Interesting Event yesterday...

SD Jarhead

Hey Grunt, you never did answer the only pertinent question in this thread. If it was 2000 or 2004 and she was a Gore or Kerry supporter would you still be defending her right to free speech, or would you be bashing the hell out of another "Wacked-Out Fuggin Liberal?"

C'Mon, you can be honest with us...

Actually Semen, I think I was clear on that point. Yes, I might think the person a wacked out liberal, but I also would respect that persons right to do so. Kind of like the Code Pinko's in Bezerkley. I think they're wackos but understand that they have to right to be, well wackos, so long as they don't break the law. Same with those on the right.

I'm being honest with you Semen, really!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly (blue is very inportant)!... Also:

I am not a shrink but, stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... :lol::lol: IMO, It is all about control. When they are serving they feel like they are in control... Even if they almost 100% of the time being controlled by their superiors. Then when they get out into civilian world, they feel the need to control others... Some may feel quite helpless, then they fall back on the last bastion of control: They fought for our freedom.

I find the control angle quite pathetic. From this story, that need to control others while in the civilan world seems to not know the difference between current or past rank. Hopefully, most that served don't fall into this control trap.

WTF? Setting out to get the lady to turn the flag right side up? <_<:w00t:

I will surely get flamed for this.

That is not true for the majority of people who serve but I definitely think it explains a couple of the people I've met. The vast majority of former military people I'm friends with are completely normal after discharge and are richer for the experience, in most cases. You're contempt for the military is no better than the people in the military having contempt for the "libtards". :lol:

Wow, there's a shocker. Exiled in Idiotville and NozzleNUT in synch. Whodathunkit?

While we're on the subject of control- does your supervisor know you're on the interweb and not manning the weedwacker like you're supposed to be? I'm sure there's some lock that needs painting while you're at it. Snap to boy!

I guess it's just the educated elite you have a problem with and your brand of elitism is perfectly fine. If you have a degree I apologize and will say you're an elitist in the conservative form of the word. :wallbash:

I am not a shrink but, stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... :lol::wallbash: IMO, It is all about control. When they are serving they feel like they are in control... Even if they almost 100% of the time being controlled by their superiors. Then when they get out into civilian world, they feel the need to control others... Some may feel quite helpless, then they fall back on the last bastion of control: They fought for our freedom.

I find the control angle quite pathetic. From this story, that need to control others while in the civilan world seems to not know the difference between current or past rank. Hopefully, most that served don't fall into this control trap.

I support the troops!! But they're nuts, and I hate them because blah blah blah, and I should have my assed kicked in by the nearest Vet I see.

<EII and his left wing retard brotthers>

Yes, the Mens department. <_<

I'm sure you've heard this one before...

A Marine is in the head when a Sailor walks up the urinal next to him.

The Marine finishes his business and promptly and neatly washes his hands.

As the Marine is drying his hands off, the Sailor finishes his business and walks for the door

The Marine comments "The Corps taught us to wash our hands when we're done"

The Sailor responds "The Navy taught us not to pee on hour hands"

:w00t:

I am not a shrink but, stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... :lol::wallbash: IMO, It is all about control. When they are serving they feel like they are in control... Even if they almost 100% of the time being controlled by their superiors. Then when they get out into civilian world, they feel the need to control others... Some may feel quite helpless, then they fall back on the last bastion of control: They fought for our freedom.

I don't think I'll flame you, since you evidently put some thought in to it.

But it is one of the stupidest theories I've ever heard.

That is not true for the majority of people who serve but I definitely think it explains a couple of the people I've met. The vast majority of former military people I'm friends with are completely normal after discharge and are richer for the experience, in most cases. You're contempt for the military is no better than the people in the military having contempt for the "libtards". :lol:

I guess it's just the educated elite you have a problem with and your brand of elitism is perfectly fine. If you have a degree I apologize and will say you're an elitist in the conservative form of the word. :lol:

Sorry... I tried to convey what you said... And true, my contempt is bad... Sorry... Probably comes form my father (which I understand should be no excuse)... There is no way that my dissenting opinions should be interpreted as meaning any disrespect to anyone... I truly value everything our soldiers do.

:lol::lol:

I don't think I'll flame you, since you evidently put some thought in to it.

But it is one of the stupidest theories I've ever heard.

It may be stupid... But, some people are really simple... Why on God's green earth would you go up to someone's house, knock on the door and tell them their flag is upside down? I would think they know. I would think it was to "set them straight." It would be like me driving the bridge to work, getting out of my car and telling a boater to slow down and stop making a wake because they are in a no wake zone. :lol::lol: Now, if they come through the area that I control, I would advise them. Nobody is going to "set someone" straight on how they fly a flag.

And I don't hate the military... I may not be in the uniform services, but there is a ton of benefit all missions serve!

I support the troops!! But they're nuts, and I hate them because blah blah blah, and I should have my assed kicked in by the nearest Vet I see.

<EII and his left wing retard brotthers>

See "control." One way or another, people will grab for it.

Who's zoomin' who?

That is just not true. Maybe I should have my ass kicked in, it will not change me... Maybe make my will stronger? See the problem?

One may get their jollies off by beating me to a pulp, six inches from dead... Maybe even dead... It may be beneficial for someone's "control issues", but that is about it.

Remember, Americas was born rebelling against control and tyranny.

It's so creepy.

