Barak Obama, 44th President of the United States

You have no idea what your talking about. The next time we need help from the Germans, it will be just another pathetic day in the life of American politics.

Bill Clinton is just as highly despised by the europeans as the Shrub.

Obama will take his orders from the same people as the Shrub and Clinton before him, but hey you keep the faith.

The US desperately needs help in Afghanistan, right now. There is a shortage of US troops, at the moment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8070202010.html

The Germans have turned us down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8020103141.html

Now who has no clue?

Mark my words, they (and the rest of the world) will not be as dismissive when President Obama comes calling. The US cannot continue to play cowboy in the middle east (or anywhere else) and expect the rest of the world to simply do as we ask. That kind of support ended quite a while ago.

The US needs to be involved in the International community, and Obama will gain respect of foreign leaders (who already seem to like him), as he is educated, articulate and respectful.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great election- This may sound silly, but each time one of the candidates received votes, I jumped out of my seat- when McCain took an early lead, I was thinking about where we could be had he won the nomination back in 2000. Say what you want about him, disagree with his policies, but he is a great american and served our country well both in the military and congress. I was glad to see him act like himself in the concession speech- he is a true class act, just wish I could meet him someday.

When Obama won Pennsylvania, I began to pretty much think he was wrapping up the election. When he took Ohio, it was over (I already knew California was locked up).

Another good thing is that it looks like the democrats will not gain a supermajority in the senate- I don't think that would be a good think- too much power is never good.

What we all must remember though, is that change starts at the bottom- not in the white house. While I personally believe in Obama's policies, I do think that he does represent a choice that makes it easier for some- Most Americans see our current problems and want somebody to make it all better for us- we have to get back to what the country was founded on- the Founding Fathers, while great couldn't have gotten much done by themselves- the entertainment era MUST end and the problems must be addressed.

While I am glad Obama plans on ending the war in Iraq, I wish we would end the war on terror entirely. I would rather have a terrorist kill me than to become one myself. The terrorists are evil incarnate, and you can't wage war against evil- in doing so, you eventually become what you are fighting against. You have to devalue what they are taught and find a way to relieve their frustrations- if you look at terrorist activities, the top guys are the ones we are catching- they are not doing the suicide bombings. The ones doing the suicide bombings are indoctrinated with lies and rubbish- they are normal people.

The terrorists have taken a lot from us- our liberties, freedoms, and our feelongs of security. More than that, it bothers me what they have taken from American Muslims- and in turn, what they have gotten us to take from American Muslims. I constantly hear the term muslim terrorist and see people looking suspiciously at anyone who may be muslim. These innocent people have been degraded by the biggotry that has spawned from the horrible terrorist attacks from 9/11 and have had their liberties and dignity stripped by us! I have a muslim friend that can't return to this country because of stupid suspicion.

Like the song says- you gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything. The United States was built on liberty and freedom, and that is what it stood for for a long time. Give me liberty or give me death- because if I don't have that, then I am not american and I don't care to go on living anyways. The patriot act and all that follows- false security, lack of liberty- lack of being an american. Lack of standing for anything. Sometimes we forget that democrats and republicans are supposed to be striving for the same thing, but just believe in different ways of getting there.

Personally, I was against the drill here/drill now philosophy for a reason- and it isn't because it would take time- it is because although short term we would have a big supply, long term is is still a small percentage of the world's supply of oil. Alternate fuel sources won't work now, but if we fix the education system, I know we can figure out the energy dilemma before any other country does.

If anyone disagrees with my points of view, I hope that they at least understand it. America is still the only place I would ever want to live. I want more though- I want it to be much better than it currently is. End the fear, end the biggotry, end the desire to find things to be angry about.

And always remember, it isn't about blue, it isn't about red. It is all about Old Glory- THE RED WHITE AND BLUE.

I hope that Senator Barrack Obama does a good enough job to win by this much next time, but it he isn't, then we will find somebody better in four years.

