Playoff Chances

Cookiemonster

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please reference the tie scenario thread posted a few weeks ago. Crayonz explained everything in there.

I tried to find the thread, no luck, but its irrelevant. The wildcards go to the teams with the best overall records. The Bills theoretically could finish 11-5. For them not to make the playoffs, two teams, who finished 11-5 or better, would have had to not win their own respective divisions, and hold tiebreakers over the Bills. At 11-5, first tiebreaker is division record if it’s between division opponents, conference record otherwise.

Indy winning tonight does not guarantee that two teams will be 11-5 or better, not win their own divisions, and hold tiebreakers over an 11-5 Buffalo. That is the only way to mathematically rule the Bills out of the playoffs...

An Indy win clearly does not do this. We have a chance win loss or tie.

I tried to find the thread, no luck, but its irrelevant. The wildcards go to the teams with the best overall records. The Bills theoretically could finish 11-5. For them not to make the playoffs, two teams, who finished 11-5 or better, would have had to not win their own respective divisions, and hold tiebreakers over the Bills. At 11-5, first tiebreaker is division record if it’s between division opponents, conference record otherwise.

Indy winning tonight does not guarantee that two teams will be 11-5 or better, not win their own divisions, and hold tiebreakers over an 11-5 Buffalo. That is the only way to mathematically rule the Bills out of the playoffs...

:o

Alright, while I'm 99.99% sure crayonz was just trying to elicit the many responses he, in fact, elicited, the thing that I like (in a good way or bad) is that everything is sort of right in front of us...I know the old cliches go "Focus on one game at a time, you need to win everyone one" but that is literal right now. In fact, on the chance we do win out, they only way that we don't win the division is every other team in the division wins out the rest of their games where they don't play us. Now, I don't know which is more unlikely, but it is even that much more unlikely that both of them happen. So it's simple...win out and the probability is that we will be division champs. Of course, there is that whole issue of winning out.

Since Indy won...we're out of the playoff hunt, right?

Not if they run the table and the Jets lose two , and NE loses 1, Venus and Jupiter align, the Democrats win total control and the north and south pole switch.

Got it?

<_<

Since Indy won...we're out of the playoff hunt, right?

The playoff hunt ended with Cleveland, but we still get to have the Bills drag the hope out of us for another few weeks.

C'mon. You know how this works. You gave up on the playoffs after Cleveland. Now they suck you in a little but you're skeptical. Next week, they win again and a few others lose. With 3 games to go, they have the playoffs in their own hands needing 3 wins and then they proceed to lose 1. With 2 games to go, they need a little help but can still make it. They lose that one. With 1 game to go, they need 8 things to happen to get them into the playoffs. 7 happen and they miss it.

Here's they way that I see it:

We have three home games left and two road ones, we have to win all three home games, including

the home away from home game with the fish. We split the other two at a minimum, the Broncos

look beatable right now, and we owe the Jests one, so this is doable. If we run the table, all the better,

but we definitley get in if we take 4 out of five. If we lose two, it is still possible, although it will be difficult.

Teams need to keep coming back to the pack, just like the NFL likes it.

To those who say, yeah, but were are we going, lets worry about that then.

Only a 5 win streak can guarantee us a spot but here's hoping to 4 is enough at the end. I don't think we win 4 the rest of the way tho. We lost two very winnable games and that hurt us alot!