Teachers: Keep political views to yourself

scribo

Outrageous

As a father of four, I do not think I am overreacting when I say this teacher should be removed from her position immediately.

The after-interview just tells me this woman is worthless. She knows full well what she did and sits there, refusing to acknowledge it.

The school should have never allowed her to wear the campaign button.

Outrageous

As a father of four, I do not think I am overreacting when I say this teacher should be removed from her position immediately.

The after-interview just tells me this woman is worthless. She knows full well what she did and sits there, refusing to acknowledge it.

She was wrong. Absolutely, positively wrong.

However, would you like to debate varying degrees of "wrong?"

Outrageous

I can't open the link. Is all as she did was wear a button? Or is there more?

She was wrong. Absolutely, positively wrong.

Your post should end there. Regardless of your viewpoint; a teacher - any adult - shouldn't tell a child your dad could be gone forever. Do you really want that? Its one thing to generate discussion and try to get kids involved. Its something else to try and influence them with cherry picked arguments they can't fully understand.

Your post should end there. Regardless of your viewpoint; a teacher - any adult - shouldn't tell a child your dad could be gone forever. Do you really want that? Its one thing to generate discussion and try to get kids involved. Its something else to try and influence them with cherry picked arguments they can't fully understand.

I threw the other part in to suggest that politics isn't the only place where a teacher can impose his/her views. And to suggest that this example is mild by comparison. Just being a smartass, that's all.

I threw the other part in to suggest that politics isn't the only place where a teacher can impose his/her views. And to suggest that this example is mild by comparison. Just being a smartass, that's all.

No problem. My comments were directed at you, more just taking your initial statement and expanding on it.

Much more. She asks her students who they want to be the next president. When one says McCain, she asks why. The girl answers, saying it is because her parents support McCain. The teacher then asks the same question to kids in favor of Obama. One black boy says it is because he wants a black president. Another girl says because Obama is making good changes for the country. The teacher asks what kind of changes. The girl says Obama is going to stop the war. Then the teacher turns to the original girl that McCain supports the war, pointing out that the girl's father is in the military. The teacher then says the war is "senseless." The teacher then says McCain wants to keep the girl's father in Iraq for the next 100 years. And asks her is that's what she wants?

The girl, who I am guessing is about 9, looks humiliated and terrified.

Much more. She asks her students who they want to be the next president. When one says McCain, she asks why. The girl answers, saying it is because her parents support McCain. The teacher then asks the same question to kids in favor of Obama. One black boy says it is because he wants a black president. Another girl says because Obama is making good changes for the country. The teacher asks what kind of changes. The girl says Obama is going to stop the war. Then the teacher turns to the original girl that McCain supports the war, pointing out that the girl's father is in the military. The teacher then says the war is "senseless." The teacher then says McCain wants to keep the girl's father in Iraq for the next 100 years. And asks her is that's what she wants?

The girl, who I am guessing is about 9, looks humiliated and terrified.

I agree scribo, it was totally wrong... Teachers should stay middle of the road up until AT LEAST university... Then they can go to both sides.

Children aside and the debate among adults should be:

:thumbsup: advocate says... Will we ever know when a war is truly senseless and if it is, how are things going to change? Some miltary personell will surely have hurt feelings? Or do we just back policy and personell blindly?

I agree scribo, it was totally wrong... Teachers should stay middle of the road up until AT LEAST university... Then they can go to both sides.

Children aside and the debate among adults should be:

:thumbsup: advocate says... Will we ever know when a war is truly senseless and if it is, how are things going to change? Some miltary personell will surely have hurt feelings? Or do we just back policy and personell blindly?

I am not backing anything blindly. I strive to be well informed, and I am not close minded, just convinced.

I'll be interested in what the result of this is.

She'll be protected by the teachers' union leadership thugs and probably given a paid "leave of absence".

I hope there are some very awful things waiting in her future.

My daughter's 1st grade teacher would not say who she is for... Even during a mock, in-class election... All she said is:

"I want nobody to have hurt feelings."

That is truly the path to objective learning...

:w00t::D

That is better than what I did. My kids were mostly pro-Obama. I said that I think both candidates are both great candidates, but I am voting for Obama. I was quick to correct my students who said that McCain was a horrible human being by pointing what he has done for the country.

It's bad enough (but in a subtle way) that I can't help but wonder if it is a plant.

Not that I don't believe that it haoppened a lot just like that - I just wonder who was shooting the footage.

It's bad enough (but in a subtle way) that I can't help but wonder if it is a plant.

Not that I don't believe that it haoppened a lot just like that - I just wonder who was shooting the footage.

Look at the girls face when the teacher tells her her father will be in Iraq for 100 years. It rips your !@#$ing heart out.

But yeah, probably a plant.

At my public University my FRENCH TEACHER... attempted to start a lengthy discussion with us on how we should go out and vote...for Obama.

She was wearing Obama flair and she clearly had a nice little lecture planned when I told her to remove her flair and get back to teaching. She looked at me like I was being a pest and was like, "excuse me", and I simply reminded her that her thoughts were not that of the university, and that if she enjoys her job, she should stop. Much to my dismay, she bought that, and begin teaching French again, snickering at me.

Don't get me started with my Post-Civil War Executive History class, where I routinely have to refrain the teacher from his put-down of only Republican Presidents, or his outrageous praise of Democrats.