Hate

Huh? I don't think the Saudis are our friends. Not in the least. The only "friend" we have in that neighborhood is Israel, and even they can't be trusted.

Really? #1 One of the biggest problems the muslim extremists have is our presence in Saudi Arabia and yet the Saudi gvt. welcomes us there. #2 What has Israel done for you not to trust them. That's a strange statement. They need us a lot more then we need them. If they turned on us every islamic state would jump on that and go after Israel w/out us backing them.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Are you really that ignorant of reality? If a woman in Saudi doesn't wear the burka, she'll be flogged or worse. Your post in a nutshell displays the hypocrisy of liberal thought. On one hand, you B word and moan if someone is pro-life because it takes away a woman's "choice" but if MILLIONS of women are required, under threat of pain or death to live as virtual slaves it's because "It is part of who they are."

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberalism.

I love a good liberal B word slapping in the morning. :lol:

Speaking of wacko religious nuts:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5097155...h-in-west-bank/

Clashes between Israeli troops who intervened as Jewish settlers hurled rocks at Palestinian farmers in the West Bank left a soldier and a settler injured, the military says.

"About 10 masked settlers armed with bats hurled rocks at Palestinians who were picking olives," a military spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The incident was the latest of several such attacks in the Israeli -occupied West Bank since the olive picking season started earlier this month.

A soldier was lightly injured after troops intervened to stop the settlers in Wednesday's incident near Otniel settlement, south of Hebron, the spokeswoman said.

She said a settler was also taken to hospital with light injuries after he tried to grab a soldier's weapon.

Police and military troops were searching for the other attackers, she said.

Palestinian premier Salam Fayyad condemned what he called "settler terrorism and their barbaric actions against Palestinian farmers," after taking part in the olive harvest in a field near the West Bank city of Ramallah.

Reporters and human rights groups whose members are participating in the harvest have reported several incidents in which settlers attacked farmers picking olives from their trees close to Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

The United Nations has said that "as a military occupying power, the IDF ( Israeli Defence Forces ) is obligated to ensure public order and life in the occupied territories and the government of Israel has repeatedly committed to ensuring that Palestinian olive farmers have access to their fields."

Palestinian farmers in the West Bank "have faced incidents of crop theft, tree uprooting, harassment and physical attack," it said in a report earlier this month.

In addition, many farmers are separated from their olive groves by Israel's West Bank barrier, and need special permits to access their fields through barriers that only open at set times.

Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak on Monday lashed out at what he called "these thugs who interfere with the olive harvest which constitutes an important sector of the Palestinian economy."

In an editorial headlined "criminal neglect in the West Bank," the liberal Haaretz newspaper on Wednesday urged Barak "to enforce law and order in his jurisdiction and allocate the resources to do so."

The police and Shin Beth domestic intelligence agency "also should not tolerate settlers' shameful attacks on olive harvesters," the paper said.

I just find it so amazing how any criticism at all of the settlers in Israel is immediatly taken as support for the Holocaust.

Once again you are an anti semite ,the Holocaust wasn't mentioned. Obama is a fraud and an anti semite so are his followers .Those Burkas must turn you on.

Again, the people consent to their own government. They're the ones that overthrew the Shah in favor of radical imams.

And what their government does is irresponsible, aggressive and puts all of the Middle East at risk.

Maybe they are wary of democracy because the CIA orchestrated the overthrow of their democratic government in 1953 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat ). Now, I'm not saying I think their current regime is hunky dory, but they have a sordid history with democracy and western relations.

"Real" America is getting pretty small. The Pacific Northwest, The Northeast, The West Coast... Pretty soon "Real America" is going to be Alaska, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming, or Alutadahoming.

So now you get to determine what "Real" America is? People from largely Democratic areas aren't "Real" Americans in your opinion?

That's ok. I believe that our next President thinks of us all as "Real" Americans.

I love a good liberal B word slapping in the morning. :)

I did not get B word slapped in that comment. In fact, I am incredibly against abortion and I believe the practice is disgusting. Just because you conservatives forcibly align yourselves with every typical conservative belief doesn't mean I have to vote liberal down the line. Abortion (particularly the kind known as partial birth abortion) is stopping a human heart, it takes all rights away from the father, promotes promiscuity, and offers a cop out to a girl who made a mistake. Humans are said to be the only animal that cold bloodedly murders its own kind, and we are CERTAINLY the only species that murders our own kind in the womb. So that's what you get for saying I'm all about a woman's right to choose.

And I have a good friend who just returned from 8 months in Bangladesh where she lived in a Muslim village with a Muslim family. I asked her about a month ago and she said that if all the men decided it was ok for the women to take off their burkas, they would still wear them regardless. It IS their way of life. You are the one, Joe, who equates wearing a burka to being a virtual slave, and that is a pretty big leap.

Got to love the fearmongering from the McShame | Palin campaign...

The McCain-Palin Campaign recently sent a mailer to voters in Virginia, Missouri and other states politicizing the 9/11 attacks. The mailer, which features a large aircraft at an airport terminal, says, "Barack Obama thinks terrorists just need a good talking to."

Got to love the fearmongering from the McShame | Palin campaign...

The McCain-Palin Campaign recently sent a mailer to voters in Virginia, Missouri and other states politicizing the 9/11 attacks. The mailer, which features a large aircraft at an airport terminal, says, "Barack Obama thinks terrorists just need a good talking to."

!@#$ing fear mongers, 7 years later and the republican camp is still using 9/11 as a tactic.

They should be ashamed.

Those are two isolated and extreme cases. Of course I wouldn't want THOSE people to be President. But I also wouldn't want a Klan or Black Panthers member to be President. There are extreme examples in every race.

Do you know what black liberation theology is? The theology that Obama believes and was part of for 20 years? I'm extremely familiar with it, before there was an Obama. It's the liberation theology of Marx, where Christianity is seen as a vehicle for Marxist ideology (which I know doesn't bother liberals even though the idea is anti-American), but you add the black element. The black element is so radical and so extreme they profess to hate God if God does not give them victory over other races.

It's the worst version of "Christianity" I've ever seen. Even fundies who hate "them colored people" don't believe they should hate God for victory. How that is passable by anyone and not truly exposed by the media is absolute proof this county is asking to be destroyed from within.

!@#$ing fear mongers, 7 years later and the republican camp is still using 9/11 as a tactic.

I hate the fear-mongering of 9/11 in respect to abusing our civil liberties, but using it as a "tactic" is like saying we shouldn't use history to make points. To say that radical Islam isn't a threat or doesn't hate anyone who isn't part of radical Islam forgets what Mohammed did, and his successors.

We should be made aware of what they represent, but I also think we need to re-think our foreign policy to let the world burn without us as a political policy. If individuals want to fight in Rwanda or the Congo to combat genocide they certainly can, but as a UN Peacekeeper, not as U.S policy.