We move now to Texas-Texas Tech

buckeyemike

This game will be a good one. It's in Lubbock Saturday night...top-ranked Texas against #7 Texas Tech. National television. ESPN Gameday headed to Tech for the first time.

I think that Tech could prevail in this one. Their offense is always fun to watch, and their defense, while not world-class, seems to be better than it has been in previous years.

55,000 Red Raiders fans throwing tortillas at Bluefire...should be fun. :thumbsup:

This game will be a good one. It's in Lubbock Saturday night...top-ranked Texas against #7 Texas Tech. National television. ESPN Gameday headed to Tech for the first time.

I think that Tech could prevail in this one. Their offense is always fun to watch, and their defense, while not world-class, seems to be better than it has been in previous years.

55,000 Red Raiders fans throwing tortillas at Bluefire...should be fun. :sick:

I really do not think they could win due to the advantage Texas has on defense, however, with that being said, this will be Texas' 1st game in a true hostile environment. Should be a good one.

:P Sadly, I won't be attending the game in Lubbock.

Still, while I'm fairly confident the Horns are going to win, I know for sure that if they don't come out and play to the best of their ability that they'll lose. Texas Tech has an excellent team that plays to the weakness in the Horns' defense.

YES! YES!

Penn State is NOW going to be #2 in the land! ALL RIGHT RED RAIDERS!!!

Edit: hoo doggie they play big boy football down there in Tay-hass.

If Texas tech runs the table there is no way Penn St should be ranked ahead of them in the BCS. Have you seen their next 2 games coming up? Okie ST(who is playing about as well as anybody) & @ Oklahoma. Plus, the Big 12 championship. If their is 3 undefeated football teams at the end of the year(Penn St, Bama, & Texas Tech) Penn St should be left out of the championship series due to their schedule. I know Texas Tech's out of conference schedule was even more of a joke then Penn St's but the Big 12 schedule more then made up for a weak OOC schedule imo.

Whats that old Bill Parcells saying about losing a game for every rook you start? Well, our freshman dropped the game winning INT. :rolleyes:

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Tech jumped Penn State for the #2 slot.

I agree, I do not know how he dropped that ball. I really feel bad for Mccoy, guy was a warrior out there again last night. Best game I have seen in years. I would not totally rule Texas out either for the NC just yet. If the last few years have taught us anything, it is that some crazy stuff happens in November.

If Texas tech runs the table there is no way Penn St should be ranked ahead of them in the BCS. Have you seen their next 2 games coming up? Okie ST(who is playing about as well as anybody) & @ Oklahoma. Plus, the Big 12 championship. If their is 3 undefeated football teams at the end of the year(Penn St, Bama, & Texas Tech) Penn St should be left out of the championship series due to their schedule. I know Texas Tech's out of conference schedule was even more of a joke then Penn St's but the Big 12 schedule more then made up for a weak OOC schedule imo.

That's assuming all 3 come out undefeated

Given PSUs remaining schedule, that's a fairly safe assumption

Alabama still has to get thru LSU next week and the SEC title game, most likely against Florida

Like you said, TT still has OU, Ok St, and if they get by both of those the Big 12 title game

That's assuming all 3 come out undefeated

Given PSUs remaining schedule, that's a fairly safe assumption

Alabama still has to get thru LSU next week and the SEC title game, most likely against Florida

Like you said, TT still has OU, Ok St, and if they get by both of those the Big 12 title game

I think Penn State finishes unbeaten. Alabama won't because of LSU and/or Florida.

Tech now should control their own destiny. If they run the table (and that's a tall order), then the Red Raiders should play for the national championship. They have to go to Norman, though. Although they beat Oklahoma last year, I just don't see it happening. And don't forget Oklahoma State next week; the Cowboys are perfectly capable of tripping up Texas Tech.

That was one heck of a game last night. The finish was unbelievable. :rolleyes:

I think Penn State finishes unbeaten. Alabama won't because of LSU and/or Florida.

