Two NHL Teams in Toronto???

EndZoneCrew

Ontario can easily support two hockey teams. Only worry is if they locate the new team in Hamilton (a town that has several times tried to have a team)... it 'd be a tough local competitor for the Sabres.

I actually think that's more likely than Toronto getting a second team. Hamilton's been trying since about 1985.

The main problem in Hamilton is Copps Coliseum. That is not a modern NHL building, so they would have to build a new one.

Anybody on the Niagara Frontier got an extra $350 million Canadian or so to spend?

I actually think that's more likely than Toronto getting a second team. Hamilton's been trying since about 1985.

The main problem in Hamilton is Copps Coliseum. That is not a modern NHL building, so they would have to build a new one.

Anybody on the Niagara Frontier got an extra $350 million Canadian or so to spend?

Sad thing is they kinda built that thing on spec. Hamiltion was pretty sure they were going to get a team once they built that place.

I think it's more likely an NHL team would relocate to Kansas City. They just built a new arena, it doesn't have a major occupant, and they want to bring in an NHL or NBA team. The Penguins were considering moving there before they got an agreement for a new arena.

I don't know. Toronto might respond well to a team that is actually capable of making the playoffs.

A little competition is just what the Leafs need. They are so spoiled with the market they monopolize I find it really difficult to believe they would allow another team within southern Ontario. It's the sole reason they have sucked for sooo long. They don't have to put a winner on the ice. Simple as that. When Gretzky became available after LA I think he was all set to come to Toronto. Ultimately he didn't because Leaf management said "Why? He isn't going to put more people in seats". And its so true.

Always sold out +Ratings always high on TV=Bu11sh-- Team

A little competition is just what the Leafs need. They are so spoiled with the market they monopolize I find it really difficult to believe they would allow another team within southern Ontario. It's the sole reason they have sucked for sooo long. They don't have to put a winner on the ice. Simple as that. When Gretzky became available after LA I think he was all set to come to Toronto. Ultimately he didn't because Leaf management said "Why? He isn't going to put more people in seats". And its so true.

Always sold out +Ratings always high on TV=Bu11sh-- Team

True the Leafs are bad for the exact same reasons the Cubs have been historicaly bad