I know nothing about women

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a situation where I am great friends with this girl (not the abused girl I know- different girl), but she lives with a guy who is a great guy and my friend. She is the greatest girl I have ever met in my life and we hang out all the time. She comes over to my place a few times a week and we probably spend 20+ hours together a week. We are big fans of one another. Well her sister really likes me too and my friend has been trying to set me up with her sister. I love my friend and if I hook up with her sister that will blow any chance ever of hooking up with my friend down the road. Her sister constantly calls and texts me and is always saying "we should hang out". I don't know how to play this

So you want to hook up with your guy friend's girlfriend, and you are avoiding the sister because you fear it will screw up the chances of you banging your guy friend's girlfriend. Sorry dude, but banging your buddy's girl or x-girl is off limits. The only man law loop hole would be KD's solution listed below.

Sounds like you have an outside shot at a 3-some with sisters!! :wallbash:

So you want to hook up with your guy friend's girlfriend, and you are avoiding the sister because you fear it will screw up the chances of you banging your guy friend's girlfriend. Sorry dude, but banging your buddy's girl or x-girl is off limits. The only man law loop hole would be KD's solution listed below.

I guess you didn't bother to read the entire thread.

I skimmed. Did he end up in the right kind of threesome (female friend & sister :devil: ), or the wrong kind, sword fight (female friend & male boyfriend :lol: )...

:wallbash: Still up (so to speak) for discussion.

Like anyone, I want to know now . . . Just don't want to make an a$$ of myself.

Are you planning on "sitting on the fence" the rest of your life? If you really are such good friends, you will find a way to talk about it. Her saying what a good time she had at lunch was a perfect lead in to "what are you doing for dinner?"

Just be cool, be yourself. If it is right it will happen! Worst case she just stays a friend... would that be bad?

Gotta believe in yourself!

Does the When met Sally rule apply to women as well. In the movie, Billy Crystal (harry) states that no man can be friends with a woman cuz the sex thing gets in the way . . . Do women think like this about men, too? Or can they really try to establish friendships with members of the opposite sex? No attraction, no wanting to further the relationship . . .

Obviously, I'm getting mixed signals and need some outside help . . . Y'all gave good advice to Poojer a few months back, so I thought I'd ask.

Similiar thing happened to me a long time ago. She was a cousin of my ex-girlfriend - better looking than the ex.

A year after the breakup I ran into the cousin - we started seeing each other as friends - movies, dinner, xmas parties, company picnics, the whole nine yards. She was always talking about some guy she was dating (not really dating, the guy was just banging her). She knew I wanted more, but it never happened, she just didn't see me in that light.

The thing that pissed me off was that in front of other people, she acted like we were a couple, but alone, it was a different story. I had enough and just stopped calling her. That my advice to you, stop calling her, if she interested, she will let you know. If not, you saved yourself a lot of trouble.

BTW - nobody is out of anybody's league. I'm a pretty average looking guy, married an ex-model - so ya never know. :wallbash:

There is this girl who lives accross the hall from me at school and shes like seriously awesome, shes hot and everyone likes her just like the perfect girl and she confides alot of stuff in me and always says things that im like a brother to her which sucks becuase quite frankly i dont wanna be the brother. She always complains about how she cant find a decent guy and the whole time im just thinking, im right next to you.

Girls suck

There is this girl who lives accross the hall from me at school and shes like seriously awesome, shes hot and everyone likes her just like the perfect girl and she confides alot of stuff in me and always says things that im like a brother to her which sucks becuase quite frankly i dont wanna be the brother. She always complains about how she cant find a decent guy and the whole time im just thinking, im right next to you.

Girls suck

Before we dated, my wife told me "you're like a brother to me." Hence the mixed signals. Don't let it discourage you and jump on that ASAP.

Then again, my wife doesn't have a brother (or sister). But like I told grunt, ask her out and get it over with instead of stringing yourself along/letting her string YOU along.

Before we dated, my wife told me "you're like a brother to me." Hence the mixed signals. Don't let it discourage you and jump on that ASAP.

Then again, my wife doesn't have a brother (or sister). But like I told grunt, ask her out and get it over with instead of stringing yourself along/letting her string YOU along.

She has 3 brothers and a sister so its a little different maybe. im only 20 so im not gonna claim to be an expert or anything but ive been trying to make a move im always worried shes gonna like take it the wrong way and its gonna mess up everything. I just got out of a relationship a month ago so im a little ansy still

She has 3 brothers and a sister so its a little different maybe. im only 20 so im not gonna claim to be an expert or anything but ive been trying to make a move im always worried shes gonna like take it the wrong way and its gonna mess up everything. I just got out of a relationship a month ago so im a little ansy still

Do the sister. :unsure:

Mess what up? Her using you (assuming that's what she's doing and not inviting an advance from you with the "Why can't I find a decent guy" line)?

Mess what up? Her using you (assuming that's what she's doing and not inviting an advance from you with the "Why can't I find a decent guy" line)?

I can just see her flipping out. She has done that with a few guys since ive known her (told them shes not interested and then avoiding them for a few weeks) so its kinda a worry and at least now im like in her life and can hang out with her. Plus she hooked up with one of my friends tonight so i had to watch the bills lose and my girl hook up with someone else. in short this is a sh------- month

EDIT: Think im just gonna try to avoid this for a couple days luckily i wont be here this weekend so i wont have to endure this again.

Good idea?

I can just see her flipping out. She has done that with a few guys since ive known her (told them shes not interested and then avoiding them for a few weeks) so its kinda a worry and at least now im like in her life and can hang out with her. Plus she hooked up with one of my friends tonight so i had to watch the bills lose and my girl hook up with someone else. in short this is a sh------- month

EDIT: Think im just gonna try to avoid this for a couple days luckily i wont be here this weekend so i wont have to endure this again.

Good idea?

On second thought, forget her. She doesn't sound worth your time and she's not into you, if she'd knowingly hook-up with one of your friends.

My advice would be to keep your distance and stop letting her jerk you around. Be cold even. If she truly likes you, she'll come crawling back.

On second thought, forget her. She doesn't sound worth your time and she's not into you, if she'd knowingly hook-up with one of your friends.

My advice would be to keep your distance and stop letting her jerk you around. Be cold even. If she truly likes you, she'll come crawling back.

Sadly i know shes not into me which sucks. I dont think she knows how i feel and i know my firends dont know so i cant really blame them whatever it just sucks i really thought i had it this time. It will be tough for me to be cold to her but im not going over there to help her out with anything and !@#$ giving her advice about anything. Ok rant over ill keep you updated tho i appreciate the advice

This is the single smartest comentary on men and women's ability (or lack there of) to have plotonic friends.

Seriously.

EDIT: Language -- might not be safe for work. But it's hilarious!

It is the funniest commentary on the situation...that I will give you. But, it is this very bit that taught me just how great of a comic Rock really is. Typically, when I find a comedian's premise wrong/stupid/counterintuitive, etc, I really don't find them funny. But, while I disagree with almost every word of this Rock rant, I always laugh myself silly listening to it. Brilliant.

OK, back from a trip to Philly . . . Good stuff guys . . . Nice to know this little band of brothers can rally around a bro in turmoil.

And the Chris Rock thing was SPOT ON!

Well? What have you decided to do?