The reason why the Bills Defense is Bad!

firstngoal

I viewed the Bills defense as just an average unit weeks ago when the Bills were on their winning streak...the problem is the

scheme and the players they draft and acquire to fit their scheme...our scheme calls for smaller quicker D-linemen (except Stroud who's a tall beanstalk)...LB'ers that are quick and fly to the ball which is great but they too are the smaller variety and their secondary is loaded with small DB's short and quick but nowhere to be found on run support...in my opinion it's the Bills defensive philosophy that's bringing the team down...this type of defense SUCKS unless you have a Bob Sanders (Very Rare) in your secondary and even then we would be still be bad...in my opinion this thing needs to be blown up switch

to a 3-4 like the Steelers in which they draft and employ BIG LB's or ends like LaMarr Woodley...or...keep the 4-3 but draft bigger and faster ends like the Giants did and find some bigger and better LB's and DB's....DT Kyle Williams is

no better than a good backup DT on most teams and LB Poszluszny is a very overrated stiff robot who looks like he's feeding himself roids to make himself bigger to man the middle of the defense...this unit is one of the worst in the league....and last but not least....Marv Levy always said...to win in this league you have to be able to run the ball (LOL) and stop the run...we can't do either! :thumbsup:

I'ts that time of the year in Buffalo when the leaves are falling off the trees and the snow will be falling soon....which means it's the season when Bills fans begin thinking about the NFL Draft because the Playoffs are a distant memory...all of the above is as sure as dying and paying taxes.

Sorry for the negative post, but as a Bills fan I'm sick of losing!

I agree...In my opinion the Bills need to spend their high draft picks on both sides of the line starting with the Defensive side.

Just look at a couple of th the more successful teams (Patriots and Eagles to name just a few) over a long period, they all have rather high draft picks starting on their line.

In my opinion there's no recipe to replace talent on the line, you can get away with finding a solid WR in the later rounds of the draft, but not at the D-line position.

I agree...In my opinion the Bills need to spend their high draft picks on both sides of the line starting with the Defensive side.

Just look at a couple of th the more successful teams (Patriots and Eagles to name just a few) over a long period, they all have rather high draft picks starting on their line.

In my opinion there's no recipe to replace talent on the line, you can get away with finding a solid WR in the later rounds of the draft, but not at the D-line position.

Bingo :thumbsup:

The defense is bad (actually, only in the 4th quarter, go figure) because the offense is putrid. You know, that whole time-of-possession-staying-on-the-field-too-long thing? But the defense has an excuse, what with being without Schobel and Whitner, and losing LB'er depth in Crowell and DiGiorgio.

I LOVE the 3-4 defense. I would love to see the Bills go back to it, since they did run it for nearly 20 years once upon a time.

Of course, we would be witnessing another rebuilding period if that decision is made, as we don't have the correct personnel to even attempt to run the scheme.

I LOVE the 3-4 defense. I would love to see the Bills go back to it, since they did run it for nearly 20 years once upon a time.

Of course, we would be witnessing another rebuilding period if that decision is made, as we don't have the correct personnel to even attempt to run the scheme.

So...........what # would you like to wear? :lol:

We are going to have to rebuild anyway, so why not? I say the Bills need to go with a system condusive to where they play...and that means not having ZERO TE production and smallish WR's and a terrible DL and average LB's.

Bills need to be physical, pound the ball and have a strong Front 7.

What Key Defensive End has been missing for weeks?

Aaron schobel is good, but it speaks volumes to the overall craptasticness of the group, when one guy makes that big of a difference. of course people wanted to believe for years that denney/kelsay duo was just as good as having a starting lde, or that individually one of them was starting caliber. Minus stroud they all pretty much suck.

Aaron schobel is good, but it speaks volumes to the overall craptasticness of the group, when one guy makes that big of a difference. of course people wanted to believe for years that denney/kelsay duo was just as good as having a starting lde, or that individually one of them was starting caliber. Minus stroud they all pretty much suck.

I totally agree!

I don't know how many times I've posted my hatred for drafting for scheme rather than just getting the biggest fastest baddest players out there and figuring out a scheme to work around them. It seems so simple to me. I don't like anything in football that calls for a smaller anything. Not that size is always the most important consideration, but the Bills have such a long history of jettisoning players that are "too fat" and drafting smurfs for the defensive secondary year after year. It gets tiresome.

I don't know how many times I've posted my hatred for drafting for scheme rather than just getting the biggest fastest baddest players out there and figuring out a scheme to work around them. It seems so simple to me. I don't like anything in football that calls for a smaller anything. Not that size is always the most important consideration, but the Bills have such a long history of jettisoning players that are "too fat" and drafting smurfs for the defensive secondary year after year. It gets tiresome.

Yup!

The reason the Bills bypassed DT Haloti Ngata in the 06 draft is because they claimed he didn't fit their scheme :nana: ...just a gut feeling that the Bills defense would be better against the run and better overall if that monster were sitting in the middle of our Line :lol: ...last time I checked...he's a dominant force in the middle of the Baltimore Ravens D-line.