Mid Season SuperBowl Prediction

Well now that most teams have already/are getting ready to start their second half of the season, who do you think will be in the Super Bowl now?

My prediction is a Steelers-Redskins rematch from this past Monday Night with the Redskins coming up on top

I think those are the two most overrated teams in the NFL. Steelers have a horrible offensive line, and the Redskins only got talked about because they beat the Cowboys when people still thought they were god's gift to man.

Having watched each team play more than just one Monday night game, I hope for the sake of football that your wrong and that better teams will make it to the superbowl.

I think those are the two most overrated teams in the NFL. Steelers have a horrible offensive line, and the Redskins only got talked about because they beat the Cowboys when people still thought they were god's gift to man.

Having watched each team play more than just one Monday night game, I hope for the sake of football that your wrong and that better teams will make it to the superbowl.

I have mixed feelings about the Steelers, but I just dont see the Titans going all the way with Kerry Collins

I have mixed feelings about the Steelers, but I just dont see the Titans going all the way with Kerry Collins

First of all, you're putting words into my mouth if you think I said that the Titans will go all the way. Secondly, if you think the Titans aren't going all the way because of Collins I will like you to refer to the 1999 season. Yeah it was 9 years ago, but he's hardly slowed down.

Lastly, if you have mixed feelings about the Steelers, why do you think they'll get through some much more qualified AFC teams?

Well now that most teams have already/are getting ready to start their second half of the season, who do you think will be in the Super Bowl now?

My prediction is a Steelers-Redskins rematch from this past Monday Night with the Redskins coming up on top

zona-tennessee

I hate to put trust in Eli again, but I can't see much fault with the Giants so far. If they can take care of the Eagles in Philly on prime time, I'll be pretty confident.

AFC is weird...I have to believe the Titans will lose a few and maybe one of these comes in the playoffs. Every East team has issues, the Steelers look legit but I agree that their OL will get them into trouble. West is soft. Indy doesn't seem to have it and Jax has been a huge let down.

Titans or Steelers as of now. I could see it just being a matter of homefield advantage and staying healthy. That might be enough to win the conference.

Giants vs. Steelers...Giants repeat.

Note: Fez's suggestion is far better though.

First of all, you're putting words into my mouth if you think I said that the Titans will go all the way. Secondly, if you think the Titans aren't going all the way because of Collins I will like you to refer to the 1999 season. Yeah it was 9 years ago, but he's hardly slowed down.

Lastly, if you have mixed feelings about the Steelers, why do you think they'll get through some much more qualified AFC teams?

I wasn't, I just have them behind the steelers in the AFC for me....

The AFC West is garbage so I dont see anyone going from there

The AFC East is a tossup, and while I would love to say the Bills, they havent fared well as of late. And ill be damned if i said the Pats or Jets will go, but the Pats won't because of Cassel and the Jets have the interception machine Favre. I can't see Favre beating either the Steelers or Titans if they went to the playoffs somehow.

The AFC North is the Steelers division, and while Baltimore is in the hunt, Joe Flacco, while showing signs of promise, just doesnt have it all together yet.

Lastly the AFC South, which the Titans will win and it looks like the Colts are on the rise to go for a Wildcard.

And as far as that run in 99 goes when Collins was QB of the Giants, when has he repeated that kind of year since? They got to the SB more on their defense, especially when they Manhandled the Offense of the Vikings in the NFC championship game that year. If the Titans fell behind enough in a game where they would really have to start passing to win, I don't see Collins leading them to a win. He's always been around that 1:1 ratio for TDs to INTs, I just dont see him winning a ring unless he does it a la Rob Johnson and is a bench warmer for a Champion

NFL has reached 100 % parity. Much like Obama's America, the NFL is chalk full of mediocrity and whomever makes it(almost impossible to predict cause most NFL teams suck to some extent), it will be maybe the worst team in SB history to win it.

Giants-Titans. Book it.

At this point that is the only logical prediction. But the AFC is so wide open still that I really do think anybody could come out on top. The NYGs are the clear-cut best of the NFC.

If McNabb and more importantly Westbrook, can stay healthy, I think the Eagles will make and possibly win the Super Bowl. Therefore:

Eagles 27, Steelers 21.

Giants-Titans. Book it.

I'll agree on the Giants but I'm withholding judgment on the Titans until they can prove to me they are capable of a passing attack. Having a dominant running game is fine when you're beating up on the dregs of the NFL, but let's say they're trailing the Steelers by 10 points in the 4th quarter during a playoff game. Do they have the QB and the receiving corps to complete a comeback?

That being, said I'll still handicap them as my favorite because of that defense.

I'll agree on the Giants but I'm withholding judgment on the Titans until they can prove to me they are capable of a passing attack. Having a dominant running game is fine when you're beating up on the dregs of the NFL, but let's say they're trailing the Steelers by 10 points in the 4th quarter during a playoff game. Do they have the QB and the receiving corps to complete a comeback?

That being, said I'll still handicap them as my favorite because of that defense.

did the 2000 Ravens have a good passing attack?

Hey guys, been a while since I been on. Busy with work and family....very upset with the injury bug hitting the Bills again. Never fear freinds, Bills will right the ship, and even with a loss today in NE, the Bills will finish 10 - 6. I dont know right now if that will be good enough to make the playoffs. See, I think the AFC as a conference has started slowly, but is playing, much much better football. I am not giving in the favored opinion that the NFC has over taken the AFC. Pittsburgh should have taken down the GMEN even with the crappy O-Line, Baltimore has the all four NFC opponents to play, Tennessee will spank Chicago (yes spank), Cleveland decided to catch passes and beat the GMEN, we are yet to see the best of San Diego (thank goodness they dropped Cotrell). Oh, did I forget Indy who is getting healthier as well????? Indy is a prime example of a team who was giving opponents the opportunity to "kill the wounded animal" yet no one has and they are still right in the middle of the wild card. With all this being said, Super Bowl Prediction - Tennessee over Arizona. Why Arizona???? They have the GMEN at home and that game can decide the Conference Champion. What about Carolina?? Yes they beat Arizona, but AZ gave that game away on the road. I dont believe in Jake Delhomme either. I agree with the assessment about Kerry Collins, but hey if he continues to make minimul mistakes, he will join a class of no name journeyman to win the bowl - Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Earl Morral, Jim Plunkett, Jim Mcmahon, etc. tennessee reminds me of the 85 Bears and 00 Ravnes. Let me know some feedback.