Exactly... I would call the police to get them off my property if they started hassling me and didn't want to leave.. I wouldn't provoke, I would say: "Please leave, now." And if they didn't... Actually, if they wanted to beat me to a pulp... I would give them what they want and have them do it right there on my own friggan land. Then again, I wouldn't be flying the flag upside down... I respect the flag... But, I also respect other's right to even disrespect the flag.

Some really think they are the flag police... And misguidely rightly so, it is the symbol they are trained around... And just as I would, they are trained to fight for that symbol in battle never letting it touch the ground. That training is very much needed, but in there lies other problems.

Sorry... Gotta go... Pa is calling me to my chores... It is 31 degrees... I have to make sure the diesel fuel in our compressors remains warm... :lol: I don't want to be accused of taking an hour break! :lol::lol:

It may be stupid... But, some people are really simple... Why on God's green earth would you go up to someone's house, knock on the door and tell them their flag is upside down? I would think they know. I would think it was to "set them straight." It would be like me driving the bridge to work, getting out of my car and telling a boater to slow down and stop making a wake because they are in a no wake zone. :lol::lol: Now, if they come through the area that I control, I would advise them. Nobody is going to "set someone" straight on how they fly a flag.

And I don't hate the military... I may not be in the uniform services, but there is a ton of benefit all missions serve!

To anyone in the military, or who has served in the military, an upside down American Flag is a signal that the inhabitants of the structure flying the flag are in extreme distress. In the past, flying the flag in that manner has been used to signal hostage situations, quarantine, etc.

For a member of the military, a veteran, or a law enforcement official, the correct response to a sighting of an upside down American Flag should be to investigate and see what type of aid is desperately needed by the person or persons flying that flag.

Flying the American Flag upside down because one disagrees with the results of a recent election, or doesn't like the direction the country is headed in (according to the flag raiser) is, as the grunt's friend correctly noted, highly inappropriate but unfortunately, again as the grunt correctly noted, it does fall under the heading of free speech.

I notice a house that has the flag hung upside down and do a double take. I show Lee, who is a retired Marine LtCol and he stops the truck and says let's go talk to them and fix it.

Are you f'ing kidding me?

You pair of authoritarian !@#$s actually went unannounced and uninvited on to the private property of some poor woman you didn't even know and banged on her door so you could question her patriotism and rearrange her display more to you and your komrade's liking?

Seig Heil my jackbooted uberfuhrers!

Only through intimidation and re-education can we compel compliance to the state!!!

Are you f'ing kidding me?

You pair of authoritarian !@#$s actually went unannounced and uninvited on to the private property of some poor woman you didn't even know and banged on her door so you could question her patriotism and rearrange her display more to you and your komrade's liking?

Seig Heil my jackbooted uberfuhrers!

Only through intimidation and re-education can we compel compliance to the state!!!

Simon, if you only knew how much I hate defending the Grunt's actions but in this case he was right.

First read the post above yours.

Them look at this site

The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.

Simon, if you only knew how much I hate defending the Grunt's actions but in this case he was right.

First read the post above yours.

Them look at this site

So they thought some woman had been taken hostage, had somehow managed to free herself just long enough to run outside and put her flag upside down before being recaptured by California secessionist militants, and our heroes were right because they were just riding to her rescue?

And it would also be acceptable for them to drive around at night and go harass anybody who didn't have their flag spotlighted properly?

Or it's OK if they come pounding on the door if it's snowing and your flag is still outside?

And you have no problem with them coming on to your property to inform you that your flag is being displayed at too low an angle?

Spare me that horseshlt; you're nearly as ridiculous as they are.

So they thought some woman had been taken hostage, had somehow managed to free herself just long enough to run outside and put her flag upside down before being recaptured by California secessionist militants, and our heroes were right because they were just riding to her rescue?

And it would also be acceptable for them to drive around at night and go harass anybody who didn't have their flag spotlighted properly?

Or it's OK if they come pounding on the door if it's snowing and your flag is still outside?

And you have no problem with them coming on to your property to inform you that your flag is being displayed at too low an angle?

Spare me that horseshlt; you're nearly as ridiculous as they are.

Anyone who goes to the trouble of erecting a flagpole on their property can be expected to know the rules for display of the American Flag so yes if I see an upside down flag I assume that it is a distress signal.

And yes I respond to a distress signal when I see one.

And in answer to the rest of the BS in your post, just bite me. I stated very clearly my views in the post I directed you to. If your reading comprehension isn't up to the task of deciphering that post I suggest you go get a second hand copy of "Hooked on Phonics."

To anyone in the military, or who has served in the military, an upside down American Flag is a signal that the inhabitants of the structure flying the flag are in extreme distress. In the past, flying the flag in that manner has been used to signal hostage situations, quarantine, etc.

For a member of the military, a veteran, or a law enforcement official, the correct response to a sighting of an upside down American Flag should be to investigate and see what type of aid is desperately needed by the person or persons flying that flag.

Flying the American Flag upside down because one disagrees with the results of a recent election, or doesn't like the direction the country is headed in (according to the flag raiser) is, as the grunt's friend correctly noted, highly inappropriate but unfortunately, again as the grunt correctly noted, it does fall under the heading of free speech.

Thanks... I agree... But, that is not what I get from his first post...

I show Lee, who is a retired Marine LtCol and he stops the truck and says let's go talk to them and fix it.

Then again, I am sorry SD if that (you thought people were in trouble) was your initial response.

Who knows what could have been going on in that house?

Again... Sorry, I just assumed they went there to pick a fight.

Ass+U=Me... :lol: