Are we seriously calling for Jaurons head

Pirate Angel

What exactly is he suppose to say during these interviews, what exactly would you like him to do on the sidelines. Billicheck is about as dull as they come and Andy Reid isnt at all entertaining. Jauron is a defensive minded guy, most of his emphasis is on the defensive side of the ball, our defense has been playing fairly solid considering the talent of the players.Im doubting the fact that hes coaching Duke Preston to go backwards, I dont think Keith Ellison learned to overpersue from Dick. Maybe he should draw Chris Kelsay a map so he can find the other teams backfield. My guess is Rian Lindell choked all by Monday night.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is he suppose to say during these interviews, what exactly would you like him to do on the sidelines. Billicheck is about as dull as they come and Andy Reid isnt at all entertaining. Jauron is a defensive minded guy, most of his emphasis is on the defensive side of the ball, our defense has been playing fairly solid considering the talent of the players.Im doubting the fact that hes coaching Duke Preston to go backwards, I dont think Keith Ellison learned to overpersue from Dick. Maybe he should draw Chris Kelsay a map so he can find the other teams backfield. My guess is Rian Lindell choked all by Monday night.

He is the HEAD COACH not the D- Coordinator. He is supposed to have his TEAM prepared to WIN the game.

You cannot be serious. This is a HC who's been in the role now more than 120 games in the NFL. Many HC's never get that far because front offices realize they can't get it done. He's 54-68 in those games. How much more evidence do you need to declare this guy as unsuccessful.

According to pro-football-reference.com, only Dom Capers, John McKay, Joe Kuharich, and Norm Van Brocklin have coached as many games with a worse winning percentage.

Being a HC is like being a fighter pilot. Either you're successful, or you're not doing it anymore. For DJ to have survived after the Chicago stint is remarkable.

And one more thing, if DJ is responsible for acquiring players like we all know, then isn't it his fault when a great many of them can't perform? Stop making excuses.

You cannot be serious. This is a HC who's been in the role now more than 120 games in the NFL. Many HC's never get that far because front offices realize they can't get it done. He's 54-68 in those games. How much more evidence do you need to declare this guy as unsuccessful.

According to pro-football-reference.com, only Dom Capers, John McKay, Joe Kuharich, and Norm Van Brocklin have coached as many games with a worse winning percentage.

Being a HC is like being a fighter pilot. Either you're successful, or you're not doing it anymore. For DJ to have survived after the Chicago stint is remarkable.

And one more thing, if DJ is responsible for acquiring players like we all know, then isn't it his fault when a great many of them can't perform? Stop making excuses.

Okay well, if you're so concerned with history- how do you respond to this:

om Landry with Cowboys........................9-30-3

Jimmy Johnson with Cowboys...................14-28

Bill Walsh with 49ers...............................16-26

Dick Vermeil with Rams............................17-25

Jeff Fisher with Oilers/Titans.....................17-25

Dick Vermeil with Eagles...........................18-24

Bill Parcells with Patriots...........................19-23

Dick Jauron with Bills..............................19-23

Bill Parcells with Giants.............................19-22-1

Tom Coughlin with Jaguars.......................20-22

Mike Holmgren with Seahawks..................20-22

(thanks Boone)

He is the HEAD COACH not the D- Coordinator. He is supposed to have his TEAM prepared to WIN the game.

most coaches have a stronger influence on one side of the ball if theyve been on the defensive side there whole career, whether there the head coach or not theyre less likely to but heads with a coordinator that has been on the offensive side his whole career.

In what way does he not have this team prepared?

Yes we are. We hoped that when he was hired we'd be getting the older, wiser and more agressive Jauron compared to his Chicago days. We put some faith in him that he would have done a self assessment after his previous head coaching stint and would change his approach for the better. We assumed he would not repeat his mistake in Chicago in hiring inexperienced coordinators. We assumed that his previous experience would allow him to be a better in-game coach. We assumed that he would have learned that a good QB is more than just a "game manager". We assumed that he would have learned that if you only play to keep the game close, you lose as much as you win. What we're seeing in the same conservative and predictable coach that produces mediocre results. The Bills have turned over a good part of the team on his watch with nothing to show for it other than a .500 record. What evidence is there that staying with this guy will result in playoff victories EVER? I don't see it. Better to get rid of him too early than to hang on too long. This team has good young talent and deserves a coach that can develop that potential and lead these young men to places they have never been rather than to let them only dream about it.

so firing a coach if hes not successful in 3 years is the thing to do? Do we take into consideration the condition of the franchise when he arrived? no QB, no oline, heartless runnigback, aweful defense, best players include Terrance Mcgee and Aaron Schobel.

