Can someone answer for me something about Evans

Like A Mofo

Why does everybody keep blaming Lee or even the guys opposite him? Face it: we don't have a QB capable of consistently getting the ball to the open guy. Stop making excuses for Trent! One week some blame the O-line if they have a breakdown or two or the lack of running game but yesterday he had NO EXCUSES! He had run support, great blocking allowing him ALL day to scan the field and OPEN targets down the field. He simply got hesistant and refused to pull the trigger or make a mistake so he reverted back to the Trent I hated last year: MR DUMPOFF! In the first 6 games at least he would attempt to make quick decisions and attempt all the throws; now he looks lost, pats the ball, and just play it safe.

If you put Manning, Brady, McNabb, etc on this team with the same WR corp, same TE's, same RB's, same O-line they would flourish and pass for at LEAST 3500 yards and 25 TD's!

When the ball is in the air, evans has an outstanding ability to adjust to it and always seems to come down with it. Nobody here questions his skills, but doesnt it feel like something is missing about him? I will suggest he does not always run sharp routes at full speed, does not seem to understand the situation and defenses and get open. He and edwards are not on the same page. Compare him to Eric Moulds, who just seemed to make it easy for his quarterbacks. Like the rest of the players on the team,(losman was the worst) his body english is not that of someone with his head in the game.

I know.I know.....Edwards missed him open on that 1 replay that E$PN showed...but let's be real here: is Evans a prototypical #1 WR or is Lee more of a good #2 WR with top 'home run threat' potential??

Me thinks the latter might be more of the true statement.

#1 WR's do not go AWOL ANYWHERE NEAR as much as Evans does...and some of those WR"s also have bad talent around him.

I believe so because he's the same size as Torry Holt.

Lee Evans is a number one wideout, he's not plaxico, owens, or a moss - but I have no doubt that he's a number one. He's never had a proven QB like these other standouts have had, I think he still has an upside, and we haven't begun to see what he's capable of. Besides, Chris Berman talks him up like he's the biggest secret of the NFL, "since 2000 lee has scored 6 times on td passes that were 70 yards or more, more than any wideout playing the game today, and he's only been in the league since 2004."

I know.I know.....Edwards missed him open on that 1 replay that E$PN showed...but let's be real here: is Evans a prototypical #1 WR or is Lee more of a good #2 WR with top 'home run threat' potential??

Me thinks the latter might be more of the true statement.

#1 WR's do not go AWOL ANYWHERE NEAR as much as Evans does...and some of those WR"s also have bad talent around him.

It should be painfully obvious that the combination of this head coach and this QB does not lead to throwing the ball down the field to anyone. Evans would be a star on many teams.

It should be painfully obvious that the combination of this head coach and this QB does not lead to throwing the ball down the field to anyone. Evans would be a star on many teams.

To take advantage of Evans talents the Bills need a QB that is able to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

I have been saying this for quite awhile now LEE EVANS IS NOT A #1 receiver your number one receiver makes catches, is the goto guy, is a playmaker, can change the game. Being doubed team means nothing he is nothung more than #2 guy deep threat only. HE WAS NOT WORTH THE 9mil especially in dink and dunk offense with a guy who doesnt have a deep ball arm.

What do you want Evans to do, run back to Edwards and wrestle the ball out of his hand? Every play?

This has nothing to do with Evans and everything to do with Edwards. This thread is nonsense.

No, they don't suck -- they are Lee Evans type of players -- good to have on the team, but they are still the exceptions. Look at the #1 wideouts across all 32 teams and you'll find these types of guys are the exception and not the rule. A taller guy just makes a bigger target for your QB and is someone who can go just a little bit higher to make a catch on a high ball that might otherwise fall incomplete or be intercepted or may be the only guy who can reach the ball.

Steve Largent was 5' 11". He was OK. He was white. Talk about an exception ... Guess he must suck.

The point isn't whether they are exceptions. The point is whether they get the job done when given a chance. They do. Like Evans.