derek fine

BeastMode54

Yesterday's loss was hard to take, but if there was one thing that I saw that seemed promising, that was the play of Derek Fine. He ran crisp routes, seemed to have good hands, and looked like a playmaker out there. I'm not saying he's going to be a TG, or Gates type of player, but maybe he can be what we need, which is a reliable pass-catching tight end who can be used a a safety blanket for Trent

Yesterday's loss was hard to take, but if there was one thing that I saw that seemed promising, that was the play of Derek Fine. He ran crisp routes, seemed to have good hands, and looked like a playmaker out there. I'm not saying he's going to be a TG, or Gates type of player, but maybe he can be what we need, which is a reliable pass-catching tight end who can be used a a safety blanket for Trent

hopefully he can become more than just a reliable option, but rather a game breaker other teams will have to game plan around. I am tied of mediocrity from the Bills, lets get some dominant SOB's out there that wont take sh*t from anyone.

Yup. He did so well that I have called a halt to all of the fine puns. Nice job by the kid.

The first thing I thought yesterday when he caught that touchdown (no kidding) was, jeez Beerball better send that guy a big ol' honkin bag o' candy corn and candy pumpkins!! :wallbash:

Perhaps I do spend too much time on this board if that's the first thing I thought... :P

The first thing I thought yesterday when he caught that touchdown (no kidding) was, jeez Beerball better send that guy a big ol' honkin bag o' candy corn and candy pumpkins!! :wallbash:

Perhaps I do spend too much time on this board if that's the first thing I thought... :P

I was glad Fine was reliable yesterday. But I just don't trust my instincts. The book on him is good, solid reliable player in college. But I wonder if we have been dying of thirst for so long that even just the tiniest drop of water is beginning to look like rain.

He looked good to me. But ask me in 4-6 weeks.

C

hopefully he can become more than just a reliable option, but rather a game breaker other teams will have to game plan around. I am tied of mediocrity from the Bills, lets get some dominant SOB's out there that wont take sh*t from anyone.

That's why I want Winslow

He did look solid out there, and Trent seemed to warm up to him. Right now we have NO viable #2 option. The Jets played Evans inside-outside all day.....let Hardy run his route without worry (while he has been dubbed Frankenstien by some here, I liken it more to running like he is wearing snowpants in the middle of January with 3 feet on the ground), and Parrish is dinged up as he had no gas to run down the INT that Lynch almost did. Royal is Royal...and there you go.

Freddy Jackson is a great #3 read, if we have a #2 read out there that is a threat. The Bills tried to feature Freddy more yesterday, and it didn't work as the Jets were keyed in. If Fine can be a gritty little guy like a Cooley mode, then Freddy will have more room to work as well.

If we can get a healthy Reed and Butler back in, Fine may just be the type that adds a missing piece. He hasn't been around long enough to know for sure, but you like to see the guy doing things on his first 20 routes that another pick can't do on his 300th route. This is a different team without a reliable Reed....it is sad to see how different. Looking on the bright side, long term this offense should be pretty darn good.

Looked like Riemersma out there with the great route running. :thumbsup:

The funny thing there is that alot of folks here think that an above average receiving TE is going to help the offense. :unsure:

Nope, only a line like Tenn will do that for you. I'm sure White and Johnson wet themselves in the huddle when they hear a run play being called.