Growing Pains

Chilly

Growing pains are bearable when you see progress through the pain. When you can pinpoint the exact spots that have shown signs of improvement week to week. But when you see constant regression, the same mistakes and lack of a commitment to scoring points, then it is not growing pains, it is a growing pain in the ass.

Blame Lindell? Are you f-ing kidding me. What person in his right mind would blame a kicker for missing a 47-yd westward kick in mid-November in friggin Orchard Park, NY?

By the same token, how in the world does someone still have a job for feeling good about resting the game on a kicker for making a 47-yd westward kick in mid-November in friggin Orchard Park, NY?

It is not that difficult. If it's your second fall as a coach in WNY, you damn well know that any FG longer than 35 yards is not a gimme - especially when it's 56 seconds to go and you still have a friggin time out left?

Growing pains? Growing pains?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing pains are bearable when you see progress through the pain. When you can pinpoint the exact spots that have shown signs of improvement week to week. But when you see constant regression, the same mistakes and lack of a commitment to scoring points, then it is not growing pains, it is a growing pain in the ass.

Blame Lindell? Are you f-ing kidding me. What person in his right mind would blame a kicker for missing a 47-yd westward kick in mid-November in friggin Orchard Park, NY?

By the same token, how in the world does someone still have a job for feeling good about resting the game on a kicker for making a 47-yd westward kick in mid-November in friggin Orchard Park, NY?

It is not that difficult. If it's your second fall as a coach in WNY, you damn well know that any FG longer than 35 yards is not a gimme - especially when it's 56 seconds to go and you still have a friggin time out left?

Um, 4 turnovers and the team was still in it till the end. How the hell is that NOT an improvement over the past few years?

But the Browns just kicked a 56 yarder. :thumbsup:

Forgiving a Chernobyl-esque meltdown of historic proportions =! a realistic look at the team either.

Really? Barely losing a game when your qb sh-- the bed and had 3 turnovers is a "Chernobyl-esque meltdown fo historic proportions"? Thanks for proving my point.

Um, 4 turnovers and the team was still in it till the end. How the hell is that NOT an improvement over the past few years?

I think Bluefire, that the point is that if the coaching is irreparable.......or the QB is irreparable......then the 'growing pains' are no longer 'growing pains' but are in fact 'back to the drawing board pains'.

I think Bluefire, that the point is that if the coaching is irreparable.......or the QB is irreparable......then the 'growing pains' are no longer 'growing pains' but are in fact 'back to the drawing board pains'.

And neither one is true, so good point.

Really? Barely losing a game when your qb sh-- the bed and had 3 turnovers is a "Chernobyl-esque meltdown fo historic proportions"? Thanks for proving my point.

Well, I WAS talking about losing three in dvision in a row, and following it up with a national TV embarrassment at home, but whatever.

And neither one is true, so good point.

You sound very certain(which it is not possible to be).

TE may never get out of his malaise......and honestly, I have been right behind DJ till what I saw at the end of tonights game. I'm starting to think that perhaps he won't be the answer. If either of these things happen it's back to the drawing board for at least 2 more years.

Because only really, really bad teams turn it over 4 times in a game. The ONLY reason they were still in it is that they luckewd out by facing Quinn & Bryalon. I can guarantee that against an NFL caliber opponent, the score is 21-0 before the first quarter is out.

BTW, did I mention that really, really, really, really bad teams turn the ball over at least 3 times per game for four games in a row? Did that even happen during Greggo's or Mularkey's tenure?

So you like quitters? The city of Buffalo was made for you.

I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre but watch how he plays after throwing three picks.

Yeah, quitters lose the turnover battle -4 and still only lose on a missed FG attempt. :lol:

:thumbsup:

Yeah, a QB who has started less than 2 seasons has a bad game, the team still is in the game till the end, and it's an "embarrassment". :unsure:

Great point.

Because only really, really bad teams turn it over 4 times in a game. The ONLY reason they were still in it is that they luckewd out by facing Quinn & Bryalon. I can guarantee that against an NFL caliber opponent, the score is 21-0 before the first quarter is out.

BTW, did I mention that really, really, really, really bad teams turn the ball over at least 3 times per game for four games in a row? Did that even happen during Greggo's or Mularkey's tenure?

It seems like this is the first time you've ever seen a QB in the NFL with film on him. They usually get bad around this point, once defenses figure out what they are good at.

HTH,

Blue

O noe. The QB made some bad decisions and the team still lost. THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD SHOW IMPROVEMENT IN A LOSS.

One game != improvement, especially when that game came against an alleged inferior opponent.