Our Remaining Schedule

H2o

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not.

AFC West to date doesn't show any wild card possibles yet. AFC North has PGH looking to win the div. crown, but that conference still has numerous games against the hot NFC East. My guess is that BAL doesn't make the WC cut.

TEN has a hold on the AFC South lead...last evening's IND defeat of NE* muddles things.

I'm with you here...I think 9-7 may be good enough this year, with both Wild Cards coming out of the East.

Way too much football left however.

10-6.....Home games against the Browns on MNF and San Fran should def. be wins IMO. I say we then split with the Pats one way or the other, beat Miami in Toronto, beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead (Which will be tough, no matter what), and I'm counting the other two losses to the Broncos at Mile High and the Jets in the Meadowlands. I think this is a very plausible scenario, and they could very well beat the Jets in New York or the Broncos as well. I think most people on this board would have been pretty happy with 5-3 at this point coming into this season, particularly with the Peters situation and Crowell suddenely done for the year. With as much parity as there is today in the NFL, almost every team in the entire league is going to go through one or two tough stretches that include back-to-back losses. This is a fact. And this has no doubt been a tough two games for the Bills (But don't forget, the Chargers are still one of the best teams in the AFC IMO, and that was a big time win.) It's how you adjust and pull together during these stretches that seperates the contenders from the pretenders. This team is still the best in the division once they get healthy IMO. Does anyone really believe that Miami and New York are CLEARLY better football teams? Or did the Bills simply not play at the level they're capable of? I would lean towards the later for sure. I personally see a big time bounce back win against the Pats* this Sunday, and I can't wait to see what this board looks like when it happens. The bandwagon is getting lighter and lighter by the hour, and it's sad.

You can't be happy with 5-3 when in the three losses we had no chance to win at the end of the game. And two of the losses are in our division. I don't know if Miami and the Jets are clearly better than us. But they are both more physical on the O and D lines. We can not run the ball, and we can not rush the passer. To win consistently in the NFL you need to be physical. Look at Pittsburg and Tennessee. We scored ONE offensive touchdown in both our divisional games. That is so unacceptable. This game against the Pats is huge. If we go to 0-3 in the division, it will be very difficult to win the division. Watch how we come out against NE. Are we physical at the line of scrimmage? Do we blitz the hell out of Cassell? (He is decent, but doesn't read the field like Brady. He will eat us up if he has time.) I think this is a watershed game for the Jauron regime. We HAVE to come out and dictate the game. If we get pasted by an above average Pats team, (not a great team) I think it is time to look for a new coach.

If we can't start running the ball, and rushing the passer, I see another 7-9 team. Several more losses and Dick will lose the team.

And two of the losses are in our division. I don't know if Miami and the Jets are clearly better than us. But they are both more physical on the O and D lines.

Remember all the people who assumed Miami/Jets were an easy 4-0 this year? At least 50 people in the Dinners' On Me Smartass contest picked both of those as sweeps. I might not be ready to say they are both better than the Bills, but they are certainly comparable.

Remember all the people who assumed Miami/Jets were an easy 4-0 this year? At least 50 people in the Dinners' On Me Smartass contest picked both of those as sweeps. I might not be ready to say they are both better than the Bills, but they are certainly comparable.

But they were 1-15! And anyone who thinks Jenkins might be able to play in a 3-4 should be shot in the face...

Defense is not a problem?

Warner 33 of 42, 2 TD's 79% Completions

Rivers 22 of 29, 2 TD's 1 Int, 76% Completions

Pennington 22 or 30, 1 TD, 73% Completions

Favre 19 of 28, 1 Int, 68% Completions

When the defense is giving up Completion percentages of nearly 70% or higher game in and game out, defense IS a problem. They cannot stop the opposing offense when they absolutley have to. As I said, we're down by 7 after the Greer TD and just let Favre cut us up to put up more points and take away any momentum that we had at that point.

Our defense isn't a "go get em and attack" defense, its not how it's built. We're not going to suddenly be able to snap into a new scheme and come up with stops instantly. If we could, we'd be doing that from the opening kickoff. It's is continually bend but don't break and as far as I'm concerned they've played good or great all year long. Without horrible turnovers by the offense in our past 2 games, our defense would have held them each to ~16 points. If we can't score more than 16 points we're not going to win many games at all.