From your keyboard to the sports pundits and prognosticators ears. There was no way Bama was going to win against Clemson and GA. How did that work out?

I would love for Bama to roll into both games as the underdogs. It would take some pressure off the team.

Guest Guest_gordio_*
New BCS Standings...Alabama #1, Texas Tech #2, Penn State #3.

Alabama and Texas Tech now control their own destinies. This is the first time the Tide's been #1 in the regular season since 1980, and it's Texas Tech's highest ranking ever.

Well, I could not say I did not see this one coming. It is pretty obvious that Penn St does not control there destiny. I think the BCS has right. If Alabama & TT win out they should play for the national championship.

Do not fret PSU fans. My guess is that at least one of these teams will falter & possibly both teams with their schedules. Take care of your business & my guess is you guys will be playing in Miami for the NC.

Agreed, but the judgment 'bout whether they should leapfrog PENN STATE should be AFTER they run the table (if they do), not 'cause of one win.

If they run the table, they deserve to play for the national title and this will be yet another unbeaten, untied year for JoePa w/out a national title (should PENN STATE win out, that is). It's nothing new to him.

Agreed, but the judgment 'bout whether they should leapfrog PENN STATE should be AFTER they run the table (if they do), not 'cause of one win.

If they run the table, they deserve to play for the national title and this will be yet another unbeaten, untied year for JoePa w/out a national title (should PENN STATE win out, that is). It's nothing new to him.

I doubt TT runs the table, too many tough teams left on the schedule. My guess is if Bama & Penn St are the only undefeated teams left, the pollsters will do everything in their power to make sure a one loss team like Texas/Oklahoma/USC do not jump a unbeaten Penn St. You want to see all hell breaking lose, can you imagine if that happened?

Heres a good question. If 1 or 0 teams finish unbeaten (realistic possibility), which one of the 1-loss teams gets in to the title game as the top 1 or 2?

I feel if there are 0 undefeated teams this much we could rule out. Alabama/Penn St(loss too close to the end of the season). If it bama loses also my guess is that it will be against florida in the sec championship. That vaults florida ahead of bama. Penn St has no margin for error given their joke of a conference this year & joke of a schedule. A one loss texas team could get in but it would take imo Texas tech losing 2 games. Can not vault Texas ahead of tech if they are both one loss teams because tech beat them. You could say the same thing about oklahoma. That eliminates a one loss big 12 team. cant really vault USC over Penn St since USC loss to Oregon St & Penn St drilled OSU.

From this logic, there is only one conclusion that I could come up with. If their are no BCS undefeated teams, the NC should be Utah vs Ball St.

I feel if there are 0 undefeated teams this much we could rule out. Alabama/Penn St(loss too close to the end of the season). If it bama loses also my guess is that it will be against florida in the sec championship. That vaults florida ahead of bama. Penn St has no margin for error given their joke of a conference this year & joke of a schedule. A one loss texas team could get in but it would take imo Texas tech losing 2 games. Can not vault Texas ahead of tech if they are both one loss teams because tech beat them. You could say the same thing about oklahoma. That eliminates a one loss big 12 team. cant really vault USC over Penn St since USC loss to Oregon St & Penn St drilled OSU.

From this logic, there is only one conclusion that I could come up with. If their are no BCS undefeated teams, the NC should be Utah vs Ball St.

I dont care what should happen, but if the top 3 all lose a game, hell, even if 2 lose a game, you know USC will undeservedly find some way into the national championship.

I dont care what should happen, but if the top 3 all lose a game, hell, even if 2 lose a game, you know USC will undeservedly find some way into the national championship.

I am not so sure about that. I really think if there are a bunch of one loss teams, that the NC is going to be made up of nthe winner of the Big 12 & SEC championship game - Florida/Alabama vs Texas/Texas tech/Oklahoma.

Don't discount Urban's knack for campaigning his way into the title game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.