Ummmm....this draft sucked

bartshan-83

:( Relax, completely tongue-in-cheek.....but:

1 11 Leodis McKelvin DB - not ready at CB, not good at his supposed super-talent (KR)

2 41 James Hardy WR - timid, raw, lost

3 72 Chris Ellis DE - can't get ticks on ineffective, injured DL

4 114 Reggie Corner DB - Inactive? Thought he was better than McKelvin in preaseason?

4 132 Derek Fine TE - Injured, now back

5 147 Alvin Bowen LB - Injured, not coming back

6 179 Xavier Omon RB - Inactive?

7 219 Demetrius Bell T - @sshole father

7 224 Steve Johnson WR - Hit-n-run, blamed Marshawn

7 251 Kennard Cox DB - Didn't make it

:lol:

:( Relax, completely tongue-in-cheek.....but:

1 11 Leodis McKelvin DB - not ready at CB, not good at his supposed super-talent (KR)

2 41 James Hardy WR - timid, raw, lost

3 72 Chris Ellis DE - can't get ticks on ineffective, injured DL

4 114 Reggie Corner DB - Inactive? Thought he was better than McKelvin in preaseason?

4 132 Derek Fine TE - Injured, now back

5 147 Alvin Bowen LB - Injured, not coming back

6 179 Xavier Omon RB - Inactive?

7 219 Demetrius Bell T - @sshole father

7 224 Steve Johnson WR - Hit-n-run, blamed Marshawn

7 251 Kennard Cox DB - Didn't make it

Pretty much agree, McKelvin looked GREAT in pre-season returning kicks...what happened??

Hardy, I think...will come around, the dude has fantastic size, he just needs to get a mean streak..I agree with the timid statement. Corner looked really good in pre-season, as did Steve Johnson I thought. Too early still, but I'm concerned....

Leo Mc looks sharp and runs real smooth, I plan on seeing alot more of him as the year progresses.

I watched Lee Evans runs pregame routes in Miami and Hardy right after. Lee looked smooth as glass running routes and Hardy looked like frankenstein running routes. It wasn't even close, like Jr. High and College grad different.

Ellis needs to be naked out there, otherwise he can't standout.

Fine is standing in a long, unemployed line of TE's.

Bowen is goin, goin, gone.

Omon is nomon.

D. Bell is a big boy and got a big thumbs up from the coaches for working and listening (I got that from the horses mouth)

Johnson can run better than Hardy ( though anyone but Frankenstein can as well).

Cox got boxed.

I say we just cut'em all. I agree and I'm very confident that 7 games is more then enough time to make this decision. While we're at it we should get rid of Poz. I mean come on, 0 int's and 0 sacks in 10 games!!!! What a joke.

Oh wait, aren't we supposed to like Poz because he reminds us of Conlan and Speilman?

I say we just cut'em all. I agree and I'm very confident that 7 games is more then enough time to make this decision. While we're at it we should get rid of Poz. I mean come on, 0 int's and 0 sacks. What a joke.

See, that's the spirit! While we're at it, I'm growing less and less fond of this Lynch character.

Leo Mc looks sharp and runs real smooth, I plan on seeing alot more of him as the year progresses.

I watched Lee Evans runs pregame routes in Miami and Hardy right after. Lee looked smooth as glass running routes and Hardy looked like frankenstein running routes. It wasn't even close, like Jr. High and College grad different.

Ellis needs to be naked out there, otherwise he can't standout.

Fine is standing in a long, unemployed line of TE's.

Bowen is goin, goin, gone.

Omon is nomon.

D. Bell is a big boy and got a big thumbs up from the coaches for working and listening (I got that from the horses mouth)

Johnson can run better than Hardy ( though anyone but Frankenstein can as well).

Cox got boxed.

5-9 and 6-5. I'm sure they did look different running routes.

no, i like the potential. wide receivers rarely produce anything the first year. mckelvin was not that bad of a pick-look at what everyone picked after him has produce this year. maybe talib or avery would have been better but the others have not impressed. omon has potential, give it a couple years

no, i like the potential. wide receivers rarely produce anything the first year. mckelvin was not that bad of a pick-look at what everyone picked after him has produce this year. maybe talib or avery would have been better but the others have not impressed. omon has potential, give it a couple years

How about the two receivers drafted after Hardy, namely Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson? They don't seem to be having trouble producing this year. Oh, I forgot, Jackson is too short.

I say we just cut'em all. I agree and I'm very confident that 7 games is more then enough time to make this decision. While we're at it we should get rid of Poz. I mean come on, 0 int's and 0 sacks in 10 games!!!! What a joke.

Oh wait, aren't we supposed to like Poz because he reminds us of Conlan and Speilman?

I agree with your point to a certain extent. Some players take longer to develop than others. I do think however, that there is reason for concern. Many other wrs and cbs taken after Hardy and McKelvin have looked very good. In addition, the previous two drafts classes showed they were nfl ready a lot faster than this years group.

How about the two receivers drafted after Hardy, namely Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson? They don't seem to be having trouble producing this year. Oh, I forgot, Jackson is too short.

Ask yourself this question. Would D Jackson or E. Royal be on the field much in a Bills uniform before Reed injury? Its safe to say NO. Also, the Bills would never run that style offense never they are way to conserveative.

you could argue that desean has had more immediate impact and probably will be better long term, i agree. will be interesting to see if he cand hold up for 16 games and play in the cold

You're right, they rarely produce anything the first year. It's way too early to tell.

Thing is, a very large amount of those guys who didn't produce anything in the first year go on to not produce anything in their second and third year also, and are finally categorized as busts.

I see a lot of people saying that it's the first year and that therefore we don't need to worry. Worry!!! A bad first year doesn't mean a guy will be a failure. It also definitely doesn't mean he will be a success.

Okay you win, but by your rational a guy like Plaxico Burress who was drafted #8 overall and had only 22 REC in his rookie year should have been worse then Sylvester Morris who was drafted lower yet he had 48 Rec. in his rookie year. Or even Dennis Northcutt who had his 39 rec in his rookie year.

Do you see now how absolutely ridiculous it is to judge a WR in his rookie year. I don't feel like doing anymore leg work but I can assure that there are a lot more examples that support my argument.

Oh wait! Does it help my argument that they too are shorter then the guy drafted ahead of them? Morris 6'2, Northcutt 5'11 and Plax is 6'5.

People that are down on ANY rookie from this class need to get a grip. It's been 7 freaking games people!!!!

completely agree. Way too much pressure on hardy right now. The guy is still raw , but I love what I hear about his intensity and work ethic. He will come around.

Okay you win, but by your rational a guy like Plaxico Burress who was drafted #8 overall and had only 22 REC in his rookie year should have been worse then Sylvester Morris who was drafted lower yet he had 48 Rec. in his rookie year. Or even Dennis Northcutt who had his 39 rec in his rookie year.

Do you see now how absolutely ridiculous it is to judge a WR in his rookie year. I don't feel like doing anymore leg work but I can assure that there are a lot more examples that support my argument.

You are absolutely right that it can take time for WRs to develop--Eric Moulds springs immediately to mind--and we certainly should not write off Hardy yet. (I can also think of at least one rookie WR, the guy TB drafted a couple years ago out of LSU, who was great his rookie year and a total washout thereafter, but that's pretty rare.)

On the other hand, it's not a good sign that Hardy has done little despite injuries to the WR corps that should have given him a greater opportunity to make some noise. It's also a bit more troubling in light of the fact that three other rookie WRs drafted in round 2, including two selected after Hardy, have made major and immediate impacts for their teams. And you have to admit, after the pathetic performance of the Bills' offence last year, the Bills had to have been looking for a rookie WR who could help immediately.

How about giving these guys more than half a season to demonstrate themselves? For all we know, McKelvin may develop into a top flight CB. And expecting Hardy to pull an Anquan Boldin is absurd. Rarely are rookies immediate impact players, save for perhaps the RB position which is based more on instinct.

There are star players in the league right now who weren't Pro Bowlers their rookie season. The draft is about 2-3 years down the road anyway. Getting production out of rookies is a bonus.

Heck, the 2006 class still doesn't have three complete seasons, and some of those players are still developing.

You're right, they rarely produce anything the first year. It's way too early to tell.

Thing is, a very large amount of those guys who didn't produce anything in the first year go on to not produce anything in their second and third year also, and are finally categorized as busts.

I see a lot of people saying that it's the first year and that therefore we don't need to worry. Worry!!! A bad first year doesn't mean a guy will be a failure. It also definitely doesn't mean he will be a success.

Michael Clayton WR, TB

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelclayton/...le?id=CLA806359

Lol. You would rather "worry" about all our young talent halfway into their rookie years instead of be optimistic and excited for what they can bring to our team? Sad, sad, fan.