Trent - Crashing back to earth....

AnthonyF

After last week and the superlatives heaped on Trent, today was a reality check. He has played very well this year, but not super. He only has 5 TD passes, 4 Ints and a # of fumbles. Today he did seem somewhat lost, and you wonder where the receivers were as there were few balls thrown to open receivers.

Again I'd love to see a definitive 300 yard game and 3 TDs....

BTW Ted Ginn was wide open the entire day..... Oops and Chad Pennington put up better #'s much like I posted last week when I commented on how bad SD's defense is (btw Brees had well over 300 vs. SD today too), so the SD game may be one you take with a grain of salt.

Anyone else listen to Schopp and the Bulldog try and dismiss the game and Trent's play as "no big deal" Let's pretend it was JP at QB.... What would have been the consensus?

Not a good game in many respects and hope the Bills and TE learn something.....

After last week and the superlatives heaped on Trent, today was a reality check. He has played very well this year, but not super. He only has 5 TD passes, 4 Ints and a # of fumbles. Today he did seem somewhat lost, and you wonder where the receivers were as there were few balls thrown to open receivers.

Again I'd love to see a definitive 300 yard game and 3 TDs....

BTW Ted Ginn was wide open the entire day..... Oops and Chad Pennington put up better #'s much like I posted last week when I commented on how bad SD's defense is (btw Brees had well over 300 vs. SD today too), so the SD game may be one you take with a grain of salt.

Anyone else listen to Schopp and the Bulldog try and dismiss the game and Trent's play as "no big deal" Let's pretend it was JP at QB.... What would have been the consensus?

Not a good game in many respects and hope the Bills and TE learn something.....

We would say, he had a bad game but he has help us get to 5-2, oh wait that has never happened, nevermind then....

Trent did come crashing to earth today...it was bound to happen, but I'd rather it had happened against a non-division opponent.

Games like this are good for someone like him. It keeps his head from getting any bigger and makes him re-focus. He will bounce back.

TE wasn;t fully on point today but he wasn't bad either. Aside from his disastrous and inexplicable fumble that cost the Bills the game, I thought he played well enough to win. All we can hope for as fans is he learns to stay low on QB sneaks for 1st downs and never ever throws to Robert Royal again. Let's all deface the Royal's whatever sign at the Ralph before the game next week, because he shouldn't be on the Bills's roster.

Games like this are good for someone like him. It keeps his head from getting any bigger and makes him re-focus. He will bounce back.

Someone like him? What does that mean?

A loss is never a good thing, but it should serve as a wake-up call to the entire team.

Someone like him? What does that mean?

A loss is never a good thing, but it should serve as a wake-up call to the entire team.

What I meant was it's good for a young player that has experienced a decent amount of success and begins to get a lot of attention/accolades from the media. Not saying Trent would do this, but should a player begin to think that things are coming easy, he can look at this game and understand that NOTHING is easy. This loss should be motivating for Trent.

And yes, this loss should also be a wake-up call for the entire team. I never said it shouldn't.

What you call Trent "sucking" was Trent getting crushed because our O-line is still awful. One INT: Trent is hit as he's throwing. One fumble - Trent is blindsided. Another fumble - Trent made the mistake of sticking the ball out where it could get batted out of his hands.

The Trent I saw was moving this team down the field with his passes. If it weren't for him we'd have zero offense.

PTR

What you call Trent "sucking" was Trent getting crushed because our O-line is still awful. One INT: Trent is hit as he's throwing. One fumble - Trent is blindsided. Another fumble - Trent made the mistake of sticking the ball out where it could get batted out of his hands.

The Trent I saw was moving this team down the field with his passes. If it weren't for him we'd have zero offense.

PTR

Different game buddy..... Moving the ball down the field???? He was inconsistent, made a number of bad decisions and again did not put up a ton of points. No he was not terrible, just not very good and the result was a loss against a division foe. I was not impressed today.

Different game buddy..... Moving the ball down the field???? He was inconsistent, made a number of bad decisions and again did not put up a ton of points. No he was not terrible, just not very good and the result was a loss against a division foe. I was not impressed today.

I don't know what game you were watching. Please describe some of these "bad decisions" Trent made. I can't think of one, unless you call getting slammed as you throw the ball or fumbling after getting blindsided a bad decision.

PTR

I don't know what game you were watching. Please describe some of these "bad decisions" Trent made. I can't think of one, unless you call getting slammed as you throw the ball or fumbling after getting blindsided a bad decision.

PTR

Please. Trent held the ball in the end zone way too long. Take another look. You can't friggin stand back there like you're on the 50 yard line. He had time to throw it. He didn't. He threw passes in the dirt, threw into coverage, got sacked another time when holding the ball a long time and had 3 turnovers. Yeah, the safety is a turnover. A bad one.

He's a good QB, but if we're going to crucify other QBs on this board for doing the same thing, then Trent deserves the same treatment. He played his worst ever good weather game today. He was bad. Period. Several players were bad. Now let's take it out on the Jets next week.

I wouldn't say he made bad decisions, other than holding the ball out trying to get the first, but there wasn't much consistancy all game. He's show moments of the TE play of earlier weeks, then throw at a guys feet like he was doing last year particually early in the game. Often like the pass to Hardy that was out of bounds, his throws were off a bit. Is that a bad decision, no, but just wasn't very sharp.

All in all I agree with Anthony, he wasn't moving the ball up and down the field. And even when he did get them moving somewhat, he couldn't get them in the end zone like ealier weeks and instead had to take a field goal.