Are we seriously calling for Jaurons head

Pirate Angel

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for all the Jauron bashers - what would you think if Jauron got fired and Bobby April got promoted to HC?

IMO out of:

A) Jauron staying

B) Jauron fired, replaced by April

C) Jauron fired, bring in somebody from the outside

C is the least likely option. I'm not sure whether I prefer A or B. April is an outstanding ST coach, but with no HC experience I don't know if we would be any better off.

Here's the thing. I don't think Jauron is ever going to lead this team to a playoff win, let alone a championship. Given that, I think there needs to be a change made (doesn't need to be mid-year, but shouldn't be put off past the offseason - in other words, I really hope Jauron didn't sign that extension and it's been pulled off the table). There is a risk that the guy brought in is no better than Jauron; in fact he might be a Rich Kotite as opposed to just a Dave Wannstedt. But I think either bringing in someone new or rolling the dice on April has significant potential upside over keeping Jauron. His decision to run the ball three times once we were in "field goal range" is classic Jauron, and it is exactly the type of decision that will get you beaten in a playoff game.

So yeah, take the chance on April at this point. 3 more years of 7-9 is really not what I want to see.

I gotta defend Dick here for a minute. He doesn't suck and he's not a born loser. As a man, by all you see and hear he is a terrific person. He's obviously very intelligent. He is also very loyal to a coaching style that does not appear to be a winning style in the NFL. For that he can be criticized. The Bills braintrust has to be coming to the conclusion that his approach does not produce playoff winning results. Hopefully they make a change before we endure another season of this team being middle of the pack.

What does being a terrific person mean in regards to his head coaching abilities?????? He sucks and is a born loser in the way that Rich Kotite sucked and was a born loser. It has nothing to do with their character, I'm talking strictly about performance as an NFL football head coach.

This thread is ridiculous.

What does being a terrific person mean in regards to his head coaching abilities?????? He sucks and is a born loser in the way that Rich Kotite sucked and was a born loser. It has nothing to do with their character, I'm talking strictly about performance as an NFL football head coach.

This thread is ridiculous.

Stating that Jauron himself believes he is a "born loser" is getting a little personal.

Stating that Jauron himself believes he is a "born loser" is getting a little personal.

I'm sorry, but I have lost all patience with Jauron. You're right, he probably thinks that he's a good head coach, not great, not awful, but somewhere hovering around average which is just fine with him and just where he thinks he should be.

You respond by realizing that in most of the cases you listed, that was their FIRST stint as head coach. Do you really think Jauron has that level of ability? He went from 13-3 to 4-12 in one season. The others went the other way. You should have laid off the paint chips earlier in life. He got the job by being in Chicago and knowing Marv and Ralph. Sorry, he was the wrong guy!

I just thought I'd let everyone see this:

Two nights ago, I was driving home from college, and I thought I would call NFL Radio. I have Sirius, and I have called before to ask about Coach Jauron and what their opinions were of him. I don't honestly believe I can ever get a straight opinion, but I keep trying.

I called and it was Gil Brandt - I asked if Coach Jauron and Trent Edwards were the right coach/QB for the Bills. The answer on Edwards was that he's too young to tell, and on Jauron, Brandt said he doesn't think we can get a better football coach that Dick Jauron.

So, they love him. I got pretty much the same answer from Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan this past offseason.

I don't know if he should be fired, but I have to admit to getting squirmy here. At first, I loved him because we were in most every game. I saw that as a big upgrade from Mularkey, where we seemed to have a propensity to get blown out. So, I see the players fighting hard for DJ, but let's face it: the gametime decisions are simply not good enough. It's one thing to be a players coach, but I'll guarantee you that anyone is a player's coach if they help the player's win.

I don't know if he should be fired, but I have to admit to getting squirmy here. At first, I loved him because we were in most every game. I saw that as a big upgrade from Mularkey, where we seemed to have a propensity to get blown out. So, I see the players fighting hard for DJ, but let's face it: the gametime decisions are simply not good enough. It's one thing to be a players coach, but I'll guarantee you that anyone is a player's coach if they help the player's win.

Keeping the score close isn't a correlation of playing hard. A team can play hard and blow away their opponent. A team can also play hard and be outclassed physically and be blown out.

Keeping the score close is more related to the approach of taking the air out of the football, shortening the game, and playing a prevent defense.

Keeping the score close isn't a correlation of playing hard. A team can play hard and blow away their opponent. A team can also play hard and be outclassed physically and be blown out.

Keeping the score close is more related to the approach of taking the air out of the football, shortening the game, and playing a prevent defense.

A team with great players on the roster can blow away there opponent away.

