Early look at the Draft

dubj04

Just wondering if you could fill all three in the draft who would you take and in what order?

How do you not see that we need a center and an above average guard? LB is definitely a need but we have to go line now, if we spend more time with low drafted linemen and neglect the line again, we will be in trouble like we are now.

How do you not see that we need a center and an above average guard? LB is definitely a need but we have to go line now, if we spend more time with low drafted linemen and neglect the line again, we will be in trouble like we are now.

Fix the center position and the rest of the O-line will fall into place. Since the Bills don't have the luxury of drafting/signing tons of players, I'd just add center to the above list at this time.

If I was GM, I'd do the following in the 2009 draft:

1) DE (or OL if no round 1-worthy DE was available)

2) C

3) OG

4) OG

5 - 7) depth and special teams players

In addition, I'd re-sign Angelo Crowell to take care of the need at OLB. I'd also re-sign either McGee or Greer to prevent this team from drafting yet another CB in the first round.

If I was GM, I'd do the following in the 2009 draft:

1) DE (or OL if no round 1-worthy DE was available)

2) C

3) OG

4) OG

5 - 7) depth and special teams players

In addition, I'd re-sign Angelo Crowell to take care of the need at OLB. I'd also re-sign either McGee or Greer to prevent this team from drafting yet another CB in the first round.

The above fails to address the DT position, at which the Bills are painfully weak. Stroud isn't young, and the rest of them are simply not that good.

If you get a chance, take a look at Terrence Cody from Alabama. He is an absolute monster. The guy is so big that he does have a chance to be a Mike Williams type of bust, but imo he also has the potential to be as good as Leon Lett, Kris Jenkins, or anybody else.

If the Bills could line up a guy like this next to Stroud, even Kelsay might be able to get a sack or 2. Or, they could make him a nose tackle and build a 3/4 around him.

Again, he would be a risk because of his weight, but if the Bills make a mistake, I would rather that they make it in an attempt to make the team stronger up front.

PS: I have no idea if he will come out as a junior (he was a junior college transfer) or high high he will go if he does.

You will have no trouble spotting him

Primary needs of the Bills are,

1. Center-all three teams in the division play the 3-4 and have very good nose tackles.

I would prefer Alex Mack at this point, although Jonathan Luigs will be another decent option.

It's 5 and a half months away, but it would be criminal not to draft linemen with their first two picks. Both lines need an infusion of talent.

The above fails to address the DT position, at which the Bills are painfully weak. Stroud isn't young, and the rest of them are simply not that good.

If you get a chance, take a look at Terrence Cody from Alabama. He is an absolute monster. The guy is so big that he does have a chance to be a Mike Williams type of bust, but imo he also has the potential to be as good as Leon Lett, Kris Jenkins, or anybody else.

If the Bills could line up a guy like this next to Stroud, even Kelsay might be able to get a sack or 2. Or, they could make him a nose tackle and build a 3/4 around him.

Again, he would be a risk because of his weight, but if the Bills make a mistake, I would rather that they make it in an attempt to make the team stronger up front.

PS: I have no idea if he will come out as a junior (he was a junior college transfer) or high high he will go if he does.

You will have no trouble spotting him

After seeing the video, I can see why you'd want a guy like that on the team. The Bills aren't a draft away from filling all their needs, and as you point out one of those needs is at DT. If Cody is the highest rated player on their board when it's time for them to pick, I'd have no problem with them taking him. Doing so would probably mean waiting a year to address the need at DE, but I can live with that. Under this scenario our drafts would be as follows:

1. Cody, DT

2. C

3. OG

4. OG

5 - 7 - depth/special teams players

Re-sign Crowell. Also re-sign either Greer or McGee (or both).

1. DE

2. TE

3. Either RT or DL (depends)

4 - 7 depth/special teams players