why didn't we hammer pennington

fakeeyed

I said the same thing to my son during the game. Annihalate him every time he lined up outside. Put Mitchell over him once or twice and light him up.

yeah lets take our best LB away from the LOS and have him plant the QB lined up as a decoy that would most likely land a 15 yard penalty.

You can bump the WR off the line but you cant "annihilate" him for standing there. Unnecessary roughness would surely be called.

yeah lets take our best LB away from the LOS and have him plant the QB lined up as a decoy that would most likely land a 15 yard penalty.

You can bump the WR off the line but you cant "annihilate" him for standing there. Unnecessary roughness would surely be called.

I will continue to preach that one of the main reasons for the loss was not putting any heat on a QB with a long history of getting rattled and folding when you hit him.

Such a hit is not done for that play. It's done for every play that comes after it.

I wouldn't mind taking a couple of 15-yarders when it means that Chadwick's va-jay-jay is hurting and he doesn't want to be out on the field the rest of the day.

You take liberties with the opposing team's QB you can expect liberties will be taken with yours.

GO BILLS!!!

You mean like getting concussed or getting free shots like on that pass to Evans?

Here's a news flash. Other teams already take liberties on our QB. Time we put notice that we'll do the same damn thing.

Forget Pennington...we couldn't even stop the guy carrying the ball. I'm not sure why that was such a difficult thing to do. It's not like they didn't know what was about to happen. Frustrating as hell.

27 carries for 52 yards isn't being stopped?

I kept hearing from analysts all year that one way to stop the wildcat is to kick the sh"t out of the quarterback when he lines up out wide. The QB is fair game to get his ass kicked on these plays. Miami won't run that play again if Pennington goes to the sideline limping.

I thought the Bills were going to be the team to change that. Then I watch as our CBs let Pennington push them out of the way or run past him. Hell, I even saw Donte get wrecked by Pennington! You can argue that the NFL rumor of juicing was completely wrong by watching that replay.

But really, why didn't Pennington get blown up? As a defender, don't they relish plays where they can have a free hit on the QB? My only guess is the coaches feel like they would be wasting a defender on a play like that. But what about when they run to the other side? Or can't you hit the guy, get up and still have time to make a play on Ronnie or Ricky?

I will continue to preach that one of the main reasons for the loss was not putting any heat on a QB with a long history of getting rattled and folding when you hit him.

Such a hit is not done for that play. It's done for every play that comes after it.

I wouldn't mind taking a couple of 15-yarders when it means that Chadwick's va-jay-jay is hurting and he doesn't want to be out on the field the rest of the day.

You mean like getting concussed or getting free shots like on that pass to Evans?

Here's a news flash. Other teams already take liberties on our QB. Time we put notice that we'll do the same damn thing.

Are you suggesting that a legal hit while in the pocket is the same as hitting the QB split wide when he doesn't have the ball?

I'm all for giving notice to the other team as well. But let's do it while rushing the passer instead of the p*ssy way.

GO BILLS!!!

Are you suggesting that a legal hit while in the pocket is the same as hitting the QB split wide when he doesn't have the ball?

I'm all for giving notice to the other team as well. But let's do it while rushing the passer instead of the p*ssy way.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't see how this is a puss*y way of dong it. They are playing a bush league type of offense, and their lining their QB up as a WR. He's TRYING to block, and on these plays he is not a QB he is a WR. He needs to get hit, and hit hard. I don't see how this is illegal, immoral, whatever you want to call it, and I don't see how it would be a 15 yarder. WR get blown up all the time for trying to block a CB. Chad should have been hit.

GO BILLS!!!

This is not a politically correct exercise with panning and pawing about 'measured response.'

In my purview, when it comes to any QB, but especially Chadwick, a hit is a hit. As stated, and as historically proven with CP, you need to hit him to get him off his game.

I really don't care where it comes or who it comes from or if it's legal or not. They put him anywhere but behind an OL, they'd better be ready for any consequences that come. You may call hitting 'the p---y way', I call it football. It's called sending a message that the nancy sh-- stops NOW, and we're gonna roll right over you on the way to next week. We lack fire and grit; we try to do things with finesse and scheme rather than a punch to the mouth --- we haven't seen that kind of Buffalo spirit since Sam Gash and Spielman/Paup. We also haven't seen the playoffs since those days. Coincidence?

We need to start knocking people on their asses and stop apologizing for making people's bodies hurt.

a good bump everytime he lined up wide would have certainly made a difference in his performance. not that it would have changed anything...it just killed me seeing CP out there and not getting tossed to the ground.

This is not a politically correct exercise with panning and pawing about 'measured response.'

In my purview, when it comes to any QB, but especially Chadwick, a hit is a hit. As stated, and as historically proven with CP, you need to hit him to get him off his game.

I really don't care where it comes or who it comes from or if it's legal or not. They put him anywhere but behind an OL, they'd better be ready for any consequences that come. You may call hitting 'the p---y way', I call it football. It's called sending a message that the nancy sh-- stops NOW, and we're gonna roll right over you on the way to next week. We lack fire and grit; we try to do things with finesse and scheme rather than a punch to the mouth --- we haven't seen that kind of Buffalo spirit since Sam Gash and Spielman/Paup. We also haven't seen the playoffs since those days. Coincidence?

We need to start knocking people on their asses and stop apologizing for making people's bodies hurt.

Ok, Mr. Hayes!

How should we do it when he's lined up at WR? Would a nice two-armed chuck at the LOS suffice? Or, if he IS in the act of blocking, should we just concentrate on letting the defender, whoever that is, forget about ball pursuit and just knock the piss out of him? What's the correct way of shedding the dreaded CP block? Should the defender, whoever that is, do it the usual way or do we cook up something special because it's the QB out there blocking? Who lines up across from him when they are in their Wing-T? An LB? A DL? A SS? Tell me, which tackler do we take away from the pursuit of a FAR FAR more explosive offensive weapon in the form of Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams to devote to teaching CP a lesson?

Knocking him on his ass when he's trying to throw the ball goes a HELL of a lot farther than a shot at him while he's not involved in a play run out of a Wing-T formation.

GO BILLS!!!

when you're looking at chad pennington lined up as a wr, why didnt we knock the crap out of him at the line? bump him, he'll hit the ground. EVERY TIME THEY RUN IT.

why did we not do this?

we should have hammered him because he's a dork with an attitude, a stupid haircut and redneck accent. what more reasons do we need?