Can someone answer for me something about Evans

Like A Mofo

I know.I know.....Edwards missed him open on that 1 replay that E$PN showed...but let's be real here: is Evans a prototypical #1 WR or is Lee more of a good #2 WR with top 'home run threat' potential??

Me thinks the latter might be more of the true statement.

#1 WR's do not go AWOL ANYWHERE NEAR as much as Evans does...and some of those WR"s also have bad talent around him.

He was double covered/open most of the game. He cant call his own number or thrown himself the ball...

I have been saying this for quite awhile now LEE EVANS IS NOT A #1 receiver your number one receiver makes catches, is the goto guy, is a playmaker, can change the game. Being doubed team means nothing he is nothung more than #2 guy deep threat only. HE WAS NOT WORTH THE 9mil especially in dink and dunk offense with a guy who doesnt have a deep ball arm.

I have been saying this for quite awhile now LEE EVANS IS NOT A #1 receiver your number one receiver makes catches, is the goto guy, is a playmaker, can change the game. Being doubed team means nothing he is nothung more than #2 guy deep threat only. HE WAS NOT WORTH THE 9mil especially in dink and dunk offense with a guy who doesnt have a deep ball arm.

No offense to your opinion, but he was averaging 27ypc not all that long ago. Trent Edwards 7.4ypa is higher then anything Losman ever did . Contrary to belief. The majority of Evans catches don't all come 40-80 yards down the field. He's never gonna be that physicaly dominating #1. Hes by far our best wr. He's worth 9 mil to this team. The bills were not gonna get anyone better. They were not gonna trade for Roy Williams or go out and get Boldin, and they should not be drafting wr's again. He would've received just as much on the open market for a wr needy team. He was on pace for about 1300+ yards. Like any wr he needs to have help. Ala Boldin/Fitz Owens/Williams Harrison/Wayne Burress/Toomer Moss/Welker Cotchery/Coles etc etc etc.

Evans has the best stats of any Bills receiver in Bills History over the first 4 years of their career.

Now... some questions for you...

Andre Reed was argueable the best Bill receiver. Without a QB such as Kelly... would he have put up those numbers and would you have questioned whether or not Reed was a number one receiver?

I Evans was catching passes from Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, or Brett Favre, would you ask that same question?

Lastly... what is your litmus test for a number one receiver? What must Lee Evans do to meet your qualifications as a number one wr?

It is not Lee's fault that he plays for a team that has a POS coach, OC, and QB.

Evans is a great guy to have on the team. Good hands, smart, runs good routes, leadership, etc. -- I'm glad we have him and not someone else.

That said, I don't think he can be a #1 guy. I think a #1 guy has to be about 6'0" or taller (preferably at least 6'2"). Just flip back through the Bills rosters since 1970 and you'll see names like Haven Moses, Jerry Butler, Bobby Chandler, J.D. Hill, Ahmad Rashad, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Frank Lewis, and others -- all 6'0" or taller. That's just a fact. Your #1 guy has to have a least a little bit of height. In fact, your #2 guy should probably be tall, too. I don't see a lot of advantages in having someone short at the WR position, be it your #1 guy, your #2 guy, or even a #3 guy. Of course, you've got your exceptions -- playmakers like Don Bebee, Lou Piccone, Roscoe Parrish, but these are the exceptions and these are also never going to be #1-type wideouts.

Evans is a great guy to have on the team. Good hands, smart, runs good routes, leadership, etc. -- I'm glad we have him and not someone else.

That said, I don't think he can be a #1 guy. I think a #1 guy has to be about 6'0" or taller (preferably at least 6'2"). Just flip back through the Bills rosters since 1970 and you'll see names like Haven Moses, Jerry Butler, Bobby Chandler, J.D. Hill, Ahmad Rashad, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Frank Lewis, and others -- all 6'0" or taller. That's just a fact. Your #1 guy has to have a least a little bit of height. In fact, your #2 guy should probably be tall, too. I don't see a lot of advantages in having someone short at the WR position, be it your #1 guy or your #2 guy. Of course, you've got your exceptions -- playmakers like Don Bebee, Lou Piccone, Roscoe Parrish, but these are the exceptions and these are also never going to be #1-type WR.

yeah that steve smith, santana moss, Laveranues Coles, greg jennings, sure all suck :wallbash:

I know.I know.....Edwards missed him open on that 1 replay that E$PN showed...but let's be real here: is Evans a prototypical #1 WR or is Lee more of a good #2 WR with top 'home run threat' potential??

Me thinks the latter might be more of the true statement.

#1 WR's do not go AWOL ANYWHERE NEAR as much as Evans does...and some of those WR"s also have bad talent around him.

I disagree, Lee Evens or any WR will only be as good a the QB Throwing to him. I won't blame at the receiver if the QB won't even throw his way.

yeah that steve smith, santana moss, Laveranues Coles, greg jennings, sure all suck :wallbash:

No, they don't suck -- they are Lee Evans type of players -- good to have on the team, but they are still the exceptions. Look at the #1 wideouts across all 32 teams and you'll find these types of guys are the exception and not the rule. A taller guy just makes a bigger target for your QB and is someone who can go just a little bit higher to make a catch on a high ball that might otherwise fall incomplete or be intercepted or may be the only guy who can reach the ball.

That said, I don't think he can be a #1 guy. I think a #1 guy has to be about 6'0" or taller (preferably at least 6'2"). Just flip back through the Bills rosters since 1970 and you'll see names like Haven Moses, Jerry Butler, Bobby Chandler, J.D. Hill, Ahmad Rashad, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Frank Lewis, and others -- all 6'0" or taller. That's just a fact. Your #1 guy has to have a least a little bit of height. In fact, your #2 guy should probably be tall, too. I don't see a lot of advantages in having someone short at the WR position, be it your #1 guy, your #2 guy, or even a #3 guy. Of course, you've got your exceptions -- playmakers like Don Bebee, Lou Piccone, Roscoe Parrish, but these are the exceptions and these are also never going to be #1-type wideouts.

IS STEVE SMITH 6 FEET TALL? WOULD YOU CONSIDER HIM A #1 RECEIVER.

No, they don't suck -- they are Lee Evans type of players -- good to have on the team, but they are still the exceptions. Look at the #1 wideouts across all 32 teams and you'll find these types of guys are the exception and not the rule.

And Lee can't be an exception as well? The man is on pace for over 1100 yards on the season. He only has 3 TDs but we are just allergic to throwing into the end zone so he can't be blamed for that.

He was a malcontent and a cancer for awhile .

If he learns to keep his big mouth shut he could be a good player for this team.

IS STEVE SMITH 6 FEET TALL? WOULD YOU CONSIDER HIM A #1 RECEIVER.

Like I said, there will always be exceptions and Lee Evans probably is such an exception just like Steve Smith is, but a taller guy just makes a bigger target for your QB. No, of course height alone is not enough -- a guy HAS to have talent, but to combine talent AND height should be the goal when selecting wideouts in the draft. Height is very important. It may not be everything, but to say height is unimportant for a WR is foolishness.

According to CBS sports, he is currently ranked 12th which puts him in the upper half of number one receivers. Given his QB's, he's legit enough.

Keyshawn was a possession guy, Chris Carter only caught touchdowns. 3 catches is enough if one of them is a 50 yd. TD.

And Lee can't be an exception as well? The man is on pace for over 1100 yards on the season. He only has 3 TDs but we are just allergic to throwing into the end zone so he can't be blamed for that.

He needs some help. The Bills needs a CONSISTENT threat to line up opposite Evans. You need at least two go-to guys to have a consistently successful passing game. Evans' height is not the problem with the passing game. The problem many-fold -- coaching, line, playcalling, inconsistent QB, etc. Evans has been fairly consistent -- points for Evans. Like I said, I like this guy a lot. He needs some help. Would the Super Bowl Bills teams be so successful with just Reed or just Lofton? No. They needed both of those guys. That's what this team needs -- two stars at the wideout position. That would do more for Evans' numbers than anything!

He was open quite a bit last night and Edwards just couldn't find him.

What bothers me is if he was open,

1) why didn't Jauron or Schonert get him to throw the ball to him. It's almost like the coaches and players don't communicate.

2) why didn't Evans tell him to look for him

My two theories are either he was not allowed to throw long because of the weather (sounds stupid, but the long ball wasn't working for either QB with any considtency last night) or Edwards is still having effects of his concussion, and the fog hasn't lifted that far yet. His throwing motion does not look like pre-concussion. Even his dump-offs weren't as crisp.