The Obama infomercial

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updated my website http://www.fischerwilliamsphoto.com/ if you ever need a portrait done.

Also, have started to get some of my landscape photography up on a site where folks can order prints:

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...394966212_8QjXN

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...395086821_DUxkB

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...395047495_G6j8p

and

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...396000613_pRYdV

I am working with a company to develop a Blue Ray DVD with more photos from these categories.

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice shots. Skip the DC shots. Been there done that kinda of thing. The surf shots are great, man. The foliage shots are great too.

Thanks for sharing.

This idea that he is soft and he believes everything around the world with be kumbaya comes from nowhere. It's assuming things based on nothing.

First, thanks for, again, continuing with a conversation.

The reason I assume things based on nothing is because that is the extent of his experience working with other countries: nothing. In fact, if I'm not mistaken (and I could well be), one of the reasons he brought in Biden was to help bolster his lack of foreign policy experience. I suspect at the time it made sense, but now that Biden is on KP, it's not such a great idea...again, assuming my understanding of bringing Biden is accurate.

That said, while I appreciate the good back-and-forth that was seen between Obama and Petraeus, one of the things that constantly gets press with Obama is how he has meetings with people, and how the meetings went longer than expected for whatever reason. I learned early on in my sales and marketing career that when a meeting goes longer than expected -- for whatever reason -- it doesn't mean anything except the meetings went longer. I remember this being reported a couple of times during the Obama World Tour. Now, I still believe that there are a lot of people who want to do us harm, and I fear that he's just out of his league in dealing with the rest of the world. Probably not a great analogy, but it's like sitting at the $1000 poker table, and having some dude join you who just had a good run at the $5 table. Odds are good that he's gonna get his ass kicked before he realizes the situation he's in.

On the other hand, despite my utter distaste for Obama, his history, his integrity and his complete lack of experience, if and when he wins, my position isn't much different than conversations we had as the Bills made the transition from Losman to Edwards. In the end, we're Bills fans, and we want the team to succeed, and we'll back whomever is under center provided the position is being treated fairly, honestly, and properly.

I will NOT like an Obama presidency, and I have every intent of challenging him on those things I disagree with, but in the end, I'm a pretty big fan of America. And I'd like it to remain the power that it is. He'll have to prove to me that he doesn't plan to cripple what drives us and baby what holds us back.

Doesn't this raise a big red flag to you?

Not at all, why would it? The issue is, if we have good intelligence on bin Laden or major Al Qaeda leaders, and the Pakistani government won't allow us to kill him, we go kill him. I have no problem with that with almost any country, let alone a country that has taken so much money and assistance from us and just used it against our better interest. I want bin Laden dead. I want Al Qaeda destroyed. If we know where he is, we go kill him. It's not like we're invading and occupying Pakistan.

Not at all, why would it? The issue is, if we have good intelligence on bin Laden or major Al Qaeda leaders, and the Pakistani government won't allow us to kill him, we go kill him. I have no problem with that with almost any country, let alone a country that has taken so much money and assistance from us and just used it against our better interest. I want bin Laden dead. I want Al Qaeda destroyed. If we know where he is, we go kill him. It's not like we're invading and occupying Pakistan.

So when a candidate that is considered extremely hawkish doesn't think its a good idea, that doesn't throw up a red flag that it might not be a good idea?

So when a candidate that is considered extremely hawkish doesn't think its a good idea, that doesn't throw up a red flag that it might not be a good idea?

McCain to me is all over the board with his foreign policy. In truth, I think McCain actually agrees with Obama on this. He just dug himself a hole and can't talk his way out of it. McCain, IMO, was talking about a theory and not a reality. Frankly, I don't think there is a chance in hell that if McCain were President and he had solid intelligence the military knew where he was, and the Pakistanis wouldn't okay us going in there, that he would not instantly go in there and kill bin Laden. Don't believe it for a second.

Plus, each individual situation is different. Normally, it may not be a good idea to go against an ally. But this isn't a normal situation. So all sides of the story and issue have to be addressed, and then decided upon what is the best course of action. McCain talks in absolutes that don't always work in the real world. The talking to enemies without preconditions is the same thing. Normally, you don't want to do that. If nothing is working and the situation is getting worse, you may want to do that. Each and every situation is different and talking with the enemy as one of two dozen possible courses of action should always be on the table. Patreus just said last week he thinks we should talk with our enemies. He wants to have discussions with the Taliban. Just because Obama says he WILL talk to enemies doesn't at all mean that he is going to do it or thinks it's the best way to handle enemies.

McCain to me is all over the board with his foreign policy. In truth, I think McCain actually agrees with Obama on this. He just dug himself a hole and can't talk his way out of it. McCain, IMO, was talking about a theory and not a reality. Frankly, I don't think there is a chance in hell that if McCain were President and he had solid intelligence the military knew where he was, and the Pakistanis wouldn't okay us going in there, that he would not instantly go in there and kill bin Laden. Don't believe it for a second.

Yeah, destabilizing an entire country to kill one guy is definitely a no-brainer.

BECAUSE THEY DO PAY TAXES. Payroll taxes that come out of their checks. SS taxes. Money that they made that they already paid to the government.

That's a bullsh-- arguement. Social security goes to fund your SS payments when you retire. And in fact, they don't even cover that.

Those 40% pay ZERO to fund infrastructure, defense, education, welfare, etc., etc., etc., That is why promising more giveaways to people who contribute nothing is so distasteful, and why a candidate whose entire career has been about pushing entitlements shouldn't be trusted when he says "oh, I just want to go back to the Clinton tax rates".

That's a bullsh-- arguement. Social security goes to fund your SS payments when you retire. And in fact, they don't even cover that.

Those 40% pay ZERO to fund infrastructure, defense, education, welfare, etc., etc., etc., That is why promising more giveaways to people who contribute nothing is so distasteful, and why a candidate whose entire career has been about pushing entitlements shouldn't be trusted when he says "oh, I just want to go back to the Clinton tax rates".

No need to worry. The move is on to now lower these overinflated expectations.

Then take SS off budget and sequester it. That is nice in theory but not true in practice.... Especially under Bush and the Republicans who would rather not have to budget for paying the fund back. Then they would really have to deal with the budget deficit. Why do you think they want to privatize SS... to cut this unfunded obligation they have used to help pay for the unjustified war in Iraq. So there.... :wallbash: