McNabb Benched

RLflutie7

I think Donavon McNabb has played his best football this year (until the last 2 games), and I can't figure out why they didn't bench him long before.

He always tried to rush the ball rather than throw it. Now he throws the ball instead of running it and he throws interceptions.

I always thought McNabb was Vince Young before Vince Young became Vince Young.

McNabb was outplayed by three backups when he got hurt earlier in his career and now this. It seems odd timing, but I think the owner has seen enough and so have the fans.

Not knowing about the overtime rules could end McNabb's career and I don't think he'll live it down if he goes to another team. On the pregame shows, they played more video that I had not seen earlier. He said something like "what if the Superbowl ended in a tie?"

That's really someone who doesn't know anything about his job.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Donavon McNabb has played his best football this year (until the last 2 games), and I can't figure out why they didn't bench him long before.

He always tried to rush the ball rather than throw it. Now he throws the ball instead of running it and he throws interceptions.

McNabb was outplayed by three backups when he got hurt earlier in his career and now this. It seems odd timing, but I think the owner has seen enough and so have the fans.

Not knowing about the overtime rules could end McNabb's career and I don't think he'll live it down if he goes to another team. On the pregame shows, they played more video that I had not seen earlier. He said something like "what if the Superbowl ended in a tie?"

If McNabb thought he had another period to play, why would we have run a Hail Mary play to finish OT?

If he's available, I'd exchange a JP for a Donovan ANY day.

If McNabb thought he had another period to play, why would we have run a Hail Mary play to finish OT?

If he's available, I'd exchange a JP for a Donovan ANY day.

that was the point, he didnt realize the game could end in a tie until the hail mary was called

If McNabb doesn't start on Thursday, then he's done in Philly. I think they should still start him as long as they have a chance of making the playoffs, otherwise Reid will piss off the veterans. McNabb is probably done in Philly anyways, since his salary cap number for next year is over $10 million. It's time for Reid to go too.

If McNabb doesn't start on Thursday, then he's done in Philly. I think they should still start him as long as they have a chance of making the playoffs, otherwise Reid will piss off the veterans. McNabb is probably done in Philly anyways, since his salary cap number for next year is over $10 million. It's time for Reid to go too.

Yep, you got it right there. You can look for the problem on the field all you want, but the cancer in Philadelphia is on the sidelines. His playcalling and strategy have always been just atrocious. McNabb's problems this year can be attributed to the team's absolute failure to even attempt running the ball. How can you blame McNabb when he's working in a completely one dimensional offense?

Long before? :o

Nice "ducking for cover" topic after your one of praise for McNabb before he laid the egg against CIN. Have you considered entering politics, RL?

;)

Have you ever even watched McNabb play? Are you aware that he has a 2:1 touchdown to interception ratio for his career? Are you aware that he's only attempted to rush the ball 50 times once in the past 5 seasons. Let me take a guess, you made that comparison because he's black?

Man, I wonder if the Colts will want to trade Manning after a few bad games in a row... Philly is retarded, McNabb is a great QB. He has never had a WR, who stuck around at least, and they have never established the run in Philly. McNabb will take the Vikings the the superbowl next year if it happends.

Link

Long before? :o

Nice "ducking for cover" topic after your one of praise for McNabb before he laid the egg against CIN. Have you considered entering politics, RL?

:wacko:

;)

The long before seemed silly to me too.

If a QB can't go through a slump then Kelly would have been benched more than a couple of times. Reid is a moron for benching him.

Man, I wonder if the Colts will want to trade Manning after a few bad games in a row... Philly is retarded, McNabb is a great QB. He has never had a WR, who stuck around at least, and they have never established the run in Philly. McNabb will take the Vikings the the superbowl next year if it happends.

Have you ever heard of Brian Westbrook? :wacko:

I think your right about McNabb. It's time for a change of scenery for him. There is no way they are going to bring him back at a $10 mil cap hit. He would make an ideal backup for a QB like Edwards, Ryan or Flacco but I'm sure he wants to start so look for him to wind in San Fran, Minny or Detroit.

You've had an axe to grind against Donovan McNabb ever since Rush Limbaugh made his stupid remarks about him and got fired from his ESPN gig.

Are you sure you don't have a personal agenda when it comes to McNabb that we should know about?

The long before seemed silly to me too.

If a QB can't go through a slump then Kelly would have been benched more than a couple of times. Reid is a moron for benching him.

I wouldn't call Reid a moron...PHI has been competitive for several years. Benching an ineffective QB is what should happen. I don't worry about damage to their egos - earning millions of dollars soothe most folks. I think...

True, they got blasted by BAL...but PHI does have a formidable defense - and even the best ones look like crap when facing an onslaught of turnovers.

Looks like the end of the line for McNabb. He's a class act; played for many years and got hit hard countless times.

As long as the NFL has the likes of Kerry Collins, Gus Ferrotte, Kurt Warner, Shaun Hill, and Daunte Culpepper starting at QB, Donovan McNabb will have a job in the NFL. And I think it's deserved.

His career TD/INT ratio is 185:89. His passer rating over the last FOUR years is 93.78. And he has only had a true number one receiver for one season in Philadelphia. Every time you count this guy out, he comes right back.

As long as the NFL has the likes of Kerry Collins, Gus Ferrotte, Kurt Warner, Shaun Hill, and Daunte Culpepper starting at QB, Donovan McNabb will have a job in the NFL. And I think it's deserved.

His career TD/INT ratio is 185:89. His passer rating over the last FOUR years is 93.78. And he has only had a true number one receiver for one season in Philadelphia. Every time you count this guy out, he comes right back.

Why did you include Collins and Warner? Collins has been more than anybody imagined he'd be and Warner is a legitimate MVP candidate.