Edwards..... Discuss....

AnthonyF

The thing that bothers me about Trent's performance is that in the last 3 weeks it's gotten worse with each game. He has gone from a very very very good QB the first 6 weeks, to a mediocre at best QB the last 3 weeks. He's now sitting on 7 TDs and & 7 INTs through 9 games or 8 not counting the Cardinals game. Very pedestrian numbers. The offense last week was able to get 10 points. 10 again today. Really not quite that. The only TD came after they got the ball on the 11. He's no longer taking care of the ball, and today, wasn't even able to sustain drives besides the one that netted the FG. He also has gone from a guy with a 9-4 starting percentage to 10-8. Nothing to write home to Mom about. The protection was not great, but not bad. Good enough to do a lot better.

I have seen great things from him and here's hoping he can turn it around next Monday against the Clowns. We owe those guys. I'll be there. Come on Trent and the entire team. Make me proud.

Our defense again today played well enough to win the game. Only gave up 17 points. Now we just need some help from the offense.

The season's not over yet, but with couple of more weeks like this, it could be soon.

Go BILLS !!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually humorous. With the exception of today, they are not even close. Maybe you forgot when JP got to 100 yards we were happy. Trent only has 2 games under 200 yards.

Even with today they are not even close..If you cant see the difference between the 2 youre just bein an ass and throwin crap out there because youre still pissed yhou were wrong about JP...Now if youre pissed because he had a bad day then so be it..I am also...However I have seen Belichek beaten many more proven Qbs than Edwards..At the worst today you can say Edwards made 2 bad passes..One was because he read a wrong defense the other was a horrible throw..

Off target, bad decisions, no long attempts at all and 120 yards passing. Good field position and did absolutely nothing. Can also blaim the coaches for calling 3 run plays on first and goal.....

Trent Edwards has become a hybrid of Losman/Holcomb/Pennington.

He is averaging .77778 touchdown passes per game.

Let's face it folks, he's quite average.

Even with today they are not even close..If you cant see the difference between the 2 youre just bein an ass and throwin crap out there because youre still pissed yhou were wrong about JP...Now if youre pissed because he had a bad day then so be it..I am also...However I have seen Belichek beaten many more proven Qbs than Edwards..At the worst today you can say Edwards made 2 bad passes..One was because he read a wrong defense the other was a horrible throw..

:thumbsup:

2 Bad throws????? Take off the rose colored glasses.... He was terrible, bad throws, bad decisions, bad field management and we had the ball in good field position today. But as with JP the coaching staff did not help him....

bills fans? are you guys !@#$ing kidding me? you are guys are a couple of jokes, ready to pounce when the starting qb has a bad game. do you root for the bills to succeed or for trent to fail to justify your pathetic opinions? it's bad enough when the team is struggling, but for people to sit here and become chicken littles.. goddamn i hope nothing serious goes wrong in your personal lives because it quite clear you will jump ship at the first sign of trouble. wayyy too premature for this bullsh!t talk. trent and his grandma knows he sucked today but the guy is a good qb when he gets a little help. look what happened to brady in the superbowl with players in his face and a heavy pass rush.
Thanks for clearing that up, what else should we all think?

I disagree with this so strongly I just changed my screen name to Edwards' Arm. He had a bad day and should have played significantly better than he did. That said, Edwards is the answer.

Edwards is the answer, but the question is when will they have a good offensive line? :thumbsup:

I will never understand why 90% of fans think there is more variance involved in coaching and playcalling than there is in QB play. JP fans were here a month ago claiming Fairchild couldn't hold Schonert's jockstrap. I thought that was ridiculous. Now we have Trent fans saying Schonert is a clueless idiot, because of course every loss in the history of the world is due to playcalling.

This is what it boils down to:

- It's about the QB, not the OC - the most overrated person on any team in terms of his impact on the game.

- Level of play in a young QB varies more than the smarts of the OC over the course of a few weeks.

- Edwards is a better QB than JP.

- Edwards has sucked the last 3 weeks.

Yep I agree with this. We could not run Gilbride out of here fast enough, well he is doing a pretty good job with the Giants. Far be it for me to defend Fairchild could it possibly be he was not as dumb as everybody thought he was due to the fact that he was basically calling an offense with one hand tied behind his back because his qb options were a rookie 3rd rnd pick & a QB that still can not read a defense? Schonert is taking alot of the blame but you know what the players got to execute. Edwards hits Evans in stride instead of throwing it 3 yrds behind him Lee probably takes that in for 6. Is that Turk's fault that Edwards did not execute?

As far as Trent is concerned, everybody should of known he was going to have some rough moments this year. All young qbs do. He is going to be okay,. he just has to start playing more consistently. No running game is hurting him also.

Edwards is the answer, but the question is when will they have a good offensive line? :thumbsup:

You hit the nail on the head.

