Trent has found it

mead107

I think trenk has found that it .

You're kidding right? KC's pass rush is worse than our pass rush. They have no dominant DT in the middle who could stop our run without needing a double team and they don't play a 3-4 with multiple look formations.

They also didn't flood the passing lanes like every team did the past few weeks against us.

I'm glad Trent got to get into it today. That can only help us. But I'll wait to see how he does in our next AFC matchup.

C

I'm going to introduce my unscientific theory: Josh Reed was back out there. JR has been had been enjoying the best year of his career before he was hurt. Once he went down, TE seemed to suffer. JR was his security blanket, and when he wasn't there, Trent just wasn't the same guy. I'm sure the increased competition and concussion played a part in it, but Trent just seemed tentative without Josh out there. Heck today he threw his body (and good sense) into it by running for two TDs. The dude thought he was Tim Tebow out there.

Oh yeah, and the Chiefs stink. Wow, those KC fans deserve better.

At least we have something to get excited about. This last month has been brutal.

You're kidding right? KC's pass rush is worse than our pass rush. They have no dominant DT in the middle who could stop our run without needing a double team and they don't play a 3-4 with multiple look formations.

They also didn't flood the passing lanes like every team did the past few weeks against us.

I'm glad Trent got to get into it today. That can only help us. But I'll wait to see how he does in our next AFC matchup.

C

TRENT got IT back . That is what counts .

Anyone who thought that Trent wasn't going to have a stretch of bad games this season must have thought that he wasn't still basically a rookie QB. Every Rookie struggles. If the Giants had done to Eli what many here have been clamoring for with Trent, that is, tossing him out on the street, where would they be now? Certainly not a SB winning team. It takes some time for a QB to really get under control in the NFL and TE is going through that rough patch. We needed this one and we need next week as well. Put us at 7-5 with three games left in the Division and we'll see how things turn out. Cut Trent a little slack. He's still better than the alternative, and better than many of the QBs out there.

Anyone who thought that Trent wasn't going to have a stretch of bad games this season must have thought that he wasn't still basically a rookie QB. Every Rookie struggles. If the Giants had done to Eli what many here have been clamoring for with Trent, that is, tossing him out on the street, where would they be now? Certainly not a SB winning team. It takes some time for a QB to really get under control in the NFL and TE is going through that rough patch. We needed this one and we need next week as well. Put us at 7-5 with three games left in the Division and we'll see how things turn out. Cut Trent a little slack. He's still better than the alternative, and better than many of the QBs out there.

than comparing him to ryan and flacco are valid, and the look waaaaaaaaaay better

Are we really doing this thing again where we rationalize that second and third year players are actually rookies?

I am not complaining about Trent, but gimmie a break. Flacco is a rookie. Ryan is a rookie. Trent isn't. He is what he is - a second year starter. Accept it.

than comparing him to ryan and flacco are valid, and the look waaaaaaaaaay better

Two grammatical errors in one sentence. Three if you don't count the lack of period; four if you include the lack of an initial capital.

Hard to take any analysis seriously in that case.

Nevertheless... please note that Flacco has the advantage of an awesome defense, and can play quite ordinarily and win. Matt Ryan is very good. Will he still look that good in his second season after teams have film? Who knows?

Two grammatical errors in one sentence. Three if you don't count the lack of period; four if you include the lack of an initial capital.

Hard to take any analysis seriously in that case.

Nevertheless... please note that Flacco has the advantage of an awesome defense, and can play quite ordinarily and win. Matt Ryan is very good. Will he still look that good in his second season after teams have film? Who knows?

Michael Turner (another ahole like Gonzalez) is a beast and takes a lot of pressure off Ryan.

The guy has started 18 games. Sorry, but this is basically the second game of his second season. You can say people are rationalizing all you want, but 18 games ain't much. The fact is, you are the same type of folks on this board who change opinions about QBs the same way the winds change direction during a lake effect snow fall. When Trent had this team 5-1 and had a 10-5 record as a starter, nobody had anything bad to say. Now, we lose a few games and he's worse than Joey Harrington. Some folks need to get a grip. As for Matt Ryan and Flacco, the Falcons play in perhaps the second worse division in football and have lost to some ify teams as well. As for Flacco, the Ravens are winning with Defense, the same way they always have. Both Ryan and Flacco have played well so far, but I don't think that either has played exponentially better or worse than TE. Every QB has rough patches. Certainly I can remember when Kelly had stretches of poor play. The key is, whether or not the QB in question comes back from those. Trent seems to. He certainly looked much more confident today. So, before we all jump off the cliff and start crying for a 1st round QB, try to keep some perspective. No one is saying that Trent hasn't made mistakes or played poorly. He has looked pretty bad the last couple of weeks. That being said, my point remains accurate. Screaming for the benching of a very young QB before he has really had time to get all the mistakes and kinks out, is ludicrous. Benching Trent would have been the worst thing that they could have done. When players are starting to struggle, that's when they need to play the most at the QB position. They need to have opportunities to get their confidence back. Yanking the chain on a young QB when they start to struggle is the worst thing you can do for a QB's confidence. Trent will get better and I think we will finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5, but only if the team sticks with the type of gameplan they had today. We didn't get blown out by any of our AFCE opponents and could have won two of those games that we lost. Have a little confidence in Trent. He's good and I think his mistake-prone days for this season are over.

Yes, in the second half, he didn't look scared. But if he is a starting QB in the NFL, he should never look scared. The man can't be afraid to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield and expect to win games. The kid lost us 4 straight. No matter how good he looked today, against the Chiefs no less, he still has a ton to prove

The guy has started 18 games. Sorry, but this is basically the second game of his second season. You can say people are rationalizing all you want, but 18 games ain't much. The fact is, you are the same type of folks on this board who change opinions about QBs the same way the winds change direction during a lake effect snow fall. When Trent had this team 5-1 and had a 10-5 record as a starter, nobody had anything bad to say. Now, we lose a few games and he's worse than Joey Harrington. Some folks need to get a grip. As for Matt Ryan and Flacco, the Falcons play in perhaps the second worse division in football and have lost to some ify teams as well. As for Flacco, the Ravens are winning with Defense, the same way they always have. Both Ryan and Flacco have played well so far, but I don't think that either has played exponentially better or worse than TE. Every QB has rough patches. Certainly I can remember when Kelly had stretches of poor play. The key is, whether or not the QB in question comes back from those. Trent seems to. He certainly looked much more confident today. So, before we all jump off the cliff and start crying for a 1st round QB, try to keep some perspective. No one is saying that Trent hasn't made mistakes or played poorly. He has looked pretty bad the last couple of weeks. That being said, my point remains accurate. Screaming for the benching of a very young QB before he has really had time to get all the mistakes and kinks out, is ludicrous. Benching Trent would have been the worst thing that they could have done. When players are starting to struggle, that's when they need to play the most at the QB position. They need to have opportunities to get their confidence back. Yanking the chain on a young QB when they start to struggle is the worst thing you can do for a QB's confidence. Trent will get better and I think we will finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5, but only if the team sticks with the type of gameplan they had today. We didn't get blown out by any of our AFCE opponents and could have won two of those games that we lost. Have a little confidence in Trent. He's good and I think his mistake-prone days for this season are over.

What?

The Buccaneers are 8-3

The Panthers are 8-3

The Falcons are 7-4

The Saints are 5-5

All pretty good defenses except the Saints. What are you talking about? :rolleyes:

I'm going to introduce my unscientific theory: Josh Reed was back out there. JR has been had been enjoying the best year of his career before he was hurt. Once he went down, TE seemed to suffer. JR was his security blanket, and when he wasn't there, Trent just wasn't the same guy. I'm sure the increased competition and concussion played a part in it, but Trent just seemed tentative without Josh out there. Heck today he threw his body (and good sense) into it by running for two TDs. The dude thought he was Tim Tebow out there.

Oh yeah, and the Chiefs stink. Wow, those KC fans deserve better.

At least we have something to get excited about. This last month has been brutal.

No they don't.