Trent needs to see a "head" Dr.-fast!

atl-fan

In talking with a clinical pshycologist who watched last night's debacle, he observed in Trent:

-lack of decision making ability

-inability to coordinate physical reactions with mental commands ( horrendous decisions on throws when he could decide)

- complete lack of confidence

-inability to process information quickly, if at all.

All of this in retrospect of his performance before the hit, and just the fact of the hit and the portions of the brain that were bruised .

He thinks that TE is playing through obvious post concussive trauma syndrome. He's not only jeopardizing this team's performance and his image, but he's one good hit away from a permanaent trip to la-la land, and I don't mean when the Bills get sold and sent to LA.

TE needs to be benched for the season. He has had a serious injury that despite the San Diego game, these things don't happen in a linear fashion, he has NOT recovered from and his mental condition is getting progressively worse.

That much is painfully obvious over the last 4 weeks.

He is putting his permanent mental health at risk.

Bench him now for God's sake!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In talking with a clinical pshycologist who watched last night's debacle, he observed in Trent:

-inability to coordinate physical reactions with mental commands ( horrendous decisions on throws when he could decide)

All of this in retrospect of his performance before the hit, and just the fact of the hit and the portions of the brain that were bruised .

He thinks that TE is playing through obvious post concussive trauma syndrome. He's not only jeopardizing this team's performance and his image, but he's one good hit away from a permanaent trip to la-la land, and I don't mean when the Bills get sold and sent to LA.

TE needs to be benched for the season. He has had a serious injury that despite the San Diego game, these things don't happen in a linear fashion, he has NOT recovered from and his mental condition is getting progressively worse.

What I have been saying over and over. I am in the medical profession...and though I am not a neurologist I have worked with them and with concussed people for 20 years. It is OBVIOUS.....and there is medical malpractice going on in the Bills organization.

EXACTLY...good point about these things not occurring in a linear fashion. People who bring up the San Diego game as an argument against him being concussed are very ignorant--and thats being kind.

Can your buddy write me a scrip?

What I have been saying over and over. I am in the medical profession...and though I am not a neurologist I have worked with them and with concussed people for 20 years. It is OBVIOUS.....and there is medical malpractice going on in the Bills organization.

What a shame to watch him regress like this, last year's comparisons are invalid, he was a rookie, etc. etc. This year , until the hit, he showed poise, command and decison making abilities that were not relevant to the team level he was playing against. Medical malpractice...if they don't sit this kid down and fast, he won't have a clue as to what those two words even mean. I hope for his sake he seeks medical help and opinion outside the Bills organization.

He was always injury prone in College, any concussions then? You only get a few of those shots before there is permanent damage. They do accumulate.

That would imply that the Bills' management and 53 players are Evil, Inc. and they are not.

Edwards shows up and practices. Don't you think that the coaches, the 53 players, all with varying experiences having seen team mates with residual effects of a bell rung, would speak up?

The Bills are in the playoff hunt. Even for just the money angle, there would be players that would notice a dizzy TE and speak up. Most all players have genuine concern, are decent folk who watch out for a teammate's well-being.

Unless one thinks he just goes batty in games, and not on the practice field. And that would be a different malady, concussion related or not.

It's wrong here to make unfounded inference - little snips here and there can get a ball running, can ruin a man's career, be it football or other.

Please be more circumspect.

That would imply that the Bills' management and 53 players are Evil, Inc. and they are not.

Edwards shows up and practices. Don't you think that the coaches, the 53 players, all with varying experiences having seen team mates with residual effects of a bell rung, would speak up?

The Bills are in the playoff hunt. Even for just the money angle, there would be players that would notice a dizzy TE and speak up. Most all players have genuine concern, are decent folk who watch out for a teammate's well-being.

Unless one thinks he just goes batty in games, and not on the practice field. And that would be a different malady, concussion related or not.

It's wrong here to make unfounded inference - little snips here and there can get a ball running, can ruin a man's career, be it football or other.

That's the scary part, that noone is speaking up to sit the guy down! Even if he had had no concussion a few weeks previously, certainly not an unfounded inference, he should have been pulled in that game with his third interception in 6 passes!

He doesn't have the coordination , concentration, or confidence that he showed in the first 4 games, at this point in time. Non performance and a continually degrading performance, no unfounded inferance there either, should park him on the bench . But throw in the fact that he has had a serious concussion, keeping him playing while he degrades before our eyes is a shame.

It's not about going "batty" or being "dizzy" but it's the subtle differances in a person's abilities that indicate damage. I think his differences are a bit more than subtle at this point.

I don't think think keeping him in there until he starts drooling in the huddle is better for him so his career isn't jeopardized; by putting him back in too soon, it already is.

It's not about going "batty" or being "dizzy" but it's the subtle differances in a person's abilities that indicate damage. I think his differences are a bit more than subtle at this point.

Most of this board suffers from post-concussion syndrome, then...

It could explain why his his play has gone rapidly downhill. Prior to the injury he was able to make split-second decisions and perform at a very high level. Maybe there is some residual of that hit affecting his game play. He could be fine in ordinary life activities but not in the fast-paced world of playing as a professional quarterback.

That's the scary part, that noone is speaking up to sit the guy down! Even if he had had no concussion a few weeks previously, certainly not an unfounded inference, he should have been pulled in that game with his third interception in 6 passes!

He doesn't have the coordination , concentration, or confidence that he showed in the first 4 games, at this point in time. Non performance and a continually degrading performance, no unfounded inferance there either, should park him on the bench . But throw in the fact that he has had a serious concussion, keeping him playing while he degrades before our eyes is a shame.

I don't think think keeping him in there until he starts drooling in the huddle is better for him so his career isn't jeopardized; by putting him back in too soon, it already is.

Is it not possible that he has the equivalent to a golfers/tennis players 'yips'? That there is no physical problem as you are saying but in fact a mental one where the pressure/stress/fear is affecting how he sees the field of play?

Is it not possible that he has the equivalent to a golfers/tennis players 'yips'? That there is no physical problem as you are saying but in fact a mental one where the pressure/stress/fear is affecting how he sees the field of play?

yeah, that could be another reason...

EXACTLY...good point about these things not occurring in a linear fashion. People who bring up the San Diego game as an argument against him being concussed are very ignorant--and thats being kind.

Hold on a second ...... just because a lay person doesn't understand the "non-linearity" of the injury they shouldn't be held up to ridicule. We are all here for an education ..... sometimes about football, sometimes about other things. The healing process being a linear thing does seem to make sense on a purely logical level, if that's not the case then when someone presented TE's performance during the SD game as proof he was OK, all of you self described Dr. Welbys needed to educate us.

A retired NHL player with a history of concussions was recently asked how post concussion syndrome affected him. He replied that the effects are often not linear and that the symptoms often remain dormant until the brain is under unusual amounts of stress. After sufficent healing time, this player thought he was ok now, only to find out that once the heavy stress starts back up the post concussion symtoms start back up.

Although playing quarterback is always somewhat stressfull, naturally there is a helluva lot more stress

on a qb's brain when his team is in a major slump, divisional games, and especially must win games etc.

I think this explains how Trent could look good against San Diego, but in the four more stressful games since then he looks progressively worse.

Also, since no one wants to think they have a downright scarey life altering mental condition...its human nature to go into denial. By the same token, the other players and coaches could be in denial of Trent's condition as well.

That implies nothing of the sort. Most people in the organization are just doing their own jobs. None of them wants to speak up and try to pretend to be a medical professional. The decisions in the organization re: this situation are made by a very very small group of people. Have you actually seen what has been going on out there on the field?? -Post consussion doesn't mean staggering drunk motions. It means slow reactions and slight cognitive problems

which show up especially in a position like QB where cognition is the whole game.

No way did Edwards just fall apart like this out of nowhere.

Hold on a second ...... just because a lay person doesn't understand the "non-linearity" of the injury they shouldn't be held up to ridicule. We are all here for an education ..... sometimes about football, sometimes about other things. The healing process being a linear thing does seem to make sense on a purely logical level, if that's not the case then when someone presented TE's performance during the SD game as proof he was OK, all of you self described Dr. Welbys needed to educate us.

Saying that people who 'declare' TE concussion free based on his SD performance are 'very ignorant' is not ridiculing them.

They are just very ignorant. -Those who want to understand why the healing process is not a linear thing ...that is just a show of intellectual curiosity: Which is admirable.

I'm not a concussion expert but I work with the experts...and have a 'good' knowledge of concussions.

I'll try to get into why its not linear at some point when I have the energy.

This is absolutely right! Few people (and certainly not the media fools at the Buff News). He has not been the same after the 'Zona game. The rookie mistakes he was being blamed for are are things he worked thru or passed before the hit. On top of that, the coaches have already showed that they will put in an injured player when they shouldn't. McGee should not have started on his recovering knee against the Fins, yet he did start, and the foolish coaches kept him in even after they could see he'd be torched. Jauron hung him out to dry and and he's doing the same to Edwards.

This is the most important thread I've ever seen on TSW.

Edwards has shown the potential to be brilliant. I would like to see the organization acknowledge what's going on by ordering further tests and evaluations of Trent. For his own well-being and for his future career he may need sit until there are answers. He has already cost us crucial games that effectively end our playoff hopes, let's not allow him to cost himself a career by getting whacked again too soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Saying that people who 'declare' TE concussion free based on his SD performance are 'very ignorant' is not ridiculing them.

They are just very ignorant. -Those who want to understand why the healing process is not a linear thing ...that is just a show of intellectual curiosity: Which is admirable.

I'm not a concussion expert but I work with the experts...and have a 'good' knowledge of concussions.

I'll try to get into why its not linear at some point when I have the energy.

Listen up:

I said there are plenty of experienced eyes on Edwards. I don't think those eyes are malevolent.

I'm aware about this post-concussion syndrome that folks have raised.

And I cautioned against unfounded inference. About speculating about a person's mental state, about how intimation can balloon into character assassination. Somebody reads this site, this thread. Somebody else starts spreading words that Edwards is a mental case, and that crap grows, grows, gets picked up here and there until it shows up in the chuntering national press as assumed truth.