You must be new here. We here pick apart ALL of Dick's foibles and head sctachers after EACH and EVERY game. I'm not going to waste my time with you if you don't know them by now. The latest of these loser mistakes comes from his classic "play not to lose" book when he decided to lay down (three runs up the gut) for a long 47 yard field goal with a minute left on the clock. This is why he SUCKS, this is what YOU DO NOT GET. His approach is for his team to win at least half of his games because THAT'S the way he coaches. You can pretty much get any team not named the Detroit Lions to a .500 record when you "play not to lose" and hope the other team screws up. C'mon man get with it. Seriously, you need to go to school on Dick Jauron and his ENTIRE record. You do realise that he SUCKED in Chicago BEFORE he ever got to Buffalo don't you? Please, you need to really research this stuff and not rely on the ones with the brain cells still intact. I think even Dick Jauron would admit he was a born loser right about now. :unsure:

You have presented your argument so elequently. How can anyone with half a pulse not be able to win in a place with as much tradition as Buffalo. The place is an absolute draw for top coaches and free agents- a virtual paradise. You should be able to win in such a wonderful place with a bunch of complimentary players like Parrish and Schobel. I mean the personel is better than what the Giants have!

Face it, the Bills are a traditional doormat and if you think you will ever have a better coach than Dick Jauron will come there, you are kidding yourself. The economy is terrible and the owner meddles too much. Jauron is a decent coach but if you think you'll get anything better you are completely delusional

The things I LIKE about Dick Jauron

He gets his players to play hard,tough football,they don't quit either. His players do their best to win for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The things i dislike..

He hired a new offensive coordinator and a new offensive line coach,both are suffering growing pains and inexperience is really hurting the team right now.He fails to help them out because the bills can't run block or pass block very well this year.

Play calling stinks when you constantly call shotgun in clear running situations,they almost never use play action pass.

He isn't preparing his QB with an effective offensive game plan,this might be from the fact that he is from a defensive background as a DC his pre head coaching career.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we as fans really ready to give him the boot because he gave two young people a job and a chance?

I'd say wait until the end of the season to see if he can rectify the situation.

Jauron is a decent coach but if you think you'll get anything better you are completely delusional

You call Dick Jauron is a decent head coach and then have the nerve to call someone else delusional????

:censored:

Please put the crack pipe down and come back to the world of reality.

like Duke Preston like Melvin Fowler to the tune of 19-23. :censored:

It must suck that he has to deal with players that have inferior talent and ability and nobody to replace them with...

Why not just miss my point on the two rookie coaches :thumbdown:

The team played hard on Monday night even though they have a bunch of injuries and made a ton of mistakes and still almost won the game,Its just too bad that Lindell misses a 47 yarder and Phil Dawson makes a 56 yarder :thumbsup:

What exactly is he suppose to say during these interviews, what exactly would you like him to do on the sidelines. Billicheck is about as dull as they come and Andy Reid isnt at all entertaining. Jauron is a defensive minded guy, most of his emphasis is on the defensive side of the ball, our defense has been playing fairly solid considering the talent of the players.Im doubting the fact that hes coaching Duke Preston to go backwards, I dont think Keith Ellison learned to overpersue from Dick. Maybe he should draw Chris Kelsay a map so he can find the other teams backfield. My guess is Rian Lindell choked all by Monday night.

Um, your join date is amazingly coincidental. Isn't that the same day Dickie J was hired?

Are we as fans really ready to give him the boot because he gave two young people a job and a chance?

I don't know about "we," but I sure as hell am...

And it has nothing to do with the New Coordinators...It's because Dead Dick is a proven loser as a HC...He can't beat good Teams...He gets out-coached and out-witted on most Game Days...He loses too many Games when He has a chance to win well into the 4th Quarter...His Teams, for whatever reason, seem to be more injury prone than others...Could it be his preference for speed over size? I don't think the guy has a clue about how you Win consistantly in a Cold Weather City (only one winning Season out of seven in Chicago and Buffalo combined...Could be one in eight when this mess is over)...He's taken this Buffalo Team that was showing obvious progression this Season and managed to get them to regress somehow...His Teams mirror his personality...They show good work effort but are glaringly lacking in emotion in most Games...His Teams look completely unprepared for what Oppenents do to them early in most Games...I can go on, and on, and on...

Did mention He's a loser... :censored:

Face it, the Bills are a traditional doormat and if you think you will ever have a better coach than Dick Jauron will come there, you are kidding yourself.

Agreed, unless the Bills are willing to pay what it costs to hire a top notch coach, which will never happen as long as Ralph is alive.