Obama's Mandate For Change

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Krugman sees this as an opportunity:

And right now happens to be one of those times when the converse is also true, and good morals are good economics. Helping the neediest in a time of crisis, through expanded health and unemployment benefits, is the morally right thing to do; it’s also a far more effective form of economic stimulus than cutting the capital gains tax. Providing aid to beleaguered state and local governments, so that they can sustain essential public services, is important for those who depend on those services; it’s also a way to avoid job losses and limit the depth of the economy’s slump.

So a serious progressive agenda — call it a new New Deal — isn’t just economically possible, it’s exactly what the economy needs.

The bottom line, then, is that Barack Obama shouldn’t listen to the people trying to scare him into being a do-nothing president. He has the political mandate; he has good economics on his side. You might say that the only thing he has to fear is fear itself.

Bush kicks over a bee hive. Obama is a bad president because he can't gather up all the bees. :thumbsup:

Of course, when prosperity does return, Obama can take the credit! :wallbash:

This has more to do with the idiocy of the average consumer than with Bush's own policies. Had Bush restricted people's borrowing and credit, they'd have said that he's an enemy of economic expansion.

Bush kicks over a bee hive. Obama is a bad president because he can't gather up all the bees. :thumbsup:

Of course, when prosperity does return, Obama can take the credit! :wallbash:

This has more to do with the idiocy of the average consumer than with Bush's own policies. Had Bush restricted people's borrowing and credit, they'd have said that he's an enemy of economic expansion.

It doesn't matter how we got here, the point is Bush wasn't campaigning up until last week that he was going to fix everything and things will suddenly turn rosy on Jan 20 2009. Even, worse than that, there were enough lapdogs eating the stuff up while ignoring the economic realities.

There wasn't anything of the sort from either side. No one thought this was going to be easy or quick. Everyone thought and said the economy was in the toilet. The suddenly turning rosy idea was the end of the bad guys and bad policy (if that's what you believed), not at all that things would instantly be better in the economy.

LOL. Hope everyone is happy with what you got. Didn't take a mensa to realize his line was all bu11$h1t. Of course, ever predictable, the Oprah watching soccer moms, left wing loonies and "what am I gonna get for free" low lifes bought it hook, line and sinker. Funny the foundation for justifying Obama's imminent failure is already being prepared. There really was only one way to go in this election but people are just to fuggin dumb to commit to real, and I mean real change. Paul was and is the only way to go. Problem is he doesn't promise quick fixes or giveaways. Good luck with what you wanted.

Should people have been buying houses they couldn't afford? No. Should Bush's SEC have been allowing finance to regulate itself? No. Is there blame to go around? Yes

LOL. Hope everyone is happy with what you got. Didn't take a mensa to realize his line was all bu11$h1t. Of course, ever predictable, the Oprah watching soccer moms, left wing loonies and "what am I gonna get for free" low lifes bought it hook, line and sinker. Funny the foundation for justifying Obama's imminent failure is already being prepared. There really was only one way to go in this election but people are just to fuggin dumb to commit to real, and I mean real change. Paul was and is the only way to go. Problem is he doesn't promise quick fixes or giveaways. Good luck with what you wanted.

Hello Ron Paul Loon! How are ya? Imagine a world with that anarchist in charge? Ya, me either! People have too much sense to let that wack job run anything.

Hello Ron Paul Loon! How are ya? Imagine a world with that anarchist in charge? Ya, me either! People have too much sense to let that wack job run anything.

"Whack Job" is all relative. Of course compared to the lunacy that most have been conditioned to accept the last 25 years he would appear to be crazy. And even if he was a anarchist, how is it worse than going to war at the drop of a hat? Committing lives and billions for fuggin very little or nothing. And not just Bush either.

Yah, sound government, sound currency, following the Constitution, liberty, and non-interventionist foreign policy are horrible ideas in an economy about to hit the end of the road.

What we need is more Krugman ideas for New Deals (the New Deal that is currently bankrupting us), more totalitarianism, and blame de-regulation when it was regulation that caused the problem.

If Ron Paul is a loon in your eyes, it's more of a reflection of yourself than him. Lobbyists hate him, tax-payers love him. The worst thing about him is he speaks the truth. I'm sure you have done as much to help others as he has, but go in your little computer world and complain about him, he is fighting for your liberties everyday.

Truth is treason in the world of deception. That's why he is a loon to you.

Yah, sound government, sound currency, following the Constitution, liberty, and non-interventionist foreign policy are horrible ideas in an economy about to hit the end of the road.

What we need is more Krugman ideas for New Deals (the New Deal that is currently bankrupting us), more totalitarianism, and blame de-regulation when it was regulation that caused the problem.

If Ron Paul is a loon in your eyes, it's more of a reflection of yourself than him. Lobbyists hate him, tax-payers love him. The worst thing about him is he speaks the truth. I'm sure you have done as much to help others as he has, but go in your little computer world and complain about him, he is fighting for your liberties everyday.

Truth is treason in the world of deception. That's why he is a loon to you.

Ron Paul LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Obama, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.

Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,

So Obama, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Obama, won’t you buy me a color TV ?

Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.

I wait for delivery each day until three,

So Obama, won’t you buy me a color TV ?

Obama, won’t you buy me a night on the town ?

I’m counting on you, Obama, please don’t let me down.

Prove that you love me and buy the next round,

Obama, won’t you buy me a night on the town ?

Everybody!

Obama, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,

Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,

So Obama, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?