coach that can take a very average group of players and transform them into a crisply executing machine. For example, Jeff Fisher's team ripped off 10 straight wins and most of that with a backup has-been QB. Bill Belichick has the Patriots right back in the hunt for the AFC East with a backup QB that hadn't played a game since high school and many other injuries. On the other hand, you have Norv Turner, with one of the deepest rosters going and he's firing coaches off his staff, having Rivers throw bombs constantly, etc., etc., and losing a lot of close games. "Jauron is an excellent coach that just needs better talent to win," simply rings hollow.

I didn't say it was easy, but I think DJ does not have as much or as difficult a road to change. He seems to have problems on Sundays, while Coughlin had troubles in the locker room and if I remember correctly his decisions were also questioned on Sundays.

The problem is not how much he has to change, the problem is admitting he has to change.

And we are talking about a coach who said it was hard to win a game in the NFL. That statement should have sent a cold shiver down every fans back.

I do not care how true that is, that's an excuse, and not a plan to find a solution.

31 other teams have the same exact problem, and you do not hear them talking about how "hard" it is.

And that is part of the mentality that needs to change. He has to be willing to except blame. Until he can do that, he will never understand he is the root of the problem.

That viewpoint is awfully cy....oh, I see. :thumbdown:

My point is with better talent we have a better chance to win, regardless of the coach. If the players execute better the coaches will change their approach to the game and vice versa. Like last years MNF Dallas game. If TE doesn't throw a pick, don't you think that affected what Fairchild called for at least a few games?

I do not agree with that assessment. Even good players can underachieve with the "right" coaching.

I believe Mr. Jauron has the second-worst win/loss record among active coaches in the league, second only to Herm Edwards (who managed to slither past Jauron by going on a tear of 19 losses out of 20 games).

I suppose I'd be inclined to give Jauron the benefit of the doubt if it weren't for the fact that he's coached over 120 games to earn such a stellar credential.

I'm sure Jauron's a great guy to have over for Thanksgiving dinner, but at what point do we have enough of a sample size to say that his record is a true measure of his actual ability?

Wow.....a perfect post! :thumbdown:

Speaking of Edwards.....how did you like that challenge on the 1/2 yard line? :wallbash: That's right Herm, risk a time out and challenge that play where even if you win the challenge, your opponent has first and goal from 1 or 2 feet away!

Make no mistake, Jauron is bad, but I would actually prefer him to h

Herm Edwards. I only hope that KC doesn't fire him. We need him around when the Chiefs get better, and I don't want Ralph to get any ideas.

The problem is not how much he has to change, the problem is admitting he has to change.

And we are talking about a coach who said it was hard to win a game in the NFL. That statement should have sent a cold shiver down every fans back.

I do not care how true that is, that's an excuse, and not a plan to find a solution.

31 other teams have the same exact problem, and you do not hear them talking about how "hard" it is.

And that is part of the mentality that needs to change. He has to be willing to except blame. Until he can do that, he will never understand he is the root of the problem.

I find it hard to believe that he does not assess his performance during the games on Sunday and attempt to correct problems that occur. Whether it's enough for you or other fans is the point I guess. Really it comes down to if this team is where it needs to be under his direction. So we'll disagree about that, and I'll walk away thinking we can win a SB under Jauron and you will be looking for another coach.

I've never heard another coach talk about how easy it is to win games. Ever. All coaches talk about how difficult it is. Heck, catch some of Joe Paterno's assessments of his opponents. You'd think they're playing an NFL team the way he describes them and how he hopes to beat them. It's part of coach speak.

I do not agree with that assessment. Even good players can underachieve with the "right" coaching.

True, but look at this year. It seems to me like we have enough talent to field a good team. But if we lose a player or two, our play seems to crash. We need to have enough talent on this team so there is very little drop off if a backup plays. Look what the Steelers and Pats* have done this year with their injuries. Is that coaching or talent? You need the talent first, if we have decent backups and Jauron can't overcome a situation, then it's time for him to go. Until then, let's keep moving forward instead of rebuilding again.

How do you compare DJ to MM? Did you forget where we were a few years ago? Why throw the progress away?

How do you compare DJ to MM? Did you forget where we were a few years ago? Why throw the progress away?

Progress? Seriously? I'm no MM Fan but He did go 9-7 with a Roster of inferior talent, especially at the QB Position...So I say in My best Jim Mora voice...Progress???

This Team has enough talent to flourish under a New HC assuming the New HC is not comatose like the current one...There will be candidates out there that will fight for the Bills Job because this Team is ready to Win now...They simply need a HC that can come up with Game Plans and strategies to beat the big boys...In this Division the problem will be if in fact the Bills don't replace Dead Dick with a HC who can out-smart and out-Game-Plan the other three, they risk a few more years of underachieving...It's going to be a tough division the next 3 years...I doubt Ralph is willing to risk it to be honest...But we'll see... :D

I find it hard to believe that he does not assess his performance during the games on Sunday and attempt to correct problems that occur.

Why is that hard to believe? Like I said, it takes nerve to admit you're the f***up. As long is there is an excuse ... er, reason, he feels is beyond his control, he will never properly assess himself.

Whether it's enough for you or other fans is the point I guess. Really it comes down to if this team is where it needs to be under his direction. So we'll disagree about that, and I'll walk away thinking we can win a SB under Jauron and you will be looking for another coach.

Yes, we will disagree. But I am curious.

What makes you believe Jauron is capable of leading this team to the SB?

What evidence are you basing your assessment on that Jauron is a good coach?

I've never heard another coach talk about how easy it is to win games. Ever. All coaches talk about how difficult it is. Heck, catch some of Joe Paterno's assessments of his opponents. You'd think they're playing an NFL team the way he describes them and how he hopes to beat them. It's part of coach speak.

Stuff like that is usually in reference to the other team. The coaches talk about how much better the other team is. That type of talk is done in a different context. Coaches do not want to provide BB material to their upcoming opponent.

The phrase I am talking about was in reference to his own team.

True, but look at this year. It seems to me like we have enough talent to field a good team. But if we lose a player or two, our play seems to crash. We need to have enough talent on this team so there is very little drop off if a backup plays. Look what the Steelers and Pats* have done this year with their injuries. Is that coaching or talent?

That's coaching. And if you want another example, go look at the Ravens. That's with a rookie HC and 15 guys on IR.

You need the talent first, if we have decent backups and Jauron can't overcome a situation, then it's time for him to go. Until then, let's keep moving forward instead of rebuilding again.

As Kokbills said, MM led this team to the only winning season this decade, and with a legitimate shot at the playoffs. He did it with inferior talent when compared to now.

This year, the Bills are in year three of a Jauron rebuild.

He was handed a cupcake schedule, especially in the division (Dolphins were putrid, and were starting their own rebuild. Pats* lost Brady for the year, and Mangini the Halfwit was still coaching the Jets. Essentially putting the division up for grabs)

Meanwhile, the Bills had their magic QB of the future, and were going to get all those players on IR back.

So hows that working out?

We can practically forget about winning the division. A wild card spot is more likely, but even then, the Bills are on the outside looking in.

There is a developing concern the Bills might not even be able to produce at least 9 wins.

And the Jauron supporters are claiming the Bills still do not have enough talent or the right personnel to run his system.

This despite Jauron is the one responsible for the talent the Bills do have, and that he has had three whole off seasons to get the players he needs for his system.

I say enough.

The Falcons are playing better ball than the Bills, and they have a rookie HC, with a rookie QB, and a RB that gets to start for the first time in his career.