Restaurant closed after dead deer found in kitchen

BillsWatch

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20081027/D9431CDG1.html

Health officials shut down a suburban Buffalo restaurant after an inspector found employees butchering a dead deer inside the business. Erie County Health Department officials said they got a tip Friday about a dead deer in the China King restaurant in the town of Hamburg, just south of Buffalo.

I have eaten at that restaurant. No objections to deer meat but a lot of objections to restaurant butchering game especially when they do not serve wild game.

The message on the restaurant's answering machine Monday says it was closed because of "family emergencies."

Emergency of family paying fines yes. :wallbash:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wallbash:

There's some places in the southern tier of WNY, that this wouldn't surprise me, but in Hamburg at a Chinese restaurant?

Wow....

I usually prefer Cat but I'd try the Deer. Just make sure it's in the buffet

I had Venison at a fancy restaurant in Basel, Switzerland once. It was more tasty than the best roast beef I have ever had.

At least it's not Satriale's Pork Store in New Jersey.

I had Venison at a fancy restaurant in Basel, Switzerland once. It was more tasty than the best roast beef I have ever had.

At least it's not Satriale's Pork Store in New Jersey.

Farm raised venison is probably some of the best meat I've cooked or ate. Not so sure about the wild deer meat though. Good for sausages but tough and gamey for other uses.

Farm raised venison is probably some of the best meat I've cooked or ate. Not so sure about the wild deer meat though. Good for sausages but tough and gamey for other uses.

There are alot of variables, one of the biggest being what they have been eating. I was raised on venison. I think I may just have to drive up to Hamburg and give this China King a try.

In my opinion there is no better meat than Southern Tier Whitetail venison. I go back every year to hunt and bring back two full coolers of venison. I hunt in Cattaragus Cty on a 1200 acre dairy farm. The deer there eat very well between alfalfa, corn and apples from the old orchards there. There truly is no 'gamey' flavor. I grill it just like you would a steak and rub it with Montreal Steak seasoning. I've had a 100% success rate with family and friends who said they don't like it.

I also hunt here locally on Camp Pendleton. The local deer are a bit gamey because of their diet of artillery shells and gunpowder. Just kidding. :P They are a bit gamey because of the sage and scrub diet they eat, but are tasty none the less.

We are actually supposed to be on our third week of hunting here, but the opener has been delayed the past two weekends because of the high fire danger rating. Hopefully this weekend it cools off.

Anyway Chef, if you're ever interested in some venison, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Sorry Captain Literal. Haven't you heard of comedic license?

Jack-ASS!!

BTW, there's a Chinese Buffet place here that has sushi too. :P

Aren't you a lttle too young to be going to a Chinese buffet restaurant?

Oh, a tip for the future, the TRUTH is funny. Broad comedy that relies on stereotypes and confuses Japenese with Chinese is so yesterday...not smart comedy, at all. What are you, some kinda Polak, or something?

Aren't you a lttle too young to be going to a Chinese buffet restaurant?

Oh, a tip for the future, the TRUTH is funny. Broad comedy that relies on stereotypes and confuses Japenese with Chinese is so yesterday...not smart comedy, at all. What are you, some kinda Polak, or something?

:flip off: