Newest Penn St fan here

Ramius

Dont get me wrong, i'm not on the bandwagon. If JoePa isn't going to retire with a national championship, then :rolleyes: penn state. Either way, it doesn't matter. You guys will probably lose against mich st.

Michigan State...Really? REALLY? Come on now, Ramius, you're smarter than that.

I really hope Penn State's choke job doesn't open the door to let Florida squeak their way into the BCS championship game...

If Florida gets in the National Title they are not going to squeek thru anything. Since they lost to Ole Miss, they have been the best team in the country, blowing out LSU & Georgia. If they are fortunate enough to get in the National Championship, that would mean they would still have to beat #1 ranked Alabama in the SEC championship & also beat your Seminoles in Tallahassee. Sorry, if they do accomplish this, they will earn a trip to the NC. Do not let your hatred for the Gators cloud your vision.

If Florida gets in the National Title they are not going to squeek thru anything. Since they lost to Ole Miss, they have been the best team in the country, blowing out LSU & Georgia. If they are fortunate enough to get in the National Championship, that would mean they would still have to beat #1 ranked Alabama in the SEC championship & also beat your Seminoles in Tallahassee. Sorry, if they do accomplish this, they will earn a trip to the NC. Do not let your hatred for the Gators cloud your vision.

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with my hatred for the Gators. If they run the table and belong in the BCS Championship game, then I won't say anything. It's when they campaign and piss and moan their way into the National Championship game that frustrates me.

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with my hatred for the Gators. If they run the table and belong in the BCS Championship game, then I won't say anything. It's when they campaign and piss and moan their way into the National Championship game that frustrates me.

Whenever there is a team on the outside looking in, their coaches usually piss & moan to the media. Pete Caroll has been bitching this year ever since he figured out that even if his Trojans win out, they are not going to be playing for the NC. Mack Brown did it a few years ago @ Texas to get his team into a BCS game, jumping a more deserving Cal team to play in the Rose Bowl. Just the nature of the game.

My point is, the way it is setup there is noway Florida can back into the NC like they did a few years ago. If they get in there this time, they are going to earn it on the field by beating FSU & Alabama. If Florida runs the table, their resume will consist of wins against Miami, LSU, Georgia, Fl St & Alabama. I think any team in the country would have a tough time having a more impressive resume then that.

This Buckeye isn't a Florida lover but the Gators don't need to piss and moan. Alabama almost lost to an LSU team that got blasted by the Gators. If Florida takes the Tide, I don't think the pollsters should deny Florida. Texas Tech seems to be the team that has the mojo going and the least national hatred!

Whenever there is a team on the outside looking in, their coaches usually piss & moan to the media. Pete Caroll has been bitching this year ever since he figured out that even if his Trojans win out, they are not going to be playing for the NC. Mack Brown did it a few years ago @ Texas to get his team into a BCS game, jumping a more deserving Cal team to play in the Rose Bowl. Just the nature of the game.

My point is, the way it is setup there is noway Florida can back into the NC like they did a few years ago. If they get in there this time, they are going to earn it on the field by beating FSU & Alabama. If Florida runs the table, their resume will consist of wins against Miami, LSU, Georgia, Fl St & Alabama. I think any team in the country would have a tough time having a more impressive resume then that.

And I already said that if they run the table and belong in the BCS Championship game, then I won't say anything. I just don't like to see teams campaigning their way into the title game. Get there on the strength of your play - don't stub your toe early in the season and hope for help in the polls.

And I already said that if they run the table and belong in the BCS Championship game, then I won't say anything. I just don't like to see teams campaigning their way into the title game. Get there on the strength of your play - don't stub your toe early in the season and hope for help in the polls.

Well, like I said, if they win out they will not need to campaign for anything, they are in imo. Texas & Oklahoma are the ones that are going to have to do a little campaigning.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.