An Objective View of Edwards

StupidNation

Check through the JP Trent threads his stats have been posted.

The Bills average about 4 more points with Edwards and about 30 more yards. In no real world besides this little JP fanclub world is Losman a better QB. Edwards is 25 years old and in his 2nd season. There are gonna be ups and downs. However, he set the bar really high early on and thus, we made him our savior. There are still 6 games left and a lot can happen.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are calling the long balls, he just isn't throwing them. All they can do is call a play with a deep route being the primary route, they can't make him throw it rather then checking down.

He was literally a scared rabbit out there. I am hoping that was just a fluke, a one time only thing we will never see from him again. An NFL QB simply can't play this game scared.

They can and they have to. Turk's job depends on it. If he cannot "make" Trent do it, then it has to be Turk looking for a new job.

Agreed. But Turk needs to get into Trent's face and tell him to grow a pair and throw the damn ball downfield. If getting into his face doesn't work, he needs to get into his head.

If you call a play with a long route as the primary and the WR is open and he doesn't throw it, and he keeps not throwing it, you introduce him to the bench and I don't care if we end up with Freddie playing QB. We are paying Lee Evans 9 million bucks to run windsprints all night while our QB has a nervous breakdown over a couple of picks.

Trent HAS to snap out of it, I think he will.

-On the bring side he has the tools and the mental game to regroup and turn it around. Let's hope that our brilliant coaching staff can help him. He has played pretty well in 3 or 4 games this year when we weren't running the ball and carried the offense.

He will be fine. Remember how bad Favre, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, John Elway (I think I've made my point) were when they first came into the league? Eli wasn't good until last year, now he's quite good. Quit calling for JP and have some patience. Edwards is still better than any QB (aside from Flutie) we've had since Kelly - so everyone simma down now.

You say he has "the mental game" to turn it around - and you are basing this observation on what?

Did you grow up with him, see him overcome obstacles in the past and persevere?

Are you his psychologist?

Seen evidence on the field of a resurgent confidence?

Please explain, because I've seen no such evidence.

Dude, if you can surive all the Los Gatos in Los Gatos, there ain't nothin the NFL can throw at you.

Jp has not been consistant. He also had no consistency around him from either the team or coaching. When he leaves next year you may be right but the odds are just as great you will be wrong. Trent thus far has shown no more consistency than JP. Wait I take that back. In their careers JP has consistently improved while Trent has consistently gotten WORSE.

JP has consistently improved?? That's just rediculous. Trent has played just barely one full season, JP had four years. Granted his coaches were not that great, JP is awful though. You are blinded by the glamour of the backup QB.

He will be fine. Remember how bad Favre, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, John Elway (I think I've made my point) were when they first came into the league? Eli wasn't good until last year, now he's quite good. Quit calling for JP and have some patience. Edwards is still better than any QB (aside from Flutie) we've had since Kelly - so everyone simma down now.

Were any QBs that ended up horrible also horrible when they started like Trent? Or were all the great quarterbacks horrible and all the horrible quarterbacks great?

JP has consistently improved?? That's just rediculous. Trent has played just barely one full season, JP had four years. Granted his coaches were not that great, JP is awful though. You are blinded by the glamour of the backup QB.

Isn't that the reason you like Trent? Because he would be the backup QB on about 29-30 teams.

They can and they have to. Turk's job depends on it. If he cannot "make" Trent do it, then it has to be Turk looking for a new job.

Really, tell me exactly what Turk can do to "make" him throw it? Yell at him? Why would that work if seeing a wide open WR down field isn't enough? Turk calls the plays, the players make the plays. If he calls the right play and it doesn't work because our QB is weak at the knees, you don't blame Turk, you send the QB to the freaking bench until he grows a pair. This is the NFL, if you have to be "made" to throw to an open receiver, you need sign up and audition for the Jills.

I think this game was just an anomaly, a freak and Trent just couldn't process all those mistakes so soon in the game, on Monday night no less, in a big game and so early in his career. So he gets a pass from me but just this once. If he turns tail and runs like that again.....gawd I just hope it never happens. That was simply embarassing. Cowardice under fire. Ugh.

The Bills average about 4 more points with Edwards and about 30 more yards. In no real world besides this little JP fanclub world is Losman a better QB. Edwards is 25 years old and in his 2nd season. There are gonna be ups and downs. However, he set the bar really high early on and thus, we made him our savior. There are still 6 games left and a lot can happen.