It's simple. Whether you want to put this on Jauron or not is your call...

5 Wins this year: 9 Takeaways/ 5 Turnovers

5 Losses this year: 3 Takeaways/ 17 Turnovers

Last time I checked the coaches aren't the ones throwing the ball to the other team. It's a young team that will make these types of mistakes. Edwards is still learning and It sucks we have to go through this after such a great start.

so firing a coach if hes not successful in 3 years is the thing to do? Do we take into consideration the condition of the franchise when he arrived? no QB, no oline, heartless runnigback, aweful defense, best players include Terrance Mcgee and Aaron Schobel.

It's no use. If Trent doesn't throw to the receivers wide open down field, it's Jauron's fault for not preparing him. If Trent throws 3 interceptions in the first quarter, it's Jauron's fault for testing him. If a player fumbles the ball, it's Jauron's fault for not letting his professional football team know that turnovers are bad, mmkay. If the same quarterback who crapped his pants in a clutch situation during MNF last year has been crapping his pants all day, and both of your running backs are having their best games of the year, making the decision to RUN the ball into field goal range is totally whimpy and completely un-informed.

most coaches have a stronger influence on one side of the ball if theyve been on the defensive side there whole career, whether there the head coach or not theyre less likely to but heads with a coordinator that has been on the offensive side his whole career.

In what way does he not have this team prepared?

This team has had PENALTIES all season, such as false starts, offsides, etc. that is coaching. They also do not seem to have a good game plan on offense or defense for much of the season. How do you not put pressure on a QB such as Casell & the Pats* & expect to win? How do you not RUN the ball when the RB's are getting good per carry average? The Bills are 5-5 EXPLAIN TO ME how WELL PREPARED THEY WERE.

It is time for the end of the Jauron era. I have tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt from day one....(good guy, paitient, just like Marv, guys like to play for him etc) but monday night showed ALL of his faults. Waisted time outs all over the place, the offense has gone from Excellent to good to adequate to Incredibly predictable to sometimes out and out BAD. We have NO playaction game, and can't run a decent screen play with guys like Lynch, Jackson and Parrish.

The end of the game was a total disgrace. I was sick to my stomach watching Marshawn run into the LOS three times in a row to set up a "chip shot" 47 yarder into the wind after midnight on a 20 degree night at the Ralph! Not only was the game on the line the SEASON was on the line!

This all being said, the problem lies with good OLD Ralph, love the guy for keeping us in Buffalo, but the fact that he won't spend a dime on a real qualified coach is mind boggling and totally disheartening. I love the Bills and will never give up, but this is getting harder and harder everyday.

Lets go Buffalo!

This team has had PENALTIES all season, such as false starts, offsides, etc. that is coaching. They also do not seem to have a good game plan on offense or defense for much of the season. How do you not put pressure on a QB such as Casell & the Pats* & expect to win? How do you not RUN the ball when the RB's are getting good per carry average? The Bills are 5-5 EXPLAIN TO ME how WELL PREPARED THEY WERE.

You are aware who the starting DE's are right?

Yes we are. We hoped that when he was hired we'd be getting the older, wiser and more agressive Jauron compared to his Chicago days. We put some faith in him that he would have done a self assessment after his previous head coaching stint and would change his approach for the better. We assumed he would not repeat his mistake in Chicago in hiring inexperienced coordinators. We assumed that his previous experience would allow him to be a better in-game coach. We assumed that he would have learned that a good QB is more than just a "game manager". We assumed that he would have learned that if you only play to keep the game close, you lose as much as you win. What we're seeing in the same conservative and predictable coach that produces mediocre results. The Bills have turned over a good part of the team on his watch with nothing to show for it other than a .500 record. What evidence is there that staying with this guy will result in playoff victories EVER? I don't see it. Better to get rid of him too early than to hang on too long. This team has good young talent and deserves a coach that can develop that potential and lead these young men to places they have never been rather than to let them only dream about it.

