Just knowledge, not being optimistic

Virgil

When the Dolphins play the Jets, we need the Dolphins to win. If that happens, the Bills are pretty much in control of their own fate. That loss by the Jets would only put them one game up on the Bills. If the Bills were to sweep in the division, every team would have an equal 3-3 record in the division.

Once again, i'm not calling for miracles here and i'm personally taking any wins going forward as a pleasant surprise. Just thought I would drop some knowledge

When the Dolphins play the Jets, we need the Dolphins to win. If that happens, the Bills are pretty much in control of their own fate. That loss by the Jets would only put them one game up on the Bills. If the Bills were to sweep in the division, every team would have an equal 3-3 record in the division.

Once again, i'm not calling for miracles here and i'm personally taking any wins going forward as a pleasant surprise. Just thought I would drop some knowledge

I think we need to start looking at these playoff possibilities and tie breakers because it could get pretty interesting. Or maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up...but there is an interesting scenario brewing with the final weekend matchups...only thing is if we are still in it at that point you would awesome we would have already beaten Miami and NYJ. Nevermind, I'm not talking about it anymore.

There is no question about that. Still, we do have a chance and there are reasons to be optimistic.

UH yeah we have reason to be optimistic. Think of what the team will look like with AS, DW, and JG back. I tell you what We have reasons to be optimistic.

UH yeah we have reason to be optimistic. Think of what the team will look like with AS, DW, and JG back. I tell you what We have reasons to be optimistic.

Yeah...healthy and confident, this is a strong team. Simple facts.

The Colts aren't going away...it is looking like the last 5 weeks of the season will come down to about 5 teams battling for two playoff spots...New England, Miami, Baltimore, Indy and Buffalo. 4 of the final 5 might do it for us, if some of these other teams falter down the stretch (I keep waiting for Miami and Baltimore to implode), but I really think we have to win the rest, and then we still might not make it...gotta believe!

When you look at it broken down, assuming the Bills can, at the very least, win their 4 remaining conference games, things wouldn't be so dire.

Right now, I think this is how the race is playing out:

#1- Tennessee (10-1)

#2- NY Jets (8-3) (Denver/@San Francisco/Buffalo/@Seattle/Miami) (div: 3-1 / conf: 6-3)

#3- Pittsburgh (8-3)

#4- Denver (6-5)

#5- Indianapolis (7-4)(@Clevland/Cincinnati/Detroit/@Jacksonville/Tennessee) (conf:6-2)

#6- Baltimore (7-4) (@Cincinnati/Washinton/Pittsburgh/@Dallas/Jacksonville) (conf: 6-3)

#7- New England (7-4) (Pitt/@Seatte/@Oakland/Arizona/@Buffalo)(div: 3-2 / conf: 5-4)

#8- Miami (6-5) (@St Louis/@Buff (toronto)/San Francisco/@KC/@NY Jets)(div: 2-2 / conf:5-4

#9- Buffalo (6-5) (San Francisco/Miami (toronto)/@NY Jets/@Denver/New England) (div:0-3 conf: 4-4)

Pray for your team to win 4 of 6 not miracles!!! :o

We need to win 4 out of 5, but only a loss to San Fran would be acceptable. I think losing another AFC game would just entirely doom us in terms of tiebreakers.

SF is our most winnable game. We better win that one or we're lucky we win another game.

An if they are all tied in the division they go to common oponents which currently Miami/NE/and Buffalo have the same record then tehy go to strength of records and thats where we lose it!

The Colts aren't going away...it is looking like the last 5 weeks of the season will come down to about 5 teams battling for two playoff spots...New England, Miami, Baltimore, Indy and Buffalo. 4 of the final 5 might do it for us, if some of these other teams falter down the stretch (I keep waiting for Miami and Baltimore to implode), but I really think we have to win the rest, and then we still might not make it...gotta believe!

When you look at it broken down, assuming the Bills can, at the very least, win their 4 remaining conference games, things wouldn't be so dire.

Right now, I think this is how the race is playing out:

#1- Tennessee (10-1)

#2- NY Jets (8-3) (Denver/@San Francisco/Buffalo/@Seattle/Miami) (div: 3-1 / conf: 6-3)

#3- Pittsburgh (8-3)

#4- Denver (6-5)

#5- Indianapolis (7-4)(@Clevland/Cincinnati/Detroit/@Jacksonville/Tennessee) (conf:6-2)

#6- Baltimore (7-4) (@Cincinnati/Washinton/Pittsburgh/@Dallas/Jacksonville) (conf: 6-3)

#7- New England (7-4) (Pitt/@Seatte/@Oakland/Arizona/@Buffalo)(div: 3-2 / conf: 5-4)

#8- Miami (6-5) (@St Louis/@Buff (toronto)/San Francisco/@KC/@NY Jets)(div: 2-2 / conf:5-4

#9- Buffalo (6-5) (San Francisco/Miami (toronto)/@NY Jets/@Denver/New England) (div:0-3 conf: 4-4)

Besides BUF I see Bal falling from grace in the final weeks of the season. Those last 4 for them is just as Hard as the last four for Buffalo. Indy will maintains their wild card spot and the Jets take the east which leaves one spot With Miami having the easiest of NE/MIA/BUF/BAl schedules Which means for Buffalo to have a chance Jauron has to do something he has not done win against 4 winning teams IN A ROW 2 that are playoff teams and 1 thats the AFC Defending Champions and One that is a playoff hopeful like us.

I disagree- Lets say the JETS have the division we would need the JETS to beat MIAMI along with us so if we are tied with miami the advantage goes to us for a better divison record if we won the three remaing beacause we would be 3-3 and Miami would be 2-4 so the only team we would worry about being tied with is NE.

Besides BUF I see Bal falling from grace in the final weeks of the season. Those last 4 for them is just as Hard as the last four for Buffalo. Indy will maintains their wild card spot and the Jets take the east which leaves one spot With Miami having the easiest of NE/MIA/BUF/BAl schedules Which means for Buffalo to have a chance Jauron has to do something he has not done win against 4 winning teams IN A ROW 2 that are playoff teams and 1 thats the AFC Defending Champions and One that is a playoff hopeful like us.

Miami has to play 4 of those games on the road. Not a real easy task for any team.

As for the Bills not having much luck against teams with a winning record...I have to agree with your assessment. Don't get me wrong, I feel we can beat anyone...especially in our own division, but you do make a point.

I disagree- Lets say the JETS have the division we would need the JETS to beat MIAMI along with us so if we are tied with miami the advantage goes to us for a better divison record if we won the three remaing beacause we would be 3-3 and Miami would be 2-4 so the only team we would worry about being tied with is NE.

as well as Indy and Baltimore....

I feel that Miami is the least of our worries at this point. Miami is not good.

But I agree that we have a slim chance of catching those damn Jets.

I think you are right...but now that the media are tripping over themselves to annoint the Jets the best team in the AFC, you can almost bet they will tank the rest of the season!

I say, just win the last five games, and our chances of getting in are pretty good...sad thing is, I really don't think, when the Bills are playing their best, are much worse (maybe even as good as) than the Jets, and certainly the Dolphins. Both of those damn games were winnable...the Pats, not so much. I would love it to come down to week 17, with the Bills having to beat the Pats, to get in. That will be the truest measure of how far this team has to go...