Are we seriously calling for Jaurons head

Pirate Angel

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you mean wasted. And unless you can breakdown the situations under which EVERY timeout was used on Monday, it's completely unlikely that each one of them was used ERRONEOUSLY, AND as a result of Jauron.

We have no center, our quarterback has no confidence in the WR's with Reed out, and he's losing confidence in the O-line. Eventually professional athletes have to have SOME accountability!

You're being dramatic, season definitely not on the line. And the decision to run was based on the fact that a.) BOTH of our VERY SKILLED running backs were having their best games of the year, and b.) Trent was a total mess.

I agree with this but they could have called for a screen pass or an end around run instead of up the gut again & again.

I agree with this but they could have called for a screen pass or an end around run instead of up the gut again & again.

That naked bootleg from earlier in the year might have worked out of the formation they were in...Cleveland would have never seen it coming.

Surely you mean wasted. And unless you can breakdown the situations under which EVERY timeout was used on Monday, it's completely unlikely that each one of them was used ERRONEOUSLY, AND as a result of Jauron.

We have no center, our quarterback has no confidence in the WR's with Reed out, and he's losing confidence in the O-line. Eventually professional athletes have to have SOME accountability!

You're being dramatic, season definitely not on the line. And the decision to run was based on the fact that a.) BOTH of our VERY SKILLED running backs were having their best games of the year, and b.) Trent was a total mess.

Season not on the line? Try to figure out how we can make the playoffs at this point....

A HC for a Team that was 5-1 and is now 5-5 and has not lost their Starting QB to injury for more than one game is going to come under fire 100% of the time...Ad to the fact this head Coach has a History of losing and a Young team that is regressing during the Season and You wonder why Jauron is under attack? :lol:

Dead Dick served His purpose in the re-building of this Team and his Job is done...He is outwitted on most Sundays...And even when he seems to have answers to what the other Team is doing, for what ever reason, He can't get His Players to execute the Plan properly...

He's just not a very good HC and should have never got the Job in the 1st Place...He was under-qualified when He came in and We are all suffering for it now...A solid HC would have this Team 7-3 at the very least right now...He is ultimately responsible...He's the HC... :lol:

a blitz leaves a player open, when youre palying Favre and Pennington, if you dont get to them they will find them.

With out pressure even a Matt Cassel or Trent Edwards can find their receivers. Even if you don't get to the QB, pressure will cause errant throws even by Favre, Pennington, Brady etc. leading to interceptions.

Who will be available that will be an improvement over Dick, you dont throw out your car unless you have something else that can get you to work. I believe we need leadership on the field a player that can motivate in the huddle, someone every player believe in, A Ray Lewis, a Tedy Bruschi, A Brett Farve, Joey Porter, Those players are few and far between but thats what we need, a player whos puts fear in the opponents someone who stands out, wether a free agent, a trade, or one of our guys step up, we need a pulse on the field.

All the more reason to be looking hard right now for coaching candidates. It's not easy to find a winner.

It's simple. Whether you want to put this on Jauron or not is your call...

5 Wins this year: 9 Takeaways/ 5 Turnovers

5 Losses this year: 3 Takeaways/ 17 Turnovers

Last time I checked the coaches aren't the ones throwing the ball to the other team. It's a young team that will make these types of mistakes. Edwards is still learning and It sucks we have to go through this after such a great start.

Yes, but it is the coaches that put the game plan together. The defensive plan that does not appear to force turnovers (weak pass rush, cover soft). The offensive game plan has been so predictable (run or pass) that other teams know what's coming. That helps the opposition generate turnovers when they can adjust pass rush and coverage to tendencies. This coach does not get the most from his players in terms of production. He might get effort, but production comes from scheme as well.

Who will be available that will be an improvement over Dick, you dont throw out your car unless you have something else that can get you to work. I believe we need leadership on the field a player that can motivate in the huddle, someone every player believe in, A Ray Lewis, a Tedy Bruschi, A Brett Farve, Joey Porter, Those players are few and far between but thats what we need, a player whos puts fear in the opponents someone who stands out, wether a free agent, a trade, or one of our guys step up, we need a pulse on the field.

I can't say who wolud be a good coach. If available, I would love to see Jim Hasslett the Coach of the Bills for one. Look at Atlanta, I did not know this guy at all & he is doing a great job- MUCH better than DJ.

Dick Jauron is a very good defensive coordinator...like Gregg WIlliams. But, as a head coach, I'd like to see someone else...But, since that is unlikely to happen...let's let Fewell go after the season and hire Marvin Lewis as Defensive Coordinator (we all know he'll be canned after the season)

DJ is a good coordinator, lets see that stats to prove that one.

What do we gain by firing yet another head coach? We gain nothing and we continue are downward trend. The Bills are NEVER gonna hire BC and we all know that. The Bills cannot afford to pay a head coach 8 million+ a year and that's what he's gonna command.

Everyone needs to face the facts that we are gonna live and die with our young quarterback until he figures it all out. The last 4 games have proven that he can still be confused easily. Until he regains his confience, nothing is gonna change. The past 4 games have been hand mes. We handed the games over with tournovers, most of which can be laid squarely on the feet of Trent Edwards. That was the risk of playing a young, unproven player with potential. However, the lack of a running game and a defense that never takes the ball away doesn't help either.

Firing the head coach isn't the answer, but on Monday, the coach should have pulled his QB and found out if Losman could win us that game.

Okay well, if you're so concerned with history- how do you respond to this:

om Landry with Cowboys........................9-30-3

Jimmy Johnson with Cowboys...................14-28

Bill Walsh with 49ers...............................16-26

Dick Vermeil with Rams............................17-25

Jeff Fisher with Oilers/Titans.....................17-25

Dick Vermeil with Eagles...........................18-24

Bill Parcells with Patriots...........................19-23

Dick Jauron with Bills..............................19-23

Bill Parcells with Giants.............................19-22-1

Tom Coughlin with Jaguars.......................20-22

Mike Holmgren with Seahawks..................20-22

(thanks Boone)

This thread has obviously been hijacked by the pro-Jauron crowd, a gradually shrinking audience that is content with mediocrity.

Every coach on that board had potential, and eventually met that:

Jimmy Johnson won a SB in his 4th year in the league.

Bill Walsh in his 3rd.

Dick Vermeil went to the SB in his fifth. He took the Rams to the SB in his third in STL.

Jeff Fisher went to the SB in his sixth.

Bill Parcells had already won 2 SB's by the time he started with NE. He won a SB in his fourth with NYG. He went to the SB in his fourth with NE.

Tom Coughlin had four playoff wins in his first five years as a NFL HC.

Mike Holmgren won a SB in his fifth season as a HC.

Tom Landry inherited a brand new franchise in 1960. And it was a far different era back then.

Cherry-picking stats has become the norm around here. Unfortunately, only about a 5-11/6-10 record will influence the Jauroniacs how truly bad and mediocre his entire career has been. And it would take another 2 years of that garbage which Jauron has given this proud franchise to prove it to some of you.

If you think DJ is the man to lead this team to the SB, I want to hear why, not mindless stats which tell me nothing. I want to hear how his gameday decisions on the field are superior. I want to hear why drafting DB's will make this team better. I want to hear how calling runs into the interior OL to set up a lengthy FG is the way to go. I want to hear how he motivates his team. And lastly, I want to know how it's possible that a coach could have a winning percentage of .433 over his entire career of 9 seasons and still not win a playoff game. You'd honestly want to hold onto a coach like that?