The Harp bar on Causeway Street in Boston

Billzfan23

Anybody ever see the games at this bar? It's supposed to be the Boston Bills Backers club. I was thinking of going there as I live in Boston. What is the place like? I just got back from Buffalo, saw the Bills/Chargers game on Sunday. Wacky stuff with the power there!

-Thor

I went there for several years when I lived in Boston.

Usually gets a good (albeit fairweather... when the team is mediocre, nobody shows up) crowd, so get there at noon or sooner for a 1pm start.

Food is horrible, though. Be prepared for "America's Worst Sandwich" at halftime, soggy wings and a terrible third dish (usually some crappy pasta... although one time four or five years ago they DID break out Swedish meatballs, which were fantastic). Last time I was there while visiting friends, the menu had been reduced as well, and the quality of the food had suffered immensely.

I went there for several years when I lived in Boston.

Usually gets a good (albeit fairweather... when the team is mediocre, nobody shows up) crowd, so get there at noon or sooner for a 1pm start.

Food is horrible, though. Be prepared for "America's Worst Sandwich" at halftime, soggy wings and a terrible third dish (usually some crappy pasta... although one time four or five years ago they DID break out Swedish meatballs, which were fantastic). Last time I was there while visiting friends, the menu had been reduced as well, and the quality of the food had suffered immensely.

You're complaining about free food? You don't go to the Harp for haute cuisine, you go there to be with hundreds of screaming Bills fans...and the draft beer selection is pretty good too.

PTR

I went there quite a few time in the last 5 years. The place usually rock! A lot of Bills fans go there to watch the game. The food menu has gotten better the last two years. Beer is usually good and waitresses are friendly. At half time they bring out free wings, subs, and pasta, but there usually is a long line. Prices are reasonable. If you have never been there, you should go at least once to experience it.

You're complaining about free food? You don't go to the Harp for haute cuisine, you go there to be with hundreds of screaming Bills fans...and the draft beer selection is pretty good too.

PTR

Last week they did not serve the mile long sandwhich/sub - they did wraps instead. Food has improved - but who goes to the Harp for food? You go for the game and beer and good friends. And yes, there are plenty of good looking chicks @ the Harp.

Sorry Boston; but Buffalo has hotter chicks.

The Harp is great for the games. Literally, hundreds of Bills fans. Get there early if you want to get a seat. There is always standing room. It's an experience a Bills fan should not miss on a trip to Boston.

Dont even bother with the wings. If you are from the Buffalo/Rochester area you wont appreciate them. I grew up in Rochester, and Ive never found a wing outside of upstate new york that is up to par. But if you are a native of upstate, nothing compares.

my old stomping grounds...ahhh do i miss this place, actually got to go there for the jacksonville and oakland games. i enjoy sitting while watching the game so we get there early and get a good table. definitely a fair weather crowd (remember some late season games when it was pretty dead) but since things are good now, it's crazy. for a bills fan in boston i think it is a must to catch the games at the harp. (insider tip - the blonde waitress with the glasses is the best, sit at her table if possible)

fyi - it's a restaurant so you don't have to be 21, we avoided the place in college because we didn't think we could get in.

side note - when things are good the "talent" is usually pretty good, nice viewing during commercials...

If you are thinking of going this Sunday, get there early. It is *always* insane for Miami games. I wouldn't get there any later than 11:30 am if you want a seat.

I miss the days when Jimmy Johnson coached the Dolphins and everyone would scream PORK FACED SATAN everytime the camera was on his pudgy mug.

What happened?

EndZoneCrew,

I was referring to the power being out on Sunday at the game. We were sitting about 20 rows down from the scoreboard, and it was off much of the game as well as the PA system. The officials were keeping the game clock and time on the field, although a couple of times the play clock was working while the scoreboard was still off. Apparently there were some helium balloons that got caught on some important electrical wires and that caused the whole problem. It was a great day to tailgate - we stayed till about 6:30 PM just playing football in one of the dirt lots...