Board is absurd after a loss...

Alphadawg7

When we win, we are going to go undefeated...when we lose, we have no shot to make the playoffs...stupid.

Now we have posts hating on Trent, arguing about Losman again, talking about jumping ship to the Titans, complaining we didnt sign Bryant Johnson (I mean really?), saying we have no heart, etc...

1. I said after the rams game that we would have a hard time making the playoffs if we didnt fix the O-line problems.

2. Trent is the real deal...he is as promising amongst the young quarterbacks as there is. He has just 16 games under his belt, yet he shows the poise of a veteran. The kid is still young and needs time to in the pocket to be truly effective, and when he gets it, he is deadly accurate. He still needs more experience reading the D to learn how to get the ball out quicker and needs to work on throwing the ball away instead of taking these unneccessary sacks.

3. This team has plenty of heart, what a joke that statement is. 4 of our 5 victories were games that took heart and no quit to win, now we get 2 losses and all of sudden we have no heart? Please...you sound like Raider fans...

4. Bryant Johnson...Haha...please, as if a guy who runs poor routes, cant get open, and plays like he is 7 inches shorter than he really is was the answer. I am not even going to dignify this with any more of a response (see the thread if you want my full take on this).

5. Jumping ship? Good, don't need fakers on this ship any way...we are a YOUNG team developing, and we will have our ups and downs. Truth is, we can still contend and can still win the division. Both the Jets game and Mia game were winnable games we gave away because of mistakes caused by the O-line. His pick and fumble were direct result of the O-line. We could easily be 7-1 right now, so go jump ship, who cares and good riddance...

Bottom line is we are a young promising team with tons of upside. We have a young WR and young TE that will get better and be more productive as the season goes on. However, if we dont fix the O-line issues, then we are going to struggle. Pressure on the QB and lack of running game is killing us...Still plenty to be excited about, so geezus, enough with the "sky is falling, we are doomed" stuff...I mean even the Redskins have 2 losses, and they are ranked in top 5 on every power rankings...we are still 2 games over .500 people and have a lot of winnable games still on our schedule.

:huh: we've already got like 3 losses so how are we gonna go undefeated? :rolleyes:

My point was when we were 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, and 4-0 people were talking about the possibility of us going undefeated. Now a lot of them are freaking out saying we wont even make the playoffs...

When we win they are all up in arms about how dominating we are, but as soon as we lose, we are bottom feeders of the division again despite being 5-3.

We lost bad in AZ, but Mia and Jets were games we should have and could have one. Its not like we werent competitive, but unlike our wins, we turned the ball over in the key moments of the game and had costly penalties at the wrong times. However, reading the boards today its like we are 3-5 instead of 5-3 still with plenty of opportunities to win our division.

We will have ups and downs all season, thats what happens with young growing teams...so its not the end of the world, a win next week puts us in a good spot again, especially since the Jets and Mia are just as likely to lose as they are to win with how inconsistent they play too. We win next week and they both lose, then were back in the driving seat again in the division...

My point was when we were 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, and 4-0 people were talking about the possibility of us going undefeated. Now a lot of them are freaking out saying we wont even make the playoffs...

When we win they are all up in arms about how dominating we are, but as soon as we lose, we are bottom feeders of the division again despite being 5-3.

We lost bad in AZ, but Mia and Jets were games we should have and could have one. Its not like we werent competitive, but unlike our wins, we turned the ball over in the key moments of the game and had costly penalties at the wrong times. However, reading the boards today its like we are 3-5 instead of 5-3 still with plenty of opportunities to win our division.

We will have ups and downs all season, thats what happens with young growing teams...so its not the end of the world, a win next week puts us in a good spot again, especially since the Jets and Mia are just as likely to lose as they are to win with how inconsistent they play too. We win next week and they both lose, then were back in the driving seat again in the division...

I'm just pullin yer chain. I've pretty much put yesterday behind me so now I'm just hanging around for ***** and giggles.

Halfway through the season and their 5-3. Keep that up and their 10-6. Who in this room before the season started thought we'd be 5-3 at the halfway mark? This is still the best product they have put on the field in ages. I for one am a little nervous about their play as of late but it feels darn good to have a chance for once.

When we win, we are going to go undefeated...when we lose, we have no shot to make the playoffs...stupid.

Now we have posts hating on Trent, arguing about Losman again, talking about jumping ship to the Titans, complaining we didnt sign Bryant Johnson (I mean really?), saying we have no heart, etc...

1. I said after the rams game that we would have a hard time making the playoffs if we didnt fix the O-line problems.

2. Trent is the real deal...he is as promising amongst the young quarterbacks as there is. He has just 16 games under his belt, yet he shows the poise of a veteran. The kid is still young and needs time to in the pocket to be truly effective, and when he gets it, he is deadly accurate. He still needs more experience reading the D to learn how to get the ball out quicker and needs to work on throwing the ball away instead of taking these unneccessary sacks.

3. This team has plenty of heart, what a joke that statement is. 4 of our 5 victories were games that took heart and no quit to win, now we get 2 losses and all of sudden we have no heart? Please...you sound like Raider fans...