Blame has been placed on the run game and on Trent. Both rely on the O-Line. Tom Brady has ALWAYS had a good O-Line, and seeing yesterdays game PROVES a good line is the key to a win. Cassel had protection and mr 4th string could run all day. Are they elite players? Is it a coincidence that no matter who is passing or running behind that line is succeeding?

I'm not saying Trent and Lynch are off the hook, both have been coming in well below expectations these last few weeks. I'd like to see Trent audible out of plays that the defense is clearly ready for and I'd like to see Lynch hit a hole before dancing (assuming there is a hole there).

The coaches are ALSO to blame (wow, so much blame to spread around you'd think it were a team sport). They are simply not adjusting to what they see. When the line has been blocking like it has, we have no business having receivers run long developing routes. "BUT THEN THEY WON'T RESPECT THE DEEP BALL AND PACK IN THEIR DEFENSE!!!!" yeah, but you see that's where a coach is supposed to ADJUST.

Look, either he caught JP Losman's cooties, or he's still not 100% right. You have to admit there is a huge difference in Edwards play pre- and post-concussion.

FYI: this post does not absolve the horrendous O-line play and the total lack of a running game, which is not helping our offense.

PTR

The difference is that he has to play teams with winning records.

The OL has been horrendous for years, but I was told that JP made them look bad, that he couldn't read defences, and that he held the ball too long. :thumbsup:

I will never understand why 90% of fans think there is more variance involved in coaching and playcalling than there is in QB play. JP fans were here a month ago claiming Fairchild couldn't hold Schonert's jockstrap. I thought that was ridiculous. Now we have Trent fans saying Schonert is a clueless idiot, because of course every loss in the history of the world is due to playcalling.

This is what it boils down to:

- It's about the QB, not the OC - the most overrated person on any team in terms of his impact on the game.

- Level of play in a young QB varies more than the smarts of the OC over the course of a few weeks.

- Edwards is a better QB than JP.

- Edwards has sucked the last 3 weeks.

this right here makes me think the Bills have the stupidest fans in the world. did u notice the dolphins had 1 win last year and with pretty much the same team with the addition of Pennington, they are now ahead of even us. Coaching is all the difference in the world in the NFL. every team has great athletes and its how u use them that determines winning and losing... passing from the shotgun on the 10yard line last year against Dallas was a play that was CALLED by a COACH and lost the game. ur a pure moron

The difference is that he has to play teams with winning records.

The OL has been horrendous for years, but I was told that JP made them look bad, that he couldn't read defences, and that he held the ball too long. :lol:

That's not entirely true. The offensive line played well during the second half of JP's best season. But I agree that overall the line has been quite bad. I'd like for the Bills to draft Mack with their first round pick. But a part of me thinks that instead they should use that pick on a DE, and go interior OL in rounds 2 - 3.

I'd like for the Bills to draft Mack with their first round pick. But a part of me thinks that instead they should use that pick on a DE, and go interior OL in rounds 2 - 3.

That's a tough decision. Which is the priority, linemen who will help keep our offense on the field or linemen who will help get our defense off the field?

'They' say defense wins championships, but even the best defenses get tired.

this right here makes me think the Bills have the stupidest fans in the world. did u notice the dolphins had 1 win last year and with pretty much the same team with the addition of Pennington, they are now ahead of even us. Coaching is all the difference in the world in the NFL. every team has great athletes and its how u use them that determines winning and losing... passing from the shotgun on the 10yard line last year against Dallas was a play that was CALLED by a COACH and lost the game. ur a pure moron

Standard TBD fast food garbage mentality of picking out 1 arbitrary example (which not surprisingly happens to be recent and based on an enormous sample size of 9 games) against 1,000 others to make some point that isn't there. This pure moron was about the only guy on this forum who wasn't quivering about Nick Saban and his master plan in 05 or Mangini's in 06 (who per your infallible logic has now gone from awesome to an idiot to now awesome again). When your IQ reaches double digits please sell.

I disagree with this so strongly I just changed my screen name to Edwards' Arm. He had a bad day and should have played significantly better than he did. That said, Edwards is the answer.

Wow, that's quite a committment you've made. Do you suppose it will help?

I dont think the issue is Edwards. I think there a couple of issues one is the play calling. To me only giving Lynch 14 carries a game is an issue, he actually looked like he started to get into a zone at one point then it was nothing but passing. I also think they need to bring more pressure with the LB's. Our front 4 just are not getting it done, so I think lets start taking some chances. I think the O line looked better today but we played one hell of a D line today. Anyway there are my 2 cents.

Wow, that's quite a committment you've made. Do you suppose it will help?

I think that I'm a lot like most people around here in this respect: I'd really, really like to make a significant contribution to this team's success. I know that nothing I say or do is going to matter much, but that doesn't stop me from trying to help anyway! It's silly, I know, but if it wasn't for that kind of silliness, we probably wouldn't have signed up for this forum.