Hate

he you gotta chose one for all, mr bandwagon jumper! One day you're all Rays, the next all Yanks...

Anyway with a couple of friends (all Red Sox fans, i know how to chose my friends!) we hope to go to Florida for spring training one of those next Marchs... It'll not be next one but maybe for 2010... i'll keep you informed!

And till then if you cross the pond just tell me.. i'll forget about you curious dubious political and baseball choices after a couple of bottles!

:thumbsup:

No. No. No. I am and will always be a Yankees fan number one. I'm from New York , so I grew up a Yankees fan, Sabers fan and a Bills fan. I have a 6 year old and a 5 year old I'm trying to raise as Rays fans. Creating the interest,love and understanding of the game is my first priority. Also trying to raise them Bucs fans as well as Lightning fans. They know where my loyalties are and they often ask me why I havent changed. I tell them be a fan for life, not a fan for a good season. :wallbash:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. No. No. I am and will always be a Yankees fan number one. I'm from New York , so I grew up a Yankees fan, Sabers fan and a Bills fan. I have a 6 year old and a 5 year old I'm trying to raise as Rays fans. Creating the interest,love and understanding of the game is my first priority. Also trying to raise them Bucs fans as well as Lightning fans. They know where my loyalties are and they often ask me why I havent changed. I tell them be a fan for life, not a fan for a good season. :thumbsup:

Not trying to be a dick or tell you how to raise your kids here, but why aren't you forcing the fear of god into them to be buffalo sports fans? we can always use new recruits. my guess you live in that area and you want your kids to be able to go to the games of their favorite teams. and perhaps you don't want your kids to feel the pain, agony, despair and hopelessness it feels to be a bills fan most of the time.

Let me fix this for you about Muslims:

Radical Muslims are Extremists, not Muslims, regardless of what their propaganda machine produces. I'll not bother debating the theology of it with you, because you'd likely not understand. But the fact is they're about as Muslim as the Moonies are.

/sarcasm off

See bud, it can go both ways. Just because the mainstream group denounces a particular radical element of their group or religion, it does not mean that they are wholly not a part of that religion anymore. Mormons do think that they are a part of Christianity, in fact that think that they are the PERFECT and most correct Christian belief system... just like every religion thinks that their belief system is the best. It is the same with Muslims and their problems with extremists. Every religion has extremist elements, but that doesn't mean that the entire relgious group is extremist. By your token, just because Mormons are "evil" doesnt mean that Christianity as a whole is evil.

Well, on South Park they said Mormonism is the one true religion, since only Mormons go to heaven. :thumbsup:

Not trying to be a dick or tell you how to raise your kids here, but why aren't you forcing the fear of god into them to be buffalo sports fans? we can always use new recruits. my guess you live in that area and you want your kids to be able to go to the games of their favorite teams. and perhaps you don't want your kids to feel the pain, agony, despair and hopelessness it feels to be a bills fan most of the time.

No worries, Mr. Dick.

We live here. So that really the biggest reason. I want them to support their hometown teams.

Nice post BTW. :thumbsup:

No worries, Mr. Dick.

We live here. So that really the biggest reason. I want them to support their hometown teams.

Nice post BTW. :thumbsup:

I hope you're not also trying to convince them they should be gay.

I got an idea, how about telling them you like the Bills, Sabres and Yankees, a lot of their neighbors like the Bucs, Lightning and Rays, and then letting the kids decide.

I am in awe of the closed mindedness on this board. I have been to the middle east and I am a christian that believes strongly in my faith but to lump all of a region/religion into the "Extremist" camp is plain ignorant.

Christians, Buddhists, Muslims and Judaism have all had their share of extremists through history, look it up. It's a never ending battle that will continue as long as the world does. I've been to Iraq also and it wasn't for pleasure, I've seen the extremists first hand and like all extremists their belief stems from a fusion of ignorance and closed mindedness. It's a battle of the witless and frightened ON BOTH SIDES OF THE LINE, a bad combo IMO. If people would stop obeying the news, politicians and silly DVD's they get in the mail and deduce what is really happening for themselves their opinions might change. The only difference between a westerner fundamentalist and a middle eastern fundamentalist is that here in the west everyone has the option and resources to think for themselves. We need to take advantage of that power and not close our minds off. This blind hate is very disappointing and discouraging to those of us that believe here in America EVERYONE has the right to believe what they want, anything else is un-american and should be unacceptable.

We should be afraid of Muslims of middle eastern origin. We should fear the Arabs in Saudi Arabia and the Shia Persians in Iran. Why? They allow themselves to live in muslim theocracies that espouse the idea that westerners should be killed in the name of their religion, and seemingly don't raise their voices in disapproval.

They don't raise their voices in disapproval because those who raise a voice against the government in these theocracies/dictatorships are shot on sight.

You live in a fantasy world it is a nice thought but doesnt exist. Typical ,you didnt answer the question . There are people in the world that want you dead . Take the rose colored galsses off and answer the question ,What would you do about people that want you dead?

I would not do anything about people that want me dead. I would not travel into their neck of the woods, where those people might actually kill me. And yes, I know you're going to respond with the people who died in September 11...but hey, on the absolutely miniscule microscopic chance that I am killed by an Islamic person while here in America, so be it. I had a nice run.

Seriously, I am 100 times more likely to die in a car accident today than to be murdered by anybody, so why worry about people who might want you dead 5,000 miles away? I would not justify the death of thousands upon thousands of American and Iraqi troops and Iraqi civilians at the expense of killing a small faction that wants to cause destruction.

I am in awe of the closed mindedness on this board. I have been to the middle east and I am a christian that believes strongly in my faith but to lump all of a region/religion into the "Extremist" camp is plain ignorant.

Christians, Buddhists, Muslims and Judaism have all had their share of extremists through history, look it up. It's a never ending battle that will continue as long as the world does. I've been to Iraq also and it wasn't for pleasure, I've seen the extremists first hand and like all extremists their belief stems from a fusion of ignorance and closed mindedness. It's a battle of the witless and frightened ON BOTH SIDES OF THE LINE, a bad combo IMO. If people would stop obeying the news, politicians and silly DVD's they get in the mail and deduce what is really happening for themselves their opinions might change. The only difference between a westerner fundamentalist and a middle eastern fundamentalist is that here in the west everyone has the option and resources to think for themselves. We need to take advantage of that power and not close our minds off. This blind hate is very disappointing and discouraging to those of us that believe here in America EVERYONE has the right to believe what they want, anything else is un-american and should be unacceptable.

Nineteen western fundamentalists did not crash 4 airplanes.

I would not do anything about people that want me dead. I would not travel into their neck of the woods, where those people might actually kill me. And yes, I know you're going to respond with the people who died in September 11...but hey, on the absolutely miniscule microscopic chance that I am killed by an Islamic person while here in America, so be it. I had a nice run.

Seriously, I am 100 times more likely to die in a car accident today than to be murdered by anybody, so why worry about people who might want you dead 5,000 miles away? I would not justify the death of thousands upon thousands of American and Iraqi troops and Iraqi civilians at the expense of killing a small faction that wants to cause destruction.

good post! :thumbsup::wallbash:

http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_10783845

I hope historians of the Iraq War take stuff like this into account when trying to understand why we invaded. It wasn't about a "freedom agenda," it was about killing Muslims to a lot of the base. And no, I don't think Bush thought that, but a lot of his supporters sure did.

I was watching Fox News today and they had a reporter who has been reporting thoughout the streets of Iraq all week long. This is the kind of stuff you will not find in Obama kool-aid drinking NBC land. The reporter is going around in the streets talking to Iraqis and things there are amazingly normal. He was in a park today asking one of the Iraqis if he wanted the American's out and he laughed and said that he liked the Americans and hoped that they'd stay. He was using terms like "man" and "dude". Call me crazy, but when the going got tough didn't Obama and Harry Reid say that the war was lost and that we needed to bring the troops home immediately? Seems to me that the Republicans were the ones who had the "Muslim" Iraqis backs. I'm a Democrat who's glad that we had guys like McCain who refused to wave the white flag over there.

Picking out one stupid person with radical broad brush notions is just plain dumb. There's stupid people on both sides. But as far as I can tell we still have not been attacked since 911, and looks like we have won the war in Iraq. Please don't try to convince people here that the Republicans hate Muslims, they were the ones who still supported fighting for them when things were at their most bleak. BTW, I'm an American first and a Democrat second dude. McCain is the clear choice if we want to keep this country safe the next four years. I could care less if the Europeans hate us, screw them.

Ever wonder why Obama no longer talks about Iraq? He was wrong! As for the vote to go to war, given his track record of shifting his views for political reasons he most certainly would have voted for the war if he were a US Senator and not a mere Illinois State Senator at the time. This guy is a politician to the core who holds no real beliefs other than his believing he's the "change" we've all been waiting for. To me he's an empty suit making empty promises that he has no intentions of keeping.

Right. So you had a Muslim room-mate. Kudos.

I'm sorry, but try and tell a 16-year old girl who's subjugated into an arranged marraige and then abused by her erstwhile husband while all the time being forced into wearing a burka for the rest of her life about how enlightened Islam is.

Edit: And, correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't Islam imposed upon the world via military conquest?

Excuse me, but the burka is part of their religious beliefs. Women are not forced against their will to wear burkas, the great great majority do it because it represents their faith. Don't project our feminist values onto another culture just because you see their clothing as oppressive. It is part of who they are.