A Tricky Question

Superbowl or Your Candidate Wins  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see happen? The Bills win the Superbowl this year, or your choice for President wins the election?

• Bills win the Superbowl
    • Your candidate wins

There's been a healthy discussion in this thread. Enjoyable to read. However, you've all been brainwashed, I must admit. I'm sorry to be the one to break the news, but someone must. The poll question was really a rather simple one:

Do you want the Bills to win the Superbowl OR do you want "your candidate" to win the presidential election?

Why is everyone reading this as an Obama or McCain presidency or a Bills Superbowl? I voted for my candidate to win. Why? Because the question did not state which candidate, it simply state "your choice". Given this is a completely hypothetical question it therefore does not have to be bound by the realms of Obama vs McCain.

Good point! Ted Nugent elected President or a Bills Superbowl? Suddenly the question becomes a little tougher.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone reading this as an Obama or McCain presidency or a Bills Superbowl?

Excellent point! I don't support either of those idiots, but I *still* fell into the trap of thinking that the question was narrowed down to the two clowns.

I *would* forgo a Bills Super Bowl victory *if* it meant that my candidate (Ron Paul) would be elected president. However, doesn’t look like that is happening, so I’ll take the Super Bowl victory for now.

I didn't say that it was the gov't job to "make sure that everyone is able to exercise that right". I said, the wealthy get benefit more from the fruits of our tax dollars, and it doesn't bother me that they have to pay a bigger percentage of their income in tax. It didn't bother me when I had a higher income, and it doesn't bother me now that I don't.

As for this, "everyone has the same incentives. Some do a better job than others", are you really that naive? That is the "BIG LIE" that keeps the poor voting for policies that help the rich. They really believe they will be rich someday...if they just work hard, apparently. Of course, in this country most of us have the opportunity to "make it" (assuming "making it" is the acquisition of wealth). But the assumption that we all have the same chance to make it, or that making it is simply a matter of equal effort, or that wealth is somehow currently distributed based on merit, is simply absurd.

First of all, Bills win is a no brainer to me. As someone else mentioned, I not only think, i KNOW i will break into tears.

Now onto you Deano, you Commie Left wing wacko :lol::w00t::beer:

This rich vs. poor argument always breaks down to an easy argument for me, and it was spelled out by my favorite author, Tom Robbins, in his best book, Jitterbug Perfume. Maybe not exact verbiage, but close enough.

" the rich are the most descriminated agaisn't class of people in the world. Everyone hates the rich strictly because they are rich. No actions or beliefs are neccasary, but the mere fact that one is rich will get people to assume they are an ****.

Well let me tell this. I have met and known a LOT of rich azzholes. I have also met and known a LOT of poor azzholes. The only real difference between the two is the rich azzholes can buy their own drinks"

Well let me tell this. I have met and known a LOT of rich azzholes. I have also met and known a LOT of poor azzholes. The only real difference between the two is the rich azzholes can buy their own drinks"

:lol: Well done. But, did you ever notice how many rick azzholes DON'T buy their own drinks? I can understand when a poor guy tries to hustle a drink off of someone (although I don't like it much), but I always simply shake my head when a guy with a big wad of cash, does the same...and then doesn't tip.

:lol: Well done. But, did you ever notice how many rick azzholes DON'T buy their own drinks? I can understand when a poor guy tries to hustle a drink off of someone (although I don't like it much), but I always simply shake my head when a guy with a big wad of cash, does the same...and then doesn't tip.

Why would a rich !@#$ not buy his own drink? You're generalizing far too much if you think that most rich people aren't willing to lay down money (I'm not saying you think this, but I'm saying your post implies so). It just happens that some people are rich because they are stingy, these people make you sick? Why? Because they're careful with their money? They often make wise economic decisions and are weary of lessons learned where they made poor decisions?

No one likes a rich guy who doesn't tip. That guy is a real !@#$. I don't know too many, however, and think its a rare exception. Honestly, should all wealthy people take the rap because of this rare bird? After all, I don't think all poor people abuse the social programs available to them just because a few do.

Why would a rich !@#$ not buy his own drink? You're generalizing far too much if you think that most rich people aren't willing to lay down money (I'm not saying you think this, but I'm saying your post implies so). It just happens that some people are rich because they are stingy, these people make you sick? Why? Because they're careful with their money? They often make wise economic decisions and are weary of lessons learned where they made poor decisions?

No one likes a rich guy who doesn't tip. That guy is a real !@#$. I don't know too many, however, and think its a rare exception. Honestly, should all wealthy people take the rap because of this rare bird? After all, I don't think all poor people abuse the social programs available to them just because a few do.

I'm not saying most reach people are cheap. I am saying that there are a bunch of cheap rich people. In other words, cheap people are cheap no matter how much money they seem to have. I worked at a Yacht Club and saw many people with a lot of money try to avoid paying for their drinks, dinner, etc. I also worked with some very wealthy (multi-millionaire) people who rarely seemed to have to pay for anything (the rich get things for free, it seems :lol:) , and made sure when they did, to get the receipt to expense it, or write it off. My boss used to actually get a receipt for a bagel and coffee, if we went around the corner to discuss something. I didn't dislike her, but I used to just shake my head, at that.

I don't like people like that, and it is worse, IMO, when they have the $$...yes, I admit to that.