Who will be available that will be an improvement over Dick, you dont throw out your car unless you have something else that can get you to work. I believe we need leadership on the field a player that can motivate in the huddle, someone every player believe in, A Ray Lewis, a Tedy Bruschi, A Brett Farve, Joey Porter, Those players are few and far between but thats what we need, a player whos puts fear in the opponents someone who stands out, wether a free agent, a trade, or one of our guys step up, we need a pulse on the field.

It is time for the end of the Jauron era. I have tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt from day one....(good guy, paitient, just like Marv, guys like to play for him etc) but monday night showed ALL of his faults. Waisted time outs all over the place, the offense has gone from Excellent to good to adequate to Incredibly predictable to sometimes out and out BAD. We have NO playaction game, and can't run a decent screen play with guys like Lynch, Jackson and Parrish.

The end of the game was a total disgrace. I was sick to my stomach watching Marshawn run into the LOS three times in a row to set up a "chip shot" 47 yarder into the wind after midnight on a 20 degree night at the Ralph! Not only was the game on the line the SEASON was on the line!

This all being said, the problem lies with good OLD Ralph, love the guy for keeping us in Buffalo, but the fact that he won't spend a dime on a real qualified coach is mind boggling and totally disheartening. I love the Bills and will never give up, but this is getting harder and harder everyday.

Lets go Buffalo!

a 47 yard field goal is a "chip shot"?

Okay well, if you're so concerned with history- how do you respond to this:

om Landry with Cowboys........................9-30-3

Jimmy Johnson with Cowboys...................14-28

Bill Walsh with 49ers...............................16-26

Dick Vermeil with Rams............................17-25

Jeff Fisher with Oilers/Titans.....................17-25

Dick Vermeil with Eagles...........................18-24

Bill Parcells with Patriots...........................19-23

Dick Jauron with Bills..............................19-23

Bill Parcells with Giants.............................19-22-1

Tom Coughlin with Jaguars.......................20-22

Mike Holmgren with Seahawks..................20-22

(thanks Boone)

That's great and all, until you consider that this isn't the start of Jauron's coaching career. He does have a multi-year history in Chicago that we can look at. Do you think he's suddenly going to become a good game manager? Do you have any confidence that he's a guy who will help the team win a big game? Because I haven't seen anything to justify that confidence.

Waisted time outs all over the place,

Surely you mean wasted. And unless you can breakdown the situations under which EVERY timeout was used on Monday, it's completely unlikely that each one of them was used ERRONEOUSLY, AND as a result of Jauron.

the offense has gone from Excellent to good to adequate to Incredibly predictable to sometimes out and out BAD. We have NO playaction game, and can't run a decent screen play with guys like Lynch, Jackson and Parrish.

We have no center, our quarterback has no confidence in the WR's with Reed out, and he's losing confidence in the O-line. Eventually professional athletes have to have SOME accountability!

You're being dramatic, season definitely not on the line. And the decision to run was based on the fact that a.) BOTH of our VERY SKILLED running backs were having their best games of the year, and b.) Trent was a total mess.

Surely you mean wasted. And unless you can breakdown the situations under which EVERY timeout was used on Monday, it's completely unlikely that each one of them was used ERRONEOUSLY, AND as a result of Jauron.

You might not want to be correcting someone's spelling after misusing the phrase "coming out of the chute" in another thread.

I'm just saying.

In his PC today, Trent indicated that one thing that has been consistent though the losing streak has been defenses showing them things he's never seen them do before. We saw this with Oakland and St. Louis, but were able to overcome the changes because we were simply the better team. The reliance on film for the first two weeks of the season can't be that strong, so that explains the Jax and Seattle games. And against San Diego, we had two weeks to prepare. Could these mystery schemes be the one TRUE needle breaking the camel's back? With as close as our losses have been, any little wrinkle could be the cause for demise. Preparing for the WRONG defenses is a pretty big wrinkle.

Why does it seem to be the case that our opponent's have their schemes and then their scheme for when they play Buffalo? Say what you will about a coach's role in preparing his team, but if there's no film WHATSOEVER on the things opponents are doing, how are they expected to be effective right out of the shoot?