YARDS DON'T MATTER. Trent is not responsable for those points. He has thrown for 8 TD's in TEN games.

B-)

What does matter to you? Hair length? How they look with a beard? Seriously, Losman fans are creepy.

The ONLY thing that should matter to Bills fans is POINTS. Score more points than the other team, you win. You can have 500 yards & lose because you only scored 15 points (all field goals).

JP had four years...of what? different head coaches,different offensive coordinators. Out his first year with a broken leg. JP had some really good games and some bad games. That happens to almost every new young QB though. Lets not forget that Eli Manning was getting hammered by critics for his bad play and mental mistakes until the latter part of last year when the proverbial "lights" went on and he started playing great consistently. It took him four FULL years to finally get it!

My take is if JP had started for the NY Giants instead of Eli and had that power running game behind him all this time while he learned to read defenses and garnered 4 solid years of experience, who is to say he wouldn't have developed as well as Eli?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drafted 04,broken leg in training camp and played backup to Bledsoe and only saw brief action in three games.

05,started 11 games in 2005,replaced by Kelly Holcomb for 5 games

06,Losman had a 62.5 completion percentage for the season, a record for Buffalo Bill quarterbacks in a full 16-game season. He was rated the 11th best passer in the NFL, with an 84.9 passer rating.Losman's performance over the last half of the 2006 season was greatly improved. However, the offense as a whole was hurt by a below-average rushing attack that created many 3rd and long situations.

07,played in 8 games

So he really had one season to develop and with a weak running game it just makes it almost impossible for a new QB to play well. Want to blame someone,blame the play calling and lack of ground game.

The Bills will continue to lose games when they force any young QB to carry the team

My take on JP is that he wanted to do the right thing all the time so he would wait until the primary receiver was open,which was a clear mistake,he should have just dumped it off like Edwards does.

I noticed that this last game Trent Edwards looked an awful lot like JP did in his bad games.I think that is a result of the play calling and lack of running game. Schonert has been pass happy and its giving Edwards problems. Also he has been making some simple mental mistakes like not simply throwing the ball away when under duress rather then try and force a pass.

That game Monday may have been the worst QB'd game I've ever seen, which includes Rob Johnson's game vs. Tennessee.... He did not throw one pass near Evans which is unacceptable and no one has asked him or the coaches to justify it.... He had all day to throw and did nothing. Lynch was getting basically laterals and only because of his running do the stats look good. The TD pass was all Lynch. I bet his 10 catches were net behind the LOS.....

I have seldom seen a QB so out of it and you could not blame pressure or scrambling or being out of the pocket..... Heck he could have ran it a few times for some positive yards.

As much as I dislike him, maybe TO could have knocked some sense in him, because he would have been in his face demanding the ball.....

Remember 4 weeks ago eh was "better" then Jim Kelly according to some.

The Raiders and the Jags this year, and Washington last year. Both times he was down, playing ok (not bad or good) and just brought himself and his team to a different level to win. JP would never have passed deep down the middle in the last moment of the game, nor would many QBs. He not only threw it, but threw a strike in crunch time.

The only thing there...is that pass in Washington was meant for Evans but was badly underthrown.....Reed who was out of his route came across and undercut the it.......

Doesn't anyone think it's a little too much of a coincidence that he played with confidence, little fear and GREAT vision of the field ... until he suffered a concussion?

The brain's a funny thing. Although he's been pronounced "ready" to play...he's clearly not quite there yet. And being a young guy he's lost his confidence. And clearly the coaching staff has lost its confidence in him.

When he made that TD Monday night, did you notice how he made a POINT of insisting his blocker take that ball afterwards, in gratitude...like "you did this, not me". Trent has the skills, the work either and the character. It sucks that he's slumping now but I am betting that he'll come out and when he does there will be no looking back.

I just hope it's THIS year! B-)

I just hope it's THIS WEEK! :thumbsup:

Isn't that the reason you like Trent? Because he would be the backup QB on about 29-30 teams.

I like Trent because he's the best QB that we have currently. I'd bet he would be a starter on many teams - Bengals (since Palmer is out), Chiefs...ok maybe I've only got two right now. Ha!

The Raiders and the Jags this year, and Washington last year. Both times he was down, playing ok (not bad or good) and just brought himself and his team to a different level to win. JP would never have passed deep down the middle in the last moment of the game, nor would many QBs. He not only threw it, but threw a strike in crunch time.

Remember this game ?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...00611190htx.htm