Saved by Zero

buckeyemike

For the first time in years today, I heard "Saved by Zero" by The Fixx on Sirius 80s on 8.

Like many of you, I decry the fact that an overused and overblown advertising campaign has taken a perfectly good song and completely rammed it into the ground. Unlike "This is Our Country", which is a horrible song to begin with and deserves to be shot and put out of its misery.

Thoughts? I'm boycotting Toyota, but then again, I just bought a Dodge, so they're not getting my business anyway. :thumbsup:

For the first time in years today, I heard "Saved by Zero" by The Fixx on Sirius 80s on 8.

Like many of you, I decry the fact that an overused and overblown advertising campaign has taken a perfectly good song and completely rammed it into the ground. Unlike "This is Our Country", which is a horrible song to begin with and deserves to be shot and put out of its misery.

Thoughts? I'm boycotting Toyota, but then again, I just bought a Dodge, so they're not getting my business anyway. :lol:

Can I buy a vowel please? :thumbsup:

Correct, it is brilliant marketing

Repetitive messages work. Advertising is a successful, multi-billion dollar industry. Ads work. We all have this or that jingle programmed into our brains.

I remain amazed at these self-serving idiots that deny that violent shows and vid games have no effect. Despite hundreds of studies to the contrary by credible folks and organizations and medical folks. Most education absorbed by the young is emulating whatever adults choose to put forth to them.

What's hard to understand? His hometown team beat Dick's boys on a national stage last night, so he's here to gloat.

That's what I'm getting anyway.

Nope. I am not here to gloat. That was a painful loss.

I'm starting to get real down on the NFL these days. I'm watching much more college football now.

Repetitive messages work. Advertising is a successful, multi-billion dollar industry. Ads work. We all have this or that jingle programmed into our brains.

I remain amazed at these self-serving idiots that deny that violent shows and vid games have no effect. Despite hundreds of studies to the contrary by credible folks and organizations and medical folks. Most education absorbed by the young is emulating whatever adults choose to put forth to them.

True. I can't count the number of turtles I jumped on and mushrooms I ate when I was a kid.

I can count the number of school murders, mass shootings in a school, when I was a kid.

What changed?

Parental involvement for one.

How did kids learn to play cops and robbers and cowboys and indians before video games? How often did you see kids with realistic toy guns in the 50's through 80's compared to now? I suppose Roy Rodgers had no affect on kids because the bad guy never actually bled. I played with cap guns as a kid, which feels a lot more realistic then and animated one.

Not saying it doesn't have some affect on kids, but there is a hell of a lot more behind it then just entertainment media.

I can count the number of school murders, mass shootings in a school, when I was a kid.

What changed?

Before I even made it to my first Kindergarten class, there was a school shooting in my hometown. It was the first one at a high school (not a college). It was December 30th 1974, during Christmas break, so it was more of a sniper/Charles Whitman type deal. Here's a time-line of school shootings.