Rodgers locked up through 2014

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

The extension locks Rodgers up through the 2014 season, General Manager Ted Thompson said in the team’s statement.

“As we talked about in the past, we try to be proactive in our discussions with our current players and we felt like this was an appropriate time to try to come to an agreement with Aaron,” Thompson said. “We feel like this is good for the organization and the players, and we will continue this approach as we move forward.”

I would trade him while his stock is high and look to the draft for a new QB. No need to extend him at all.

What? Even if you aren't a fan of his, he's shown the ability to win games, and the draft is a crapshoot, as Trent himself proves (6th QB taken and the best so far, since Quinn and Kolb haven't played much).

What? Even if you aren't a fan of his, he's shown the ability to win games, and the draft is a crapshoot, as Trent himself proves (6th QB taken and the best so far, since Quinn and Kolb haven't played much).

Dude. Clearly sarcastic. He is pointing the Bills tendency to finally get a good player and then let them walk.

Guest dog14787
Dude. Clearly sarcastic. He is pointing the Bills tendency to finally get a good player and then let them walk.

Dude, clearly on this board, you never know, gripnrip might be losing his grip :worthy:

ieatcrayonz may be in control of him now.

I'm pretty good at detecting sarcasm. The Bills have a tendency to trade older players for draft picks, while the younger guys walk in FA.

I think the Bills clearly made a mistake by not trading Trent for Roy Williams. We all know Lee Evans is a slot guy at best and if this team was serious about anything we'd have gotten Williams and drafted Tim Tebow. Classic Bills FO blunders.

(OF COURSE WE NEED TO LOCK TRENT UP FOR THE LONGHAUL. Now preferably, before he becomes a superstar.)