The Obama infomercial

You get to live in the greatest country in the world, in a place as beautiful as Southern California, with more freedom to do and say whatever the fukk you want than any place on earth, the ability to change jobs in the middle of your career, choose any profession you feel like, have more chance of success and unlimited success than anywhere on earth, the most diversity, the most hope, the most power to protect all that you have, never live in fear, able to practice any religion you want or don't want. Do and say anything you feel like, go anywhere you feel like, at any time for any reason. Where you live you can swim or ski on the same friggin' day if you wish.

You're also male, upper middle class, healthy, happily married, white, educated, and living in a period of time that has the greatest innovation and opportunity in history. Those "just happened to be born withs" makes you in the upper 99.999 percentile in the entire history of the world on the "I'm a lucky bastard" list.

With all that being said, I think we need "change"

You People. :wallbash:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you could have answered my question with "No, I can't make a case for McCain without parroting a platform of fear, or ripping on Obama using McCain's smears." You mention Obama more in your post than you do your own candidate.

I'm sorry I don't meet whatever requirements you have for an answer. What I consider truth, you consider "parroting" a platform, (though I'm fairly certain being critical of some of McCain's economic policies isn't a Republican talking point). But odds are you never made it that far into my post.

I guess maybe I should follow your lead and not rip on Obama, much like you haven't ripped on McCain, or Palin, or Joe the Plumber, or every other person who stands up against what you think is the ideal president.

Oh, wait...

Your guy will win, and when he starts !@#$ing with MY idea of what makes this a great country, I absolutely WILL fight him tooth and nail. It's my duty as an American to do that. Sorry if that ruffles your little feathers. I fear you and Obama and his lovely wife are going to find out that I'm not alone, and despite popular belief, the world will not simply and easily fall lock step with Obama simply because he's a great orator and looks good in a suit.

Your guy will win, and when he starts !@#$ing with MY idea of what makes this a great country, I absolutely WILL fight him tooth and nail. It's my duty as an American to do that. Sorry if that ruffles your little feathers. I fear you and Obama and his lovely wife are going to find out that I'm not alone, and despite popular belief, the world will not simply and easily fall lock step with Obama simply because he's a great orator and looks good in a suit.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

I fear you and Obama and his lovely wife are going to find out that I'm not alone, and despite popular belief, the world will not simply and easily fall lock step with Obama simply because he's a great orator and looks good in a suit.

If you believe this is what he believes, you really, truly know nothing about what he stands for, what he has said (outside of extrapolated snippets opposite of what he said), and what he believes. The reason he wants to talk to the enemy is because of how HARD it is to get them to do anything, and he knows it. He has more hawkish stances than McCain on elements of Al Qaeda.

He wants to end one war and accelerate the other. He doesn't ever ever say this will be easy, just the opposite.

Here is an in depth report of his meeting with General Patreus recently.

General David Petraeus deployed overwhelming force when he briefed Barack Obama and two other Senators in Baghdad last July. He knew Obama favored a 16-month timetable for the withdrawal of most U.S. troops from Iraq, and he wanted to make the strongest possible case against it. And so, after he had presented an array of maps and charts and PowerPoint slides describing the current situation on the ground in great detail, Petraeus closed with a vigorous plea for "maximum flexibility" going forward.

Obama had a choice at that moment. He could thank Petraeus for the briefing and promise to take his views "under advisement." Or he could tell Petraeus what he really thought, a potentially contentious course of action — especially with a general not used to being confronted. Obama chose to speak his mind. "You know, if I were in your shoes, I would be making the exact same argument," he began. "Your job is to succeed in Iraq on as favorable terms as we can get. But my job as a potential Commander in Chief is to view your counsel and interests through the prism of our overall national security." Obama talked about the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, the financial costs of the occupation of Iraq, the stress it was putting on the military.

A "spirited" conversation ensued, one person who was in the room told me. "It wasn't a perfunctory recitation of talking points. They were arguing their respective positions, in a respectful way." The other two Senators — Chuck Hagel and Jack Reed — told Petraeus they agreed with Obama. According to both Obama and Petraeus, the meeting — which lasted twice as long as the usual congressional briefing — ended agreeably. Petraeus said he understood that Obama's perspective was, necessarily, going to be more strategic. Obama said that the timetable obviously would have to be flexible. But the Senator from Illinois had laid down his marker: if elected President, he would be in charge. Unlike George W. Bush, who had given Petraeus complete authority over the war — an unprecedented abdication of presidential responsibility (and unlike John McCain, whose hero worship of Petraeus bordered on the unseemly) — Obama would insist on a rigorous chain of command.

Does that sound like he will be a pushover and want everyone to love us and will kowtow to persons of power? This idea that he is soft and he believes everything around the world will be kumbaya comes from nowhere. It's assuming things based on nothing.

:P

Well. You're a retard. Check the board snapperhead. so many times your stupid !@#$ing idioc moronic leftist dicksuckingretardac questions could be answered if you read the board.

:wallbash:

I apologize for not reading 100% of the posts on the politics sub-forum of a Buffalo Bills message board. Nice life!

I apologize for not reading 100% of the posts on the politics sub-forum of a Buffalo Bills message board. Nice life!

Not accepted. If you want to participate, you need to know what the !@#$ you're talking about, and you don't. Quite often I might add. Just quit coming here. That would fix it for your small brain. You wouldn't have to worry about making a complete ass out of yourself so often.

Not accepted. If you want to participate, you need to know what the !@#$ you're talking about, and you don't. Quite often I might add. Just quit coming here. That would fix it for your small brain. You wouldn't have to worry about making a complete ass out of yourself so often.

Angry boy, down with oxy... Call Betty Ford, they can help... this too shall pass :wallbash:

Whoa, check out that NERD RAGE!

Just updated my website http://www.fischerwilliamsphoto.com/ if you ever need a portrait done.

Also, have started to get some of my landscape photography up on a site where folks can order prints:

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...394966212_8QjXN

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...395086821_DUxkB

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...395047495_G6j8p

and

http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/ga...396000613_pRYdV

I am working with a company to develop a Blue Ray DVD with more photos from these categories.