I am very proud to be an american right now- and I would be no less proud if Senator McCain was elected

You know here's the funny thing. When any of you people who think Obama is the answer encounter someone who says he is not you immediately think we're for McCain or Bush. You don't know who I voted for and to insinuate that I support McCain or Bush show just how ignorant you are. The fact that you believe anything any politician tells you is pretty sad. They're all a waste of space in my mind and are leading this country down a path of destruction.

Well, take to the streets (burn baby burn!), or run yourself.

Of course, it is every American's right to do nothing but complain...so carry on!

The US desperately needs help in Afghanistan, right now. There is a shortage of US troops, at the moment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8070202010.html

The Germans have turned us down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8020103141.html

Now who has no clue?

Mark my words, they (and the rest of the world) will not be as dismissive when President Obama comes calling. The US cannot continue to play cowboy in the middle east (or anywhere else) and expect the rest of the world to simply do as we ask. That kind of support ended quite a while ago.

The US needs to be involved in the International community, and Obama will gain respect of foreign leaders (who already seem to like him), as he is educated, articulate and respectful.

Dean you are a nice guy, but you are naive as hell. Then again I'm sure the Germans and many others are just chompin at the bit to get involved with that hell hole. The germans are there now, I'm sure they are already getting their cut of the stash. Hows Obama going to end the corruption in the intelligence community, got any smack??

The only thing terrorists took from us was our diminishing capability to think rationally.

Self-aggrandizing, moralizing, motherment conservatives took the rest.

A lot of liberal democrats gave him authorization to launch an insurgency against Iraq

I am torn. One one hand I am incredibly proud and happy that we have overcome one of the great stains on the history of our country by electing a black man. I'm ecstatic that this day has come. Good for us! This validates what I and many others have known for some time, that you can be whatever and whoever you want to be regardless of your race, color or creed.

But congratulations America...you got what you asked for. Now let's see what the Democrats do. No excuses.

These are the two perhaps most important, points in this thread.

First of all Congrats to Obama. Nobody thought he could pull this off without serious help, and he proved many of us wrong.

A lot of liberal democrats gave him authorization to launch an insurgency against Iraq

So? The "conservatives" were the leaders in using 9/11 to grow the government and rape freedom, completely contrary to everything they supposedly stood for.

Congrats "conservatives", your complete inability to lead has made you irrelevant for probably a decade (minimum). So much for the "mandate" you supposedly enjoyed.

It's about the people and not Obama himself? That's terrible!

It's not about the individual person, but the crowd mentality

And you believe that voting for Twiddle-dum would have actually improved your life?

Please re-read my post and quote where I said that? My point is that there are people stupid enough to believe that their individual well being is directly tied to whoever occupies the Oval Office

So? The "conservatives" were the leaders in using 9/11 to grow the government and rape freedom, completely contrary to everything they supposedly stood for.

Congrats "conservatives", your complete inability to lead has made you irrelevant for probably a decade (minimum). So much for the "mandate" you supposedly enjoyed.

Ohm I'm not defending the conservatives- they are guilty of not standing up to Bush. Second only to Bush's insurgency of Iraq, his dumbest move was going to war without increasing taxes- something that I believe is unprecedented in history- and something that horribly increased the deficit.

No he hired a shiiload of advisers that you said he surrounded himself with who are smarter that the ones around Bush the last 8 years. I asked what you were basing that on seeing you have no idea who most of those adviser are and what they have told him.

I do know his advisers Plouffe and Rouse, worked with and for them and they are very smart... They listen well and are great evaluators as well as demanding in a reserved kind of way. You will not know much of what they tell Obama, especially Rouse, they don't work that way. Not sure if they will be any more intelligent, but their style will be different, meticulous and patient except when they need to make something happen, but you won't know they have made the decision until after it happens.

Watch, listen and learn....

Republicans reaping what they sowed by nominating W and McCain in succession. Faux conservatism has rendered the Republicans moot.

this I can agree with, neither are true conservatives.

It might be just coincidence, but almost to the day after Greenspan's book came out, bashing W for letting an unbridled GOP Congress spend money however it saw fit, and by not vetoing a single bill in six years, Mr. Bush realized his legacy was in deep trouble and started blocking almost everything that wasn't defense related.