4. Bryant Johnson...Haha...please, as if a guy who runs poor routes, cant get open, and plays like he is 7 inches shorter than he really is was the answer. I am not even going to dignify this with any more of a response (see the thread if you want my full take on this).

5. Jumping ship? Good, don't need fakers on this ship any way...we are a YOUNG team developing, and we will have our ups and downs. Truth is, we can still contend and can still win the division. Both the Jets game and Mia game were winnable games we gave away because of mistakes caused by the O-line. His pick and fumble were direct result of the O-line. We could easily be 7-1 right now, so go jump ship, who cares and good riddance...

Bottom line is we are a young promising team with tons of upside. We have a young WR and young TE that will get better and be more productive as the season goes on. However, if we dont fix the O-line issues, then we are going to struggle. Pressure on the QB and lack of running game is killing us...Still plenty to be excited about, so geezus, enough with the "sky is falling, we are doomed" stuff...I mean even the Redskins have 2 losses, and they are ranked in top 5 on every power rankings...we are still 2 games over .500 people and have a lot of winnable games still on our schedule.

You're absolutely dead on. If someone who hasn't followed the NFL or the Bills in particular at all this year was to come on this site the last 24 hours or so, they would surely guess that we're a 2-6, 3-5 team right now rather than sitting at 5-3 with a share of first place in the division. It's unreal.

Halfway through the season and their 5-3. Keep that up and their 10-6. Who in this room before the season started thought we'd be 5-3 at the halfway mark? This is still the best product they have put on the field in ages. I for one am a little nervous about their play as of late but it feels darn good to have a chance for once.

Exactly, we still have all the promise we had, but it takes time to put it all together...our key players on D are all playing together mostly for the first time...Poz missed all last year, our interior D line is all new players, Kawika is new addition, KO missed a lot of time, Youbouty barely saw the field before this year...etc. They will get better as the year goes on IMO. Hopefully the O-line starts to gel more too...Peters hold out I think hurt more than anticipated...

Guest dog14787

Its losing 3 out of the last 4 and not being upset or concerned seems unlikely for anyone who cares about this team as I'm sure of most of us do. I'm not jumping ship, I'll go down with the f#$%$king ship just like I always have, but this team has to much talent to be sinking!!! :P

So we just extended Jauron's contract for this team to come out and play sloppy, uninspired football? :wallbash:

Its losing 3 out of the last 4 and not being upset or concerned seems unlikely for anyone who cares about this team as I'm sure of most of us do. I'm not jumping ship, I'll go down with the f#$%$king ship just like I always have, but this team has to much talent to be sinking!!! :P

So we just extended Jauron's contract for this team to come out and play sloppy, uninspired football? :wallbash:

Totally agree. Whoever is feeling better saying 'did anyone expect us to be 5-3 at this juncture' or 'we are still tied for first' etc. is just indulging in loser talk. Fact is we have sucked the last few weeks and yes I am including the SD game. We were a Kawika Mitchell interception away from losing that game also. I am frustrated because I see the same kind of posts, excuses and rationalization as we had in 2006 and 2007 (if not longer). Fact is we came out of the gates strong, showed character and a desire to win even if down by a lot of points. That grittiness evoked images of the dominant Bills teams of the past. Then came the Raiders game which we had a tough time winning and it all fell apart against the Cards. We then proceeded to lose to the friggin Dolphins and now to the Jets AT HOME !!! How can a fan really feel good by looking up and seeing 5-3 when just a few weeks back we were dreaming of 7-1 ? How can I see the pathetic run game, poor pass rush mediocre QB play and feel 'good' about our team ?

Great post.

1. Agreed, and it's probably too late to fix this year.

2. Even when Trent struggles, if you can't see the difference between JP and Trent on the football field you should stop watching football because you have no clue.

4. I'd like to see more of Steve Johnson

I didn't see anything calling for JP to start. I saw people call Trent out for his POOR play the last 2 games (rightly so). The Bills just lost TWO DIVISION games in a row. Games most people thought we should have won. I remember one thread that proclaimed the Bills were going to kill the Fins, score like 50 points on them. After a great start, if the Bills don't win Sunday, they may not make the playoffs. Hell, they may not even finish ahead of the Fins. Just my opinion, but I think a lot of people feel this way.

Great post Alpha- I do think we have made quite a few mistakes though......

1. Offensive line- Fowler has bounced around the league during his short career for a reason. He just isn't good enough. Walker isn't good- he's huge, but has no explosion- that is useless. Our line is just so unathletic- that gets you nowhere in today's NFL...not consistenly at least.

2. Defensive line- Aaron Schobel is our best lineman- at tackle or end, but he isn't a guy that strikes fear in offensive coordinator, but we paid him like he is. Denny is below average and paid way too much.

We are very good at QB, RB and LB....if we get things in order, we could go from a team with a lot of potential with a team that has the potential to dominate. Fix the OL and Lynch becomes a difference maker that will scare defenses.

I think we need to make some moves come draft time to either move up or get extra picks. I'd love to get the OT from Alabama or Ole Miss and there are a bunch of good DE's out there. I am still high on DT Anthony Maddox- who might be had for a low pick as Houston is